pinkangel725

Egg died?

Can someone maybe explain to me how egg sickness/death is supposed to work? I had an egg warded and fogged and when I checked back in it's now dead. I don't understand why this happened, but maybe I'm just dumb?

Ward will keep an egg from dying for 6 hours. After that, if it already gained a fatal dose of views, it can still die. Fogging does not keep an egg from dying. It only keeps it from getting more views. But again if it got too many views before it was fogged it can still die. Very young eggs are much more likely to die from sickness, so it is best not to put your eggs in any hatcheries until they are at least 12 hours old -- some say to wait a whole day.

Ward doesn't cure sickness, it prevents it from dying for a few hours, BUT if the egg is sick enough it'll die the instant Ward wears off. Fogging wouldn't keep a sick egg from not dying (but it is a good idea to fog eggs to make sure it's not getting more views)

Let's play this scenario out: I've heard that egg doesn't die within the first 5 hours of catching. Let's say someone viewbombed it (or maybe you put it in too many hatcheries) and by the end of it reaching 6 days 20 hours, it has accumulated >200UV and a lot of OV (these numbers are just kind of random, but I do know eggs that die at 200-ish UV with a time as low as 5 days 22 hours). At this time, you saw this problem and went ward and fog the egg. Ward protects it from dying in the next 6 hours. However, when Ward wears off, the egg would be at 6 days 14 hours with >200UV, so the egg instantly dies because it can't handle that amount of view at this age.

Ninja'd!

Edited by Moriaty

It absolutely can die in the first 5 hours if it gets too many views. Its just not common unless it was a targeted attack.

5 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

It absolutely can die in the first 5 hours if it gets too many views. Its just not common unless it was a targeted attack.

Quoted for truth.

17 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

It can't if it's CB, presumably to avoid the loophole of getting rid of an egg that way before cave cooldown ends. It can however still get enough views that it dies as soon as the cooldown and/or ward ends. 

An attempt to get rid of an egg this way racked up about the number of views TJ's release dragons get by adulthood in 4 hours and didn't die until cooldown ended, so it's likely completely impossible.Death_Egg.png

Edited by Shadowdrake

TJ;'s eggs have magic attached, as prize dragons do.

I swear I had at least one that I managed to blitz to death in the first 5 hours; I think I will try and do it again. I can't remember if it was CB.

OK - mine (CB) is sick already within the first 15 minutes. Not bad.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

And so far it got to 6.19 sick the whole time I admit - it lives still...

6_19.JPG.0179c6530311b2706e2593bee02ff027.JPG

And now it's stuck in the 15:1 thing :(

• Overall views:5,640
  • Unique views:376
  • Clicks:6

OK - off to the AP with the dear thing, as it's way down now and so the "not in the first 5 hours" thing looks right !

image.png.d46aecd64f9af27983bb63a127e0f78c.png

6 days 18 hours to go !

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OK - off to the AP with the dear thing, as it's way down now and so the "not in the first 5 hours" thing looks right !

image.png.d46aecd64f9af27983bb63a127e0f78c.png

6 days 18 hours to go !

I think it's dead, because when I tried inputting the code to the view page it said can't find such dragon (JUwIQ with the caps I, wasn't it?)

Oh nvm I just saw that it's on your scroll and hidden. My bad, I was just wondering if eggs that die in AP will disappear straight away but it's not actually in AP XD

Edited by Moriaty

It's now in the AP and open to all - and STILL not dead !

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

TJ;'s eggs have magic attached, as prize dragons do.

I am aware; the dead egg I posted was a regular player's egg. The only reason I mentioned TJ's dragons was to have a baseline comparison of how high the views got, because if an egg survives despite being viewbombed with the equivalent of the entire active DC playerbase then it is probably impossible to kill an egg in 5 hours with run-of-the-mill viewbombing.

Also, your experimental egg finally died.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Will the dead egg show up in the AP? Oh, wait! It has no timer now that it's dead, so what happens to it?

It apparently still exists somewhere because you can still view it.

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

It has no timer now that it's dead, so what happens to it?

It goes to the graveyard. The graveyard used to get new eggs nearly every second when the holidays didn't show regular eggs. I don't think it shows up anywhere in normal gameplay, though.

10 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

It goes to the graveyard. The graveyard used to get new eggs nearly every second when the holidays didn't show regular eggs. I don't think it shows up anywhere in normal gameplay, though.

This seems kinda weird. Is it supposed to not show anything? I was thinking it would be like the wild dragons

E22F0205-C54A-474A-AEA3-583F01CE394B.thumb.jpeg.8b5fbdf9afb4ff2541d7651fb2f647f7.jpeg

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

This seems kinda weird. Is it supposed to not show anything? I was thinking it would be like the wild dragons

It's random whether it'll show up to you or not. Try checking once an hour if you really want to see it.

11 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

It's random whether it'll show up to you or not. Try checking once an hour if you really want to see it.

Ah hah! Thank you! I can see them now. :)

4E687C90-3B11-414C-AD06-920B5F128052.thumb.jpeg.e2f05440a2dd04ba78e5a04577e6c594.jpeg

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I am aware; the dead egg I posted was a regular player's egg. The only reason I mentioned TJ's dragons was to have a baseline comparison of how high the views got, because if an egg survives despite being viewbombed with the equivalent of the entire active DC playerbase then it is probably impossible to kill an egg in 5 hours with run-of-the-mill viewbombing.

Also, your experimental egg finally died.

I know. I did say I was testing out of interest. I swear I HAVE managed to do for one under 5 hours before - but it may well have been bred; that was why I tried. No disrespect intended.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Will the dead egg show up in the AP? Oh, wait! It has no timer now that it's dead, so what happens to it?

It apparently still exists somewhere because you can still view it.

Dead eggs never do; only things you can pick up show up there.

10 hours ago, missy_ said:

Ah hah! Thank you! I can see them now. :)

4E687C90-3B11-414C-AD06-920B5F128052.thumb.jpeg.e2f05440a2dd04ba78e5a04577e6c594.jpeg

Wooh I didn't know the page would look like this! Are these all eggs that don't have an owner, or do they include those that are still on a scroll? My graveyard still showed nothing (sad

EDIT after another try:

YES! I see the graveyard too! And I found an egg with an owner name attached in the graveyard too - seems that it's a graveyard for all various dragons that died, ownerless or not!

Edited by Moriaty

On 9/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, Moriaty said:

Wooh I didn't know the page would look like this! Are these all eggs that don't have an owner, or do they include those that are still on a scroll? My graveyard still showed nothing (sad

EDIT after another try:

YES! I see the graveyard too! And I found an egg with an owner name attached in the graveyard too - seems that it's a graveyard for all various dragons that died, ownerless or not!

Yes, I thought it was pretty cool that I could click on each individual tombstone or eggshell and it took me to the dragon’s parents/lineage if it had any, etc.!