Paradisiske

Spellbook

What if it's tied to collecting caveborns of certain elements and you can use shards to buy eggs that count towards it?

I like collecting caveborns so I like the idea of something cosmetic but I think just shards to collect it wouldn't be as good of an idea.

8 hours ago, Skadi said:

What if it's tied to collecting caveborns of certain elements and you can use shards to buy eggs that count towards it?

I like collecting caveborns so I like the idea of something cosmetic but I think just shards to collect it wouldn't be as good of an idea.

You mean, the spells/badges would require buying Market eggs that you might not even want just to collect the badges? No thanks. That's heavily biased towards players who prefer CBs, and in general I don't think many people would be happy to have badges you can only get by spending saved-up shards on breeds they may not even want. (Maybe you just mean collecting CBs in general and shards *can* be used to speed up the collecting? Still no, please.)

There have been suggestions in the past for 'badges' for collecting different things and different collection-based milestones, but if anything like that were to happen it should not distinguish between CB/bred, there is no reason someone should get a badge for collecting say 50 CB Water dragons but not be able to get the badge if they collect 50 bred Water dragons. 

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

You mean, the spells/badges would require buying Market eggs that you might not even want just to collect the badges? No thanks. That's heavily biased towards players who prefer CBs, and in general I don't think many people would be happy to have badges you can only get by spending saved-up shards on breeds they may not even want. (Maybe you just mean collecting CBs in general and shards *can* be used to speed up the collecting? Still no, please.)

There have been suggestions in the past for 'badges' for collecting different things and different collection-based milestones, but if anything like that were to happen it should not distinguish between CB/bred, there is no reason someone should get a badge for collecting say 50 CB Water dragons but not be able to get the badge if they collect 50 bred Water dragons. 

No you can get the badges from getting them from the cave, but if you want to get it faster you can buy eggs with shards too.

I'd be ok with adding breeding. But personally my idea is just to encourage more cave catching, with shards or breeding as optional ways to make it faster or get those hard to catch elements. I wouldn't use either alternative method personally because I like cave hunting best. But people with different playstyles could still get the element badges if breeding were theoretically added so I'm also ok with that.

Edited by Skadi