missy_

Pyropellis Wyvern Breeding

On 9/5/2021 at 10:03 AM, Lagie said:

How is there no link to the spreadsheet in this thread yet? :blink:

I hope this works...

I think the post that did have it just doesn't stand out.

I did not know about that version of view for a google sheet.

@missy_ can we get a link in the first post to the spreadsheet?

Here is a link to the one that lets you edit it

Pyropellis Flame Color Spreadsheet

The link Lagie gave is for an html view of it which might be nice too for those that have trouble viewing sheets normally.

1 hour ago, Dinala1641882 said:

I think the post that did have it just doesn't stand out.

I did not know about that version of view for a google sheet.

@missy_ can we get a link in the first post to the spreadsheet?

Here is a link to the one that lets you edit it

Pyropellis Flame Color Spreadsheet

The link Lagie gave is for an html view of it which might be nice too for those that have trouble viewing sheets normally.

Got it! :) Added links to spreadsheet in the first post, one for editing and one for viewing.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:03 PM, Myoukin said:

That's really interesting since their sprite clearly has orange flames and the creator stated sprites are a large decider in Pyro colors... maybe it's a bug? Or maybe we just made an incorrect asssumption.

It could be another case of a breed that was released while Doha was working on the pyropellis? I think it was mentioned that's why the astaarus female doesn't change the flame colours either, they didn't exist while they were deciding which ones should change the flames

maybe it will be added later!

just so i've got this understood correctly:

if i have an orange Pyro that i want to keep orange, i can breed it with any of the breeds not listed under a color column (or:  from the "Confirmed Unchanged" column (B), the "Orange" column (C), and the "Unconfirmed Unchanged" column (A) on the spreadsheet) - is this correct?

Yes, that's right. If it's not under a color column, it's probably good.

Hi all! I've created a comprehensive sheet for the different breeds and how they affect Pyropellis colors. It's largely unpopulated only populated by forum and wiki info, but it should be good for comparisons. It's open to edit if anyone's interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ij8XTcaemomh18noGY0s6vXkhDkgWqsuGtzxpviNGSk

Edited by KeanWoodsworth

3 hours ago, KeanWoodsworth said:

Hi all! I've created a comprehensive sheet for the different breeds and how they affect Pyropellis colors. It's largely unpopulated only populated by forum and wiki info, but it should be good for comparisons. It's open to edit if anyone's interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ij8XTcaemomh18noGY0s6vXkhDkgWqsuGtzxpviNGSk

Did you see @Dinala1641882 spreadsheet? It is the one the community was updating as the breed was first released and has the results of every breed on it already. I believe Dinala1641882's post at the top of this page has the link and Missy added it to the first post as well.

3 hours ago, Mnkn10 said:

You need to breed the Rift wyrm with a non-orange pyropellis to confirm that it's unchanged.

Ah, I see.  I didn't understand that at first.  Sorry.  I'll confirm with another rift wyrm breeding later on.☺

10 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Did you see @Dinala1641882 spreadsheet? It is the one the community was updating as the breed was first released and has the results of every breed on it already. I believe Dinala1641882's post at the top of this page has the link and Missy added it to the first post as well.

I did see it but I personally found it confusing and not conducive for filtering. That's just me though, I know that others haven't had any issues with it.

blacktip confirmed no change. part of me was hoping they would bc table salt burns orange-yellow

image.png.4d15480c31005b6640c925e0436b80c0.png

4 hours ago, KeanWoodsworth said:

I did see it but I personally found it confusing and not conducive for filtering. That's just me though, I know that others haven't had any issues with it.

I like the different layout you choose.  I completely get needing to see things laid out differently.

Kudos to you for the work you put into making something you can understand. I hope it helps any one else who might have had issues with mine.

@missy_ would you mind also adding a link to their sheet?

49 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

I like the different layout you choose.  I completely get needing to see things laid out differently.

Kudos to you for the work you put into making something you can understand. I hope it helps any one else who might have had issues with mine.

Thank you! I'm so excited to contribute to the community!

On 9/10/2021 at 3:38 AM, KeanWoodsworth said:

Added! :) Thank you and to @Dinala1641882 for the spreadsheets for this project!  ^_^ Anyone is welcome to contribute always. :iraptor:

14 hours ago, Dinala1641882 said:

Added! :)  These will assist the community with sleuthing. :shades: 

I cannot link to this, because it is not my egg.

It is a Silver Tinsel paired with a Cyan Pyropellis.

Screenshots with identifying information covered up:

A078766B-540F-4937-BE04-07BB3B553031.jpeg.37d6346ceef436b57ccf70f858ab71e8.jpeg

This appears to be the second time this Pyropellis was bred. The first time was with a female Hellfire and produced the expected result:

77162D2F-67BA-41D7-B172-07E636124376.jpeg.7d7db7e8d39de2a379b9377ad420f11d.jpeg

Edited by missy_

Whoo-hoo! New positive data point (so satisfying after all the "no change" results): Avatar of Destruction will change a colored flame back to orange!!!

Spreadsheet updated.

3 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

I still can't understand the whole new mechanics, but it seems that Lihnseyres are neutral and nothing happened to orange pyro if I understood correctly

You need to breed it with one of the dragons confirmed to change to a different color (ie: Green, Cyan, Blue, Purple, and unlit) first.

We tested which ones change flame colors, now we're at the stage where we're testing which dragon don't change flame colors back to orange. This requires first breeding a regular orange Pyro to one of the dragons known to change the flame to a different color besides orange to get said color, then wait a week (breeding cooldown) and breed it with one of the dragons we haven't confirmed to affect the flame at all. If the flame doesn't change, the partner's confirmed to not affect the flame; otherwise, it's a confirmed orange flame type.

I just want to make absolutely certain this is confirmed: Refusals will not result in a color change, even if the mate's breed is confirmed to change the colors?