steepingstars

Egg change and missing dragons

I am a returning user to dragcave, and my browser at the time remembered my name and password for me to log into my account again, but the first thing I noticed was a lot of dragons missing. Specifically origami, chicken, floating, some dinos, and cheese. I decided I either didn't collect them on an account, or I just really misremembered. 

But then I bred a hellfire wyvern and a horse dragon together, thinking I got a hellhorse dragon egg; but when it hatched, it was just a hellfire wyvern. I don't know the mechanics of the crossbreeds, but I almost feel like I'm going crazy because I SWORE the egg was correct. Can the eggs just not be hellhorse dragons? I'd love some insight on any of these problems, if anyone has any.

Thank you.

Hellfire x Horse can produce Hellhorse eggs, but they can also produce Hellfire or Horse eggs as well. The eggs are not that similar, but if you were expecting it to be a Hellhorse then you may just have assumed that that is what it was.

How long ago did you leave? Are you sure that those dragons you mentioned were full grown when you stopped playing? If they weren't fully grown, they may have died before reaching adulthood and would be gone by now.

Are you sure that they aren't on a different page of your scroll? Originally all the dragons were on one page but now they may not be based on how many you have and how you set up viewing.

A Hellhorse egg becomes a Hellhorse dragon, but the breeding could have resulted in a Hellfire or a Horse dragon. You probably just mistook it for a Hellhorse.

I left a really long time ago. I don't remember the exact year, but my assumption is roughly 11 years ago. I double checked my scroll and set it to 250 dragons a page, but I have less than 100 rn. It is absolutely possible some were still-growing before I stopped, but I find it weird which ones I remember that are missing. I tried to look at my trading history, but idk if that deletes after awhile because there's only 2 things I did. I don't know how to find my action log to see what's been abandoned and such.

As for the hellhorse, I am thinking I just mistook it, seeing as I assumed they would ALWAYS make hellhorse eggs.

If anyone had access to your account during the time you were gone, they could have released your rare dragons into the wilderness as well, though the above statements are more than likely to have happened

I definitely hope that wasn't the case, but I don't know how to tell if someone did. I've changed my username and password already and it says on my account only 1 logged in device...

It's very possible you are just mis-remembering what you had after so many years. I don't know exactly how long ago you were playing, but there *was* a significant data-loss issue in July 2009, most of the dragons were recovered but I know there was a small bit of data that couldn't be recovered. Don't know if that could be a factor here, depends how long you've had the account. 

(Your action log is linked on your main scroll page, under the 'Dragons' header, but it only shows logs for the past month.)