Xopwe

Cannot trade dragons that do not belong to you

Posting for a friend since he doesn't have a forum account.

I told him how to get a wild shumoga and he smashed an egg that had a huge hole in it. A wild one popped out and he refreshed the page for some reason which caused him to stab the baby hatchling without even putting in a password confirmation. He revived it successfully. He later saw a really good trade asking for a wild shumoga but it wouldn't let him offer his one, it kept saying "you cannot trade hatchlings that do not belong to you".

Hatchlings you don't own shouldn't even be appearing in the list of things you're able to offer on a trade...the only thing I can think of that maybe caused that kind of problem is if he had multiple tabs open and abandoned the hatchie in one tab while trying to offer it on a trade in another tab.

The obvious questions of course: does the hatchling actually still belong to him - it wasn't abandoned, whether accidentally or intentionally? If he looks at his scroll page, is the hatchling still there among his dragons? 

I have no kill slots so I can't test whether or not refreshing the kill page offers any second confirmation - it might not because technically you're already in a password-confirmed state at that point. Don't refresh those pages; just click the hatchling picture itself to navigate away before doing anything else (this doesn't help NOW obviously but for future reference...).

I haven't tried it before but it sounds like revived hatchlings can't be offered on trades for some reason.

Edit: Hmm the wiki only says this:

If a hatchling died because it wasn't given enough views, upon a successful revival, two days are added to its timer. They can no longer be offered on trades or added when creating a transfer, either (although the transfer creation page currently shows them as available for transport).

Still kind of weird though.

Edited by MissK.

22 minutes ago, Infinis said:

Hatchlings you don't own shouldn't even be appearing in the list of things you're able to offer on a trade...the only thing I can think of that maybe caused that kind of problem is if he had multiple tabs open and abandoned the hatchie in one tab while trying to offer it on a trade in another tab.

The obvious questions of course: does the hatchling actually still belong to him - it wasn't abandoned, whether accidentally or intentionally? If he looks at his scroll page, is the hatchling still there among his dragons? 

I have no kill slots so I can't test whether or not refreshing the kill page offers any second confirmation - it might not because technically you're already in a password-confirmed state at that point. Don't refresh those pages; just click the hatchling picture itself to navigate away before doing anything else (this doesn't help NOW obviously but for future reference...).

It's still on his scroll, I just checked and its still there. Can't link because it's not my scroll but I can still view it just fine. It's a wild shumoga with the "this hatchling was forced out prematurely" message. 

7 minutes ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

It's still on his scroll, I just checked and its still there. Can't link because it's not my scroll but I can still view it just fine. It's a wild shumoga with the "this hatchling was forced out prematurely" message. 

It seems like missk.’s answer just above your post is probably the cause. 

7 minutes ago, Infinis said:

It seems like missk.’s answer just above your post is probably the cause. 

Is it a bug? The hatchling didn't die from lack of views and still has 6 days 23 hours left on its timer.  

Also we just tried to bounce it back and fourth with a 2 way hatchling trade but it still says its not his hatchling. 

I don't know if it's intended behaviour or a bug, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing applies no matter how a hatchling died. Perhaps since you can only revive a hatchling once, they are untradeable after that because the person who receives them would have no way of knowing they can't try to revive again. 

15 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I don't know if it's intended behaviour or a bug, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing applies no matter how a hatchling died. Perhaps since you can only revive a hatchling once, they are untradeable after that because the person who receives them would have no way of knowing they can't try to revive again. 

OK that makes sense I didn't know you can only revive once. 

I just got this same error message trying to create a trade for a skittish Shumoga that I own and that was NOT killed/revived (I used earthquake and it "scampered out and was caught", so that's not killing it, right?). I was able to offer it on an existing trade though, so something doesn't seem quite right.

If it was EQd, that counts, I think.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If it was EQd, that counts, I think.

Really? There were loads of skittish shumonga trades when they’re at their peak, and I’ve gifted a few to my friends. At that time there never seemed to be a problem creating trade for them even though most were either eq hatched or straight kill hatched

8 hours ago, dustpuppy said:

I just got this same error message trying to create a trade for a skittish Shumoga that I own and that was NOT killed/revived (I used earthquake and it "scampered out and was caught", so that's not killing it, right?). I was able to offer it on an existing trade though, so something doesn't seem quite right.

It's not a common glitch, but I've seen it before. I don't know how people have fixed it--I think sometimes it goes away on its own? Have you tried fogging and unfogging it?

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

It's not a common glitch, but I've seen it before. I don't know how people have fixed it--I think sometimes it goes away on its own? Have you tried fogging and unfogging it?

I just tried it again and it worked. Weird. Thank you!