AroaraAngelwolf

The Cursed

The sleeping potion helped but not entirely, for at two thirty in the morning he bolted upright in a cold sweat snatching the dagger and drawing it with a yell of terror. After a few minutes of laboured breathing he slowly relaxed and reset the dagger into it's sheath and back on the bedside table it went. He snatched up the journal and quill writing what his nightmare was about in it. Then he took a candle, lit it, and went into the library leaving the door open having both hands full with the candle and crutch. 

He studied the books closely in a section about monsters and carefully picked out one and sat down to look it over, lifting the mask so it sat on top of his head so he can see in the dim light better. He muttered about dreams and nightmares, fears and implanting more intense fear as well as flaring up the unconscious fear and the feeling of being drained of energy when waking.  " What is it? I know my family came across this beast before...." He grumbled.

She started out having a nice dream, but then it quickly turned into a nightmare shortly after. She awakened with wide eyes and shaky breathing. She had just gotten herself under control when she heard a yell of terror come from what she thought was Quadir’s room. She got out of bed, heading to the hallway afterward and then to his room after.

She knocked on the doorframe before entering and then asking a bit tiredly as she was still not quite awake, “Quadir? Everything okay? Also do you need any help?” She wasn’t sure if she could go back to sleep so she wanted to be helpful if he needed it. “Although I’m still a bit tired, I’d like to help if I can. I don’t think I can go back to sleep after the nightmare I just had.”

Quadir had rubbed his eyes to stay awake causing his mask to fall off behind him as he sat at his mirror less vanity table with the book he got from the library and brought back to his room. He waved her inside. "I'm trying to figure out what beast this is. Nightmares are apparently common many beasts but the different types are important. You can lay on my bed and tell me about your nightmares. If we dreamed of the same fear, then that would narrow it down significantly." He said squinting at his book. "I'm not going to sleep until I drive this thing out of my head. It's been plaguing me for a month and a half now, and since you came I haven't gotten a single wink of sleep. " He growled huffing like a angry cat once more. 

Getting up with his candle, he grabbed a candle bra and lit the three  there with his, having now four candles to shine on his book. From the angle of the bed, this also cast light on his face. 

Although his thin high dark black eyebrows where scrunched in a frown, his face held no blemish at all. Eyes where glimmering like a cat's, flashing silver in the low light. Lips pale and perfect, lashes thick and curled. His hands had no gloves on and appeared perfectly manicured, slender like a violinist without any calluses, just smooth as the pages of the book he intently gazed at. 

Once she started to speak about her dreams he took notes then looked at her shocked that the first one she had, He had chased her out of the castle. Now with a clear view, his nose was perfect, eyes a swirling combination of his mother's brilliant blue and a soft grey-silver that was his father's. "That was only a dream, I'd never do that to you..." He said softly, trying to comfort her. 

“Oh and I wasn’t aware that there could be more than one type of beast that could cause nightmares. Alright and I hope me telling you them would help with that. Oh and I’m sorry,” Alivia said in reply with a slight sullen look as she thought that maybe it was her fault that the beast was bothering him more before laying down on his bed.

It was when his face was in the light of the candles that she noticed that his face wasn’t covered anymore by his mask, and she could see that he looked very attractive. She didn’t tell him that, though as she wasn’t sure what kind of reaction that would ensue (I can edit that to be her saying something about that if you’d like). She also noticed that his hands were very smooth-looking, like a model’s.

After he was sitting in a chair beside his bed she told him the first nightmare that she had, not noticing that tears were now rolling down her cheeks. “It wasn’t just you, but the townspeople as well and I know you won’t. I blame that fear on Mayor Evans telling me that rumor about your ancestors giving their disobedient wives to the snow beasts to scare me before I came here,” she said smiling a bit when she felt better after hearing what he had said to comfort her.

Then she told him the second nightmare she had earlier before she had knocked on his doorframe, describing the fire in the castle that started in her study. “I woke up breathing shakily and making sure my hands weren’t really burnt from touching one of the doorknobs. Was the one you had tonight the same or different?”

Edited by SkySong278

((she can't without turning him to stone. She could however say he's not that terrifying or horrible and she isn't scared of him.))

Seeing her tears he opened a drawer in the vanity and pulled out a handkerchief handing it to her.  "Regardless who it was, it won't happen, and if someone from the town did treat you like they did in your dream, I will personally drive them out of the town and off of any patch of land in my jurisdiction. By the Deity of Maelstrom I swear this to you, those who reject the new Lady and Face if the Maelstrom family will no longer be under my protection." He said sitting up straighter holding a fist over his heart determination in his eyes.

After a moment, he returned his gaze to the book once more. "I didn't know there were so many monsters that had that ability either. Not until I opened up the monster archives in the library and found this book on dream beasts. I thought it was one with stories of encounters with them and how to defeat it, but it's in chapters categorizing the different dreams they can create. "

He flipped a couple more pages in silence before speaking quietly. "Mine where... Similar in nature but different scenarios. The first one was of my mother's spirit getting trapped here, and being ordered to take the same campaign my father took. I asked you to look after the castle but you went along anyway and a bunch of Borson attacked with arrows. Several pierced the crate you where hiding in and I lost a majority of the men. Then after I was bound in chains, I was taken to a black Quadvern that told me how he ate my father, devoured the rest of my men and you before swallowing me." Another pause.

"The second one was of your debut in society as my wife and at the ball some man got into a fight, hit me by accident and broke my mask. Everyone saw me, several people fainted, ten started screaming and you looked at me in absolute disgust. Then someone threw alcohol on me and smashed a fire witches stone at my feet setting me ablaze.  I woke up when you drew your dagger and went to stab me." He said.

((oh. I thought he’d turn to stone if she said that he was handsome, but she wasn’t going to say that exact word. I guess using a synonym of it won’t work? alright))

She took the offered handkerchief that he got out of the vanity drawer, and wiped her tear-dampened cheeks before looking both shocked and surprised at the words that he said. “Y-You’d really do all of that for someone you barely know? T-Thank you,” she asked and said while stammering a bit to let him know of her shock and surprise. She then blushed a bit at how much more attractive he seemed at his action, but didn’t dare verbalize it.

She sat up when he had his attention go back to being on the book in his lap, listening to everything he said afterward. “Could it possibly be dreamcatcher related? I think I saw a flying dreamcatcher with an evil-looking face in the first nightmare I had with red eyes,” she asked and said in reply with a thoughtful expression on her face.

Her eyes then widened a bit in shock and a little bit of horror when she heard what had occurred in his first nightmare. She had never heard of a black Quadvern, but that didn’t mean that they didn’t exist. She then put a hand over her mouth when she heard the second nightmare he had before dropping it after he was done saying everything he did that had occurred in the bad dream.

“I’d never do those things to you. Currently, in my eyes, you don’t look that terrifying nor do you look horrible. I’m not scared of you and I’m not looking at you in disgust,” she said in reply after a little while. She then held a hesitant hand out, and put it against his cheek while looking into his eyes that she also thought were very beautiful. She then dropped it again before it got too awkward, blushing a bit as she wasn’t sure why she had done that in the first place. “Sorry,” she said softly while looking down at the floor while thinking that she had probably done something she shouldn’t have.

Edited by SkySong278

((correct. ))

"Of course I would. You are a Maelstrom now. Anyone against you is against me. " He said simply like it was a fact that can't be disputed.  Hearing her discription of the creature she saw in her nightmare he flipped a few more pages and stopped when she said her last statement looking up at her shocked when she touched his cheek. 

His face flushed, then went pale as he saw his mask in the floor and currently too far for him to dive twords without reopening his wounds.  Speechless he looked back at her and blinked still stunned that she wasn't running for the mountains at the sight of him. 

He opened his mouth to speak, nothing came out so he flushed and looked back down at the book once more. Clearing his throat he spoke in a shaky voice. "Um... W-well there is one that has a dreamcatcher pattern on its face. It's called the Pandasantia, a dog faced creature with a spiderweb like pattern on its face and a cat like body with red eyes. It says it causes fear of rejection and when it's power increases, manifests flames in dreams when nearby.  These flames will eventually consume the dreamer and cause paralysis and unconsciousness, for they feast on the fears of others until they devour the soul of the dreamer. " He said trying to change the subject. 

"Let's see... They can disguise themselves as a regular small street dog but they enjoy honey with lemon juice and hot pepper juice squeezed on it, the smell attracting them. To kill it,you have to make it's true form come out and remove it's head with a silver blade, then cut out it's heart, burn the head and heart with holy flames. They are usually in groups of three.  To make them show their true form and as protection against the nightmares, a loved one must choose the the material and weave a dreamcatcher and hide it in their love's bedroom somewhere unbeknownst to their love. If the person spots the dreamcatcher, the protection spell is broken. A second dreamcatcher given can be warn around the neck and if touched by said dreamcatcher, the Pandasantia will reveal their true selfves. Remember these creatures feast on rejection and loneliness. Two or more people close to one another are less likely to be targeted then those who... Sleep alone...?" He finished the page with another flush and a small cough in embarrassment. 

"I.. I can sleep on the couch we both need the sleep and when I recover in a couple more days we'll hunt these creatures first..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((okay)) 

“Oh,” she said in reply while still a bit shocked but with also a bit of happiness as well. She then looked a bit confused when she saw his stunned and shocked expression, wondering for a minute why he looked that way but then had her face clear that expression so she no longer looked confused. Then she had her attention and focus go on what he was saying regarding the description that she had given to him earlier of the creature she had seen, thankful for the subject change.

“Oh, that’s interesting. I don’t remember seeing a dog head when I saw it, but maybe it did. I guess it was really close then earlier when I had the more recent nightmare of my study burning and also possibly in the hallway since shortly after I woke up from mine you woke up from yours,” she said before listening to everything else he said afterward.

She listened with increased interest to all that he said about how it could be attracted, and the true form of them. Her eyes widened a bit when she heard that there could be more than one of them, but also that the only way to kill it would be to cut off its head and cut out its heart with a silver blade. She was very surprised to hear that the way to lure them was to get or make dreamcatchers and put them in a place where a loved one wouldn’t know where they’re placed. That caused her to blush a bit but what caused her to blush even more, was the very last thing he said in the last statement before he closed the book.

“A-Are you sure I should sleep in your bed? I can sleep on the couch instead, and that’s a good idea.”

Edited by SkySong278

"Mother would haunt me for life if I'd allow a lady to sleep on the couch. Take the bed please." He said blowing out the candles leaving the firelight be the only light in the room. He got up, then got his mask from the floor setting it on a coffee table that had  black, red and blue quadverns' circling each other in the mosaic before moving back over to her, tucking her in and took a pillow and a spare blanket from the chest at the end of his bed setting it on the couch before easing himself down. 

"I hope this works. It sounds like we both had a close call, and it's a good thing we woke up when we did. The dog's head doesn't show up, just the wed pattern and the eyes of the beast. Now, rest well Alivia." He said softly as he laid down and covered himself facing the back of the couch in case someone walked in in the morning. 

---

Indeed no more nightmares happened that night, although with his curtains drawn the room was very dark, slender bits of sunlight peeked in over the top and bottom of the curtains but not enough to completely penetrate the gloom. The fire had died sometime in the night, and Jacob the blind crypt keeper came in with the Lord's breakfast. Setting it on the bedside table carefully he paused and sniffed the air. 

"My Lady? What brings you in here? It's too soon for the Lord to have any strenuous activity with-" 

"Damnit Joseph! I'm over on the couch..." Quadir groaned with a now scarlet face. He put on his mask. "Just.... just get a tray for the Lady please... We found out what beasts are plaguing our town and the entry said to sleep in pairs so they can't feed on the fears of rejection and loneliness..." He said sounding like he was talking through marbles as Joseph brought the trey to the coffee table and set it down again. 

"Is that so? So there's more then one?" The servant asked. "Yes, they travel in threes a Pandasantia. We will kill it only when I am healed so don't fret. " Quadir said pouring himself water and taking a drink. "We both dreamed of Fire last night."

"Ah! I hear you now, you where close to being devoured by the beasts so you did a tactical aproch. Alright, I'll get the tray from Donna and bring it here." He said, bowed and left only to return a moment later with her breakfast tray and set that one on the bedside table for her before bowing again and left closing the door so Quadir could take his mask off. 

“Oh I guess we don’t want that and okay,” she said in reply before getting settled in his bed and a bit under the covers while she watched as he blew out the candles which allowed the fire in the fireplace to be the only light there in the room. She then thanked him with a nod for tucking her in after he had set his mask down on a nearby coffee table, getting ready for bed soon after that.

“Me, too and yes it does. I agree and oh, that’s good to know. You as well,” she said in reply to everything else he said before he fell asleep and did so as well soon after.

♦~•~•~ * ~•~•~♦

She ended up not having any other nightmares the rest of the night, thankful that their plan had worked. She had also gotten a bit more under the covers to get a bit warmer when she no longer felt the warmth from the fireplace anymore. She was still sleeping the next morning when she heard someone enter the room. She discovered that it was Joseph after hearing him talk, waking up right away while sitting bolt upright at his words regarding strenuous activity.

She blushed a dark red just as Quadir did before he put his mask back on, listening to everything he said as an explanation for why she was there. She rubbed her eyes some while hearing the rest of the conversation, smiling a bit when hearing that her breakfast tray would be brought in there so that she could eat with him. When it was brought in, she verbally thanked Joseph as it was placed on the bedside table, and then started to eat the food that was on it after he left.

“Well that was kind of embarrassing,” she said after she had swallowed a couple of bites of her food and then went back to eating it afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

Once the door was closed he removed his mask once more muttering the word to light the witches stones in the room. He was scarlet to his ears and nearly choked on his water at her statement after Joseph left. "That is an understatement." He said between coughing. "Joseph has always been a bold one... I say it's his lack of sight makes his tact and room reading lacking in places, but he does have good ears and a nose like a bloodhound's. I take it he smelled the soap you used and knew you where still in here. Fortunately Joseph is not the type to spread word around the castle.... However until I am healed enough, this would have to be our sleeping arrangement for the next two days..." He said softly, nibbling on a apple slice that looked like a bunny.

Infact his cup was blue and gold with a elegant black cat painted on it with Ebony written on the rim. It was awfully cute for a man, and most Lords wouldn't dare touch such a delicate looking teacup. He sipped the sweet milk and honey tea before looking at her again. "Are you sure I don't scare you or make you uncomfortable without my mask? I need to wear it so I don't scare people but... it gets stuffy and hard to eat." He said softly looking scared for her answer.

Once given, he sighed in relief looking like he was about to cry. "It's so nice to see people without the red tint of the mask, the only ones who have seen my face was mother, and father. Joseph makes the masks, but is blind so my apperince is safe with him. " Finishing his breakfast, he way back and drank more of his tea simply enjoying the morning.

"I'll walk you down to submit those papers now you have a name for your store, and you can get anything you need to make more pieces before you open. I need lots of peppers from the market to make the sauce to draw out those beasts and get traps ready for when I can hunt them. " 

(((Happy new year!)))

((thank you and same to you :)))

“Sorry,” she said when he choked on his water at what she had said about it being embarrassing before hearing everything he said about Jospeh. “Oh, so it sounds like he’s very bold. Ah that makes sense. That’s good and I wouldn’t mind doing that until we can get rid of these beasts,” she said in reply before continuing to eat her own breakfast and some fruit that went with it.

She also took a sip out of the teacup that was for her that had some bunnies around the cup and some chai tea in it, noticing that his had a cute look to it as well but didn’t say anything about it not matching with his demeanor as she didn’t really care if it did or not. “Yes I’m sure and I understand that can be quite difficult,” she said in reply to his question and statement while also looking at him over the rim of her own cup.

“I bet and it’s easier to see the color of your eyes. It’s a very pretty combination. That makes sense for both of those things,” she said while also finishing eating her own breakfast and then also finishing drinking her tea shortly afterward. She placed both the empty plate and teacup back on the tray, also enjoying the morning.

“Okay thank you for both helping me come up with a name for it and walking with me there. I’ll only be a moment getting dressed in clothes that I can wear for the rest of the day. Okay and would you like to help me get everything set up in the store if you’ll have time?”

Edited by SkySong278

He blinked at her complement, then snorted. "Only thing I have going for me.  The rest of me is a horrible mess. " He said in a low cynical voice finished his own tray and set hers and his outside the door before hobbling over to the armour and pulled out his clothing for the day. 

" I will join you today. Not much I can do hurt, but I want to see what your shop looks like. I just bought it, never went inside. Perhaps I can help set up some cases?" He asked softly.  "I'll meet you downstairs in a half hour. " He said as he limped into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. 

----

He was downstairs in his usual black clothing, a cain in his hand and a small brace on his foot to keep it from moving. He had his mask on of course, and a thick fur cloak. "I hope you dressed warmly, the air is chilly this morning. Must be a blizzard somewhere downwind along the mountain range.  Are you ready for the day? We need a couple more small baskets of lemons too, so we have a wagon hooked up to our horses, we'll ride with Storm and Lilith will follow us to the market first. We'll load up the wagon then send her back to the castle herself then head to your shop after. Does that sound like a plan?"

She looked a bit sad at his words, wanting desperately to tell him that he didn’t look horrible at all but just kept silent instead at that remark. As he picked up both of their trays to set outside of his room and to also get his clothes out for the day, she got off of the bed and headed to the door as well.

“Alright and that’s what I meant when I asked if you’d like to help me get it set up. Okay sounds good,” she said in reply before he went into his bathroom to get changed and she went over to her room to also get dressed for the day.

♦~•~•~ * ~•~•~♦

She went downstairs after getting dressed in a tunic and pair of pants with a jacket on her arm, finding Quadir downstairs at the place they were going to meet at. “Yes, I did and I could tell from looking out my window that it was very windy. Oh, and do you usually get much snow this time of year? Yes, I am. Okay and yes, that sounds like a very good plan. Would you also like to see the cave tunnel as well while we’re out and before we head back here?”

Edited by SkySong278

"There's times we get snow year round. We are high in the mountains after all. The snow is a light dusting this time, although it's still considered summer, it would quickly melt by noon. " He said holding out his arm for her to take, although injured, he was still a gentleman also guided her out and helped her in the wagon that had Storm. He struggled a bit with his foot, but managed to get on beside her. "Do you mind if I drive to the market then you can take over the rest of the day. I know a faster way." He said.

Once given permission, he started up their small procession taking the less traveled streets to the market. "About the tunnel, that leads outside the walls, and not exactly a main entrance. It's mainly uses as a means of escape or quick way to the castle directly.  I did see it when I was injured, and I greatly appreciate you doing that so quickly. It helped me, if it was dim, I would have thought I would be passing out in the tunnel. There's a spell on it from the ravine entrance that makes it look like the mountain side, it's a way to keep out vagabonds and thieves. Only those who have been brought through that way before can spot it, which is most of the castle staff, minus Joseph, he's barely been outside the walls of the castle itself. " He said softly as he pulled up to a fruit stall and realized he should have brought steps for his foot. His shoulders slumped in defeat.  "I hate to ask this of a lady, but could you help me get down? I cannot move my foot or put too much weight on it otherwise it would take longer to heal. Just help me sit down and I'll slide off." He asked setting the reins between them.

“That must be nice and oh, right; I forgot that fact of us being in the mountains. I bet it’s still pretty when it falls though even though it doesn’t last very long,” she said in reply before taking his offered arm and then letting him guide her to where the wagon was outside. She gave him a thankful nod when he helped her up into the wagon and was about to help him up in return when she noticed him struggle a bit but after he got settled beside her, she sat back and relaxed. “Not at all and okay,” she said in reply to his question and statement.

She watched the scenery go by as he had Storm go the way he wanted to go along with the streets, listening to everything he said while on the way to the market. “Oh, then never mind and you’re welcome. You helped me out so I wanted to return the favor by helping you out. I’m glad it helped you to see better so you wouldn’t trip and cause you even more injuries. Oh, that’s interesting and I’d be interested to see if I can see that since I’ve been through it. Oh I didn’t know that he’s never been outside the castle walls but I understand why that might be a problem or issue,” she said in reply while having her attention go to being on the fruit stall after they pulled up to it. “Yes of course and I don’t mind at all,” she said in reply to the question he asked before getting down from where she was sitting on the wagon to help him sit down where she had stepped off as requested shortly after.

Edited by SkySong278

"Thank you." He said as he carefully slid off of the wagon. "You would be able to see it, so if you are pursued by monsters or men you can take that path to reach safety faster. " He paused his talk with her to barter for a couple barrels of lemons, getting three for a good price. Still leaning on his cane he lifted up one barrel to his shoulder singlehandedly and put it in the back of Lilith's wagon, doing the same for the other two.

"Peppers are down here. " He said leading the way down two more stalls. "So, we can swing by the town hall and submit those papers since it's on the way back along the main road. Do you need anything else for materials? I have a store of precious and semi-precious gems. Oh! We should get things for the dreamcatcher necklaces. " He said and bought a single barrel of peppers, bringing it back to the wagon the same way he got the lemons. Then he hobbled over to a embroidery stall and perused the metal hoops, and embroidery floss along with beads and feathers. He got several spools of each color, two metal and two wooden hoops, and green beads with orange and white feathers. "Pick the beads and feathers you want. I'll work on your necklace today. " 

“You’re welcome and I hope I won’t be pursued by monsters or men. I’m glad to know that I’ll know where the passage will be though if I’m ever pursued by those,” she said in reply before she walked with him over to where the lemons were. She listened with interest as he bartered for them, blushing a bit when she watched him lift one of the barrels single-handedly and put it over his shoulder without problem before he put it in the wagon. Her blush darkened slightly when he did the same thing with the second one.

After the second one was put in the wagon, she nodded at what he said regarding where the peppers were and followed him over to where they were. As she did so, she heard everything he said and the question he asked regarding if she needed any materials for the store. “Alright and maybe some chains and clasps as well as some string or something stronger for bracelets. That’s good about you having stones already. Maybe we can get a few more that I can turn into witches stones if some of the townspeople would like a bracelet or necklace made with some of them. Maybe also some small plaques that will have the magic word to light them up if they need help to get through a dark place. Okay and necklaces? I thought they would just be put in our loved ones’ chambers where neither one’ll know where they are,” she said and asked in reply with a slightly confused expression on her face before picking the beads and feathers for hers as requested which were blue-grey and white and green in color.

Edited by SkySong278

"That's for the dreams, the necklace is to reveal their true nature. I'll give you a silver blade so we can hunt them together. " He said and headed to the stall that had the objects she listed. Once gathered, he got back on the wagon and sat quietly as he watched Lilith go back to the castle then the scenery go by as  she lead them back to her jewelry shop after detouring at the Town hall. 

He needed help getting back down again and followed her inside looking around.  He then stood waiting for instructions on what to do. 

--

Once given a task, he followed it carefully and carefully placed each of the pieces with precision and delicacy. When that was finished in a short moment, he started to work on the dreamcatcher using the metal ring and elegantly knotting the web in a fox face shape with green stones for the eyes and a black stone nose and orange feathers. He fashioned it into a necklace and gave it to her. "You kinda remind me of a foxy friend of mine named Ember. She found a tod and went away a while ago, but she had fur like your hair and eyes like yours..." He said shyly.

"Oh and I guess I missed that this morning when you looked up the information for the Pandasantia. I must've been really tired or my mind was at least. Sorry. Okay," she said in reply with the blush back on her cheeks because of what she had said. She then followed him to the jewelry stall that had the other things she needed to make the pieces of jewelry she wanted to sell in her store. After they were paid for, she went back to the wagon with him and then had Storm go to her jewelry store after Lilith went back to the castle.

When they got to her store, she helped him down from the wagon again, and then headed inside the small building with him.

♦~•~•~ * ~•~•~♦

She told him what he could do to help her get set up, then went over to the safe where the necklaces and other pieces of jewelry from his mom were placed by him, and put in the cases for them to be displayed before going over to where he was with the dreamcatcher supplies. She watched as he crafted the necklace for her to look like a fox face before he gave it to her, listening to everything he said afterward. "Thank you and oh that's interesting," she said in reply with a small blush back on her cheeks before she made his after taking a wooden loop and made the middle of it look like a star with the blue-grey beads in the middle and the feathers at the bottom. She also fashioned it into a necklace before giving it to him in return. "I wasn't sure what to make yours except a smaller version of the typical dreamcatcher."

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir took the necklace and put it on. "It's alright, I like gazing at the stars so it's fitting. Thank you. Hopefully this'll work. Now, is there anything else needing to be done or can we perhaps... Go out for lunch?" He said shyly again, scratching his neck nervously.  Although technically married, this would be the first meal outside the castle with a woman. 

He shifted to lean on his cane more. "If you want, we can order a meal delivered here then you can ask me questions about me. I'll answer them for you. It's only fair since... We'll be living under the same castle roof." He cleared his throat.  He adjusted his mask then opened the cases to put a few of the jewels on display, adding colorful knotted Quadverns' in the corners for the aesthetic.  "I was given the ability to create anything from knotwork. "

“Okay and you’re welcome. I hope so, too. There’s nothing else for now. The only other thing I need to do is just make a few pieces of my own to sell which I can do later. I’d like that,” Alivia said shyly in reply to everything he said and the question he asked with a small shy smile on her face. It would be her first date with anyone although with him, she was technically married to him. It would also be the first time that they’d be eating a meal outside of the castle.

“That sounds good and um what kind of questions would you like me to ask you? Just general, personal questions like your likes and dislikes? Okay,” she asked and said in reply while also still a bit shy from earlier.

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir tilted his head. "Any question you'd like to ask. I'll go order us a lunch, I know a great place nearby. Now do you like rye bread or sourdough?" He asked pulling out a small pad and a small bit of graphite wrapped in a sturdy bamboo. He wrote down her preference of meat, bread and cheese then left to get lunch. 

Once he returned he drew the blinds and and sat in the back where he was protected from prying eyes. He then pulled off his mask and heaved a sigh. "Now ask away. "He said setting out their meals.

“Oh alright, if you’re sure. Okay and I like rye over sourdough,” Alivia said in reply to his statement and question. She then told him what meat and cheese she liked when he inquired about them after he had gotten out a small pad of paper and a writing utensil and before he had gone to get their lunches.

She was sitting in the back of the store when he returned with their sandwiches, watching as he drew the blinds and then nodded when she heard what he said. “What are your likes and dislikes? Hobbies?” she asked before nodding in thanks when he passed her the sandwich she had asked for.

Edited by SkySong278

"I like the color green, being active and outside. I prefer sourdough, lemonade and milk tea. Sweets are my weakness yet I don't get any because the sweets I like are bitter and sour to some.  Reading children books full of adventures and far off lands, history is my least favorite. "  He answered and started to eat.

After swallowing he continues. "I take care of small injured animals when I find them, reading is a hobby of mine. Now I don't like the color white, too plain and showed everything... I prefer silver then gold. Parties and balls, bullies and mirrors, disrespect for my family, threats against my guests and any act of violence against me or anyone weaker then me, which given the fact that I'm stronger then five snow beasts, is basically everyone."