AroaraAngelwolf

The Cursed

“Oh, okay and I understand. I didn’t know that the introduction of the staff had been the ceremony that you had talked about. We don’t need to do that until the time you said so it’s fine that it wasn’t a big fanfare,” she said in reply before the documents for the blood oath were taken by the butler after Lord Maelstrom gave them to her.

“I’d like that as well and okay,” she said in reply before following after him back to the courtyard and to the statue and altar that he had shown her after they had emerged from the cave tunnel. She watched curiously as he set out a fresh fruit offering on it before shoving it, revealing another secret passageway soon after. She looked into it, seeing the staircase that led down into its depths before following after him carefully shortly after he lit a witches stone so that they had light to see by. 

She was surprised to find that the crypt was a welcoming one, although a bit cold. She didn’t find it creepy or scary at all and wondered if his ancestors wanted it that way. She looked at all of the statues and portraits as they walked by them, thinking that they all looked very nice until they got to the end where the more recent portrait and plaque with his dad’s birth and death dates were. She wondered why there wasn’t a statue of him, but would ask that later.

She was also quiet, just looking up at the portrait of his mom and thinking that she was really pretty before she heard him start talking to it. She smiled a bit as a greeting to the picture after he introduced her and said what she was. She did blush a bit when she heard him say that he was no longer alone and was glad that she could help him feel that way, also hoping that she could continue to do that later on.

She then looked a bit concerned when she heard the sniffle sound come from him, looking over to see that he was trying not to cry and then blushed a bit more when she heard him say that her eyes were the same color as his mom’s favorite gemstone. She then looked a bit surprised when she felt a chilly tendril brush against her cheek after the lit sconce that was next to his mom’s portrait went out before hearing everything he said afterward.

“Oh, okay and I’ll try not to be too long so that we can head back in a timely manner. Alright,” she said in reply before he went down a few alcoves away to give her some privacy. She then started to talk to the portrait as requested, going into a bit more detail on the options she had been given to by the mayor. She then also sniffed a bit herself before apologizing, saying that it was in relief that she hadn’t chosen to go to the encampment for witches where she would have become a slave or worse and also hadn’t chosen to be burned at the stake. She also said that she was thankful for choosing to come to the castle where everyone, including her son, were so nice and kind and that the townspeople of the town that she had been in before had not been so nice and kind.

Edited by SkySong278

"Cry....not.... "  Came a soft whisper by her ear. "I...witch too..... Hear and see dead... Necklace will... Speak to me.... Please help... Curse. You will come to love him. Kind... Generous.. caring. Weak, must go." another cold brush against her cheek and then disappeared. After a moment Quadir got up and headed back to her.

He handed her a handkerchief and offered his arm, leading her back to the castle, the other door being under the grand staircase. The then lead her to her room and bid her goodnight with a bow and headed back to his room.

The letter in the table in her room was elegantly written. It stated:

To whom who occupies this room,

I am sorry I was not able to say this to you in person, however you came to this castle, no matter your background, you are now a lady of the castle. 

Do not listen to the rumors about how the men in this family have boils, melted features and bulging eyes. These are lies. The statues you saw in the crypt (knowing my son he no doubt took you down to see me) where what the men thought they looked like when their eyes where opened to the truth. The deity granted the family with beautiful children,but the same deity be cursed them as well. This is the artifact that stands in the courtyard. The books contain information that I and the privius ladies have gathered. Please continue our work with breaking this curse.

I am a witch. I never told my husband or son this fact because I couldn't embew crystals with power, but come from a long line of witch mediums who can hear and see the dead. This is how I gathered information and I created a amulet to help you get what I couldn't write down at the time of my passing. This will help to connect you to my spirit briefly and hear me clearly. 

Lastly, as a mother, I ask that you give my son a chance. Don't leave him alone. He believes he's the worst looking Maelstrom there was, has no chance of love in the slightest and after a single sided crush that ended up destroying a already fragile self esteem he started to harm himself whenever he gets emotionally attached to someone as a reminder of his curse. Whether it's cutting his hand too deep for the six month blessing requiring Maelstrom blood on the deity's feet, or ripping himself down with words. 

I don't know who you are, but please, try to form a relationship with Quadir. If you do eventually see his face, do NOT call him beautiful or handsome. That is how the statues are made! Protect him from others who wish to destroy him and the line and most importantly, protect him from himself.

With the best regards,  Lady Maelstrom.

P.S. I hope you like the interior. Quadir and I put a lot of care into it. 

--

Inside the book beneath the letter the first page had a small portrait of a beautiful man sleeping in a chair with a book on his chest. He had short black hair, black clothing and gloves on, a mask resting on a pile of books. The bottom was signed with 'Quadir Maelstrom has a nap.' passed that where neat notes about dreams with the deity in them, who had them and what it entailed, charts of brainstorming ideas for the link between the deity and the cursed apperince and ideas for breaking the curse. 

“I was just crying out of relief and oh. I’ll try to find the necklace to speak more to you and I’ll remember that about him as well as try to help him out,” she said in reply softly and smiled a bit when she felt the chill against her cheek. She then turned towards Quadir when he came back over to her after a moment or so.

She nodded to him in thanks when he gave her a handkerchief and then took his offered arm shortly afterward as he led her to a door in the crypt that led them back to the castle. After they emerged through another door under the grand staircase, she walked up with him back to the upper hallway that led to both of their rooms and went into her room after he bowed to her and went back to his own room.

She changed out of the gown she had worn while meeting the staff there and into a nightgown before reading the letter that was left for whoever would occupy the room that she was in and happened to be for her. It was in a really elegant written script. Her eyes widened a bit at all that was written there about the curse. She read the bit about the deity with a curious expression on her face which stayed on there as she read on about her being a witch that had the ability to speak to and see ghosts.

She continued to read on in the last couple paragraphs of her being a mom and about Quadir’s sometime habits of both hurting himself via injury and with words while also not leaving him alone because of those things which caused her to be a bit sad. She then panicked slightly when she read the bit about her possibly seeing his face and what she shouldn’t say, wondering then what she should say if she did see it.

She then read the last part about her hoping that she likes the interior and she did. If she did find that amulet, she’d be able to thank her for it and for the jewelry that she put in there for her.

After she put the letter down, she picked up the book and opened it to the first page, seeing the drawing and then reading what it was. She then found herself brushing her fingers over it softly afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

A knock sounded at her door. "My Lady? I'd like to introduce myself to you now and ask what you want for breakfast tomorrow. " A maid with dark hair olive skin with deep brown eyes curtsied when it was opened. "My name is Donna. I will serve you for the next two weeks. I am rather new to this part of the country, but I have been a maid since I was twelve. Pleased to meet you my Lady." She said with a thick accent of the neighboring country Zathbar. 

----

When morning came Donna knocked on the door and brought in breakfast for her to eat, setting it on the coffee table. "The Lord asks for your house key so he can send it with the family that's moving from his homestead today. He also sends his regards to you, he's going hunting again today and won't be back till late so feel free to explore the castle and the town. I'll be accompanying you if you want to go see the town. " She said with a small curtsy. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alivia jolted to attention when she heard the knock at the door, quickly putting the letter and worn book in the drawer of the small table that was beside the fireplace before answering the door shortly afterward. “It’s nice to meet you Donna and I’d like some scrambled eggs and oatmeal for my breakfast please,” she said in reply with a smile.

°-•~*~•-°

She was still sleeping the next morning when a knock sounded on the door again which woke her up. She got out of bed before rubbing her eyes and answering the door soon after, seeing Donna there with her breakfast. She opened it wide before she (Donna) set it on the coffee table, sitting down on the couch in front of it to start eating and to listen to everything the young maid said. “Alright I’ll locate it so that you can give it to him later when he returns from his hunting trip. I think I’ll do those things after I get ready for the day while possibly exploring the town first and the castle later,” she said in reply after swallowing a bite of her food and before eating a few more bites of it afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

She hesitated. "The family is moving today my Lady." She repeated. "And the Lord would see them off then hunt until nearly three in the morning..." She stood quietly. "By then it will be far to late to send the key. "  She stayed until she was given the key and left her alone. 

---

The staff where very kind to her if she passed them. If she chose to wonder the town, the townsfolk where in celebration at the announcement of the new Lady of the castle and seeing Lord Maelstrom and his handful of knights off  for the day. 

"Okay and I didn't know he'd be out that late. Sorry. I'll get it now so you can give it to him," she said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks before getting up and locating the key. She gave it to Donna and then went back to the couch to finish eating her breakfast.

°-•~*~•-°

After she got ready for the day by dressing in a tunic and a pair of pants, she left her room, and then headed downstairs to start exploring a bit more of the castle. She nodded to the staff with a smile on her face as she passed them and then after she explored other areas on the bottom floor she hadn't seen the day before, she went back upstairs to see if there were more areas there to explore. After she was done with that, she went and found Donna and then she ventured out into the town with her to greet the townsfolk there as well as to get to know them a bit more. She was there when Lord Maelstrom and his knights went through it to head out on their hunting trip, being able to see them go with the townsfolk.

Quadir glimpses the red hair through the crowd and waved slightly as he left the castle. The moving family went also behind the hunting party. 

There was a jewelry store near the castle that was closed up, a sign said a new place was coming soon and under new management.  Donna gave her the key to the place and let her look around, taking notes on what she wanted to do with it. Then she lead her to a tailor in town to get more outfits made. Once all the shopping was finished, they went back for dinner, having lunch at a local restaurant. 

The knights came back in rough shape after dinner just finished up. They where rushed to the infirmary upstairs on the third floor minus the Lord. One who was less wounded told the staff and anyone else that they have ran into a red Quavern female and killed it, only to have a male come out of the cave. After slaying that one Lord Maelstrom noted the size of them and sent the knights back stating that he'll clean up. It was when they where on the way back did a third red one much, much, larger then the two others fly overhead and spew flames that blocked the way back. The knights rushed out of there but it was far too late when they realized their Lord had recognized the two where in fact babies before he sent them away for their safety knowing they wouldn't fair well against a fully grown one.

--+-

The hour was late, almost three in the morning when Lord Maelstrom arrived back. Everything was quiet and very still. Entering the courtyard he left  bloody hand prints on the alter and feet of the deity.  Walking through the catacombs the blind man helped him into the house, up the steps and into the Lord's room. The door was left adjar as the blind man tended to his master's wounds. 

"Why did you do this to yourself?" The man asked.

"My knights where wounded, I wasn't. I heal faster and have better abilities against a monster like that " Quadir said simply.

"True my Lord, but to know that you are in danger and to willfully place yourself there is not going to help us. Your bloodline alone protects this kingdom, If you die without an heir this place will be overrunning with beasts by winter. "  

Silence followed.

"What are a few more scars to a already scaley, scab ridden body? " He said quietly.

Alivia waved back at him after she saw his slight wave towards her with a small shy smile on her face. She watched his hunting party until they were out of sight and then turned in another direction to explore the town a bit more afterward.

One of the other places in town that she explored was the jewelry store that the family that was moving to where she used to live left so that she could take it over after getting the key from Donna. As she looked it over, she told her maid the things she wanted to do with it as she wrote those things down and then followed her to a tailor after they were done there, locking it back up before they left. While at the tailors, she got a few more outfits made and then after they were done with that, they got some more shopping done and got lunch before heading back to the castle for dinner.

After she was done eating dinner, she saw that the knights were back but also noticed that they were in rough shape and also didn't see Lord Maelstrom with them. She was concerned when she saw the shape that they were in before they were rushed to the infirmary on the third floor, going up there to find out what had happened. She went up to that floor just as she heard one of the knights that had come back say to the staff that they had a run-in with a female Quadvern and had killed it before another one popped up that they also took care of and then Lord Maelstrom told them to come back as he cleaned up. Her eyes widened when she heard that a third one that was much larger than the other ones had popped up when they were on their way back and blocked them from escaping with flames. She was glad that they made it back mostly in one piece, but was concerned for the young Lord fighting it by himself. One part of her knew that he'd probably be fine, but there was still that other part that was concerned that he might get gravely injured all the same.

She let out a small sigh before she headed out of the infirmary and back to her room on the second floor, wanting to get a bit more research done on breaking the curse as well as to try to find the amulet his mom had made to get her mind off of her concern. She also wanted to watch for him from her window either from her room or in the study. When she got back there a few minutes or so later, she closed her door, and then went back over to the small table that was next to the fireplace to get the worn book back out and see if there was any other information written on the pages after the page with the sketched picture of Lord Maelstrom on it. After she got it out, she moved her chair next to the window and looked through the book while glancing out the window in-between flipping pages.

°-•~*~•-°

She had nodded off in her chair close to three in the morning, waking up when she heard voices coming from Lord Maelstrom's room. She put a piece of cloth in the book to mark where she was, went to put it back in the drawer of the small table but instead, put it in the decorative desk drawer in her study after moving the quill around to do so and then moved it around again to close it, closed the door to the study again, and then stood somewhat in her doorway to hear what was being said. She looked sad when she heard what was said, wishing she could go over there and make it better, but also wasn't sure what she could say to make it so. She yawned a bit before leaving the doorway and going back into her room, closing the door softly afterward. She got dressed in her nightgown after that and got into bed, falling back asleep soon after as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Edited by SkySong278

That night a nightmare came to her, twisting her fears and implanting rejection from Lord Maelstrom and his people throwing stones at her and driving her into beast country where she is swarmed by monsters who eat her piece by piece. Then darkness swallowed her, a pale light shown from somewhere in the darkness turning it to a deep grey. A whisper sounded like it was in her ear. ' A life for a life vow was made. To break it is a curse of itself. Look to what you lack, then seek me to gain it once more child....'

---

The morning came and the blind man was issuing quick orders of cool water, clean cloths, antibiotic and a broth soup brought to him. The young master had gotten a fever. When the items where brought to him the man took them inside and then handed a note to Donna from the Lord to give to Alivia. The note was an apology for not attending dinner last night or breakfast this morning. It also says he's giving her an allowance of a significant amount to gather materials and items needed for her shop today, and if she chooses not to accept the allowance, consider it payment for recharging the stones today, having ordered them to be gathered and brought to her.  Her items from home would arrive in a fortnight. She may choose a horse from the stables in the town to keep as her own as well so her second day would be busy. 

She tossed and turned a bit later that night when she ended up having a nightmare, wanting to wake up but it seemed like she couldn’t. Her fear of being rejected by Lord Maelstrom and his townspeople came to light in it as well as being eaten piece by piece by monsters as she was driven into their country afterward. Tears fell down her cheeks as she saw all of that then that sadness turned into curiosity when she heard the mysterious voice that came awhile later that seemed to whisper in her ear, telling her what seemed to be a riddle of some kind.

°-•~*~•-°

She woke up early the next morning, a bit after dawn or so with her cheeks now dry of the tears that had fallen down them hours before, but she wanted to fall back asleep afterward. She got up and dressed for the day just before Donna came with a note that looked to be from Lord Maelstrom as she recognized his handwriting from a previous note she had gotten from him. She read it with a small smile on her face because of a few reasons: one, she was happy to hear from him; two, she would have a bit of spending money to use on stuff to get for the shop; three, she would be able to choose a horse that would be hers and lastly, she’d be able to start on getting the witches stones in the cave tunnel replaced. After she read all of the note’s contents, she headed into town with Donna and to the stables to choose a horse. 

Edited by SkySong278

Donna lead her to the largest stable near the main gate where livestock was bought and sold. Inside there where horses of all kinds and colors some with names by them but most had just a number beside them. The stables consisted of two sets of stables back to back, ten in each row totalling to fourty horses housed in one barn. There where two barns for horses, and three more for cattle, sheep, goats and other livestock.  "What is your favorite type of horse? Stallion, glendling or mare?" Asked a man as the two walked over to him and Donna showed him the paperwork with the Maelstrom family crest, a Fox with goat front legs, and ram horns holding a sword in it's mouth.

Once the horse was chosen, and they acquired the proper tack, the horse was brought with them so it could get used to it's new master.  When they got to the jewelry store, the witches stones where carefully stacked and labeled in crates according to how much charging they needed. Documents where awaiting her signatures for the store and her chosen official name for the store sat neatly on a glass case. Soft deep blue fabric has been placed inside the glass cases, spots for rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings where also there. A small case was already full with pocket watches and bracelets for the men as well as a small tray set up for the display in the window. Another note lay by the documents from Quadir read: I will join you for dinner tonight. As my guest it's the least I can do. Word spreads fast in a town like this, although it's not small, the people are very close to one another. Things get done quickly as well, if it involves me that is. The watches, bracelets and the few pieces in the back safe for the women are various collections from beasts I've slane over the two year period I waited for a Bride. I kept them cleaned and polished for a dowry, but I believe this will help you get some stalk in order. I was notified by the temple today that the original contract was for one year, then he extended it without my say. Although it's now fulfilled, he did initially break the deadline. The paperwork is needed for the town hall records, just a simple change of ownership form to fill out. I am quite weak and may fall asleep at dinner however I'd love to hear how you are settling in and adjusting.  I am worried though. Mother's spirit hasn't left yet. She said something about a blue crystal necklace on a simple chain. I think it's in the jewelry box. She always had that one on. Maybe she'll like to see it on you? Although emeralds and Garnets would stand out more on you. I'm being told to rest now, see you at dinner Lady Alivia.

- Quadir Maelstrom

Alivia walked with Donna to the largest stable, eyes widening a bit when she saw how many horses were in there and all the colors that they were. She was only expecting there to be a small amount, but it seemed like there were about forty or so instead. She noticed that some had name plates and others just had numbers and she figured that they hadn't been named yet. When they approached a man that worked there and he asked her what he did, she told him mare while Donna gave him the signed paperwork from Lord Maelstrom.

She chose a blue roan mare that was named Storm before acquiring the tack for her and then brought her around with her so that they could get used to each other. She tied the reins to a fence outside the jewelry store when they got there, heading in to see that stacked and labeled boxes with witches stones in them were there along with information for how long each group needed to be charged for. Then she saw the documents that were there that she needed to sign, sighing a bit at how many there were before starting to sign each and every one of them afterward. After she got them signed, she stacked them neatly back onto the glass display’s surface where they had been before and then saw the piece of glass on there that was for the name of her store. She sighed a bit as she also had to think of a name for it before her attention went to being on the watch, ring, and bracelet holders that were inside the case on the velvet material that was in there. She saw the note last, reading it over and feeling a bit happy that Quadir would be joining her for dinner later that evening. When she got to the end of it and read the part about what gems would look best on her, she blushed a bit. She then folded it up and put it in one of her pants pockets before picking up one of the crates of witches stones, and then heading over to the cave tunnel afterward to start getting the old ones replaced after telling Donna where she was going.

Edited by SkySong278

Donna accompanied her with a ladder and a stool so she can sit to charge them. The maid watched in fascination at how the stones where charged up and screwed into place on the ceiling of the tunnel, that already started to appear brighter revealing pictures on the wall that had failed over time of the Maelstrom men and their most daring of feats. 

Donna went and got a picnic basket for lunch as they neared the entrance to the tunnel near the ravine.  "My Lady may I speak freely?" Donna asked softly. When given a response she asked a second question. "You are married to the Lord on paper, but do you ever think you'll choose to be with him as a wife?"

Alivia smiled in thanks to the maid as she brought a ladder and a stool before letting some of the stones charge before replacing the older ones in their places in the ceiling. After replacing a few more, she noticed that it looked much brighter already and she hoped that it would make Quadir happy to see the cave tunnel much brighter. She too looked at the pictures that were on the wall, not being able to do that days earlier when she was first brought to the castle and she had also first gone through the cave tunnel.

She replaced a few more that were starting to get dull just before Donna came back with a picnic basket for them to have lunch. "Yes of course," she said in reply after she replaced another one when they neared the other entrance of the tunnel that was close to the ravine. She blushed a bit when she heard the second question and said in reply while getting off of the ladder to get another stone, “Yes I think that's a possibility. I've already started to have some feelings for him, but I'd also like to get to know him a bit more.”

Edited by SkySong278

Donna looks down at her feet. "Oh.  Lord Maelstrom is very kind. I was sold in and out of slavery in the badlands to monsters until he saved me. But... I know a maid like me will not make a good Lady of Maelstrom. He spared the monster family I was with, they were kind, at least in a way... I was fed and warm, treated kindly too. They where Anuki- the dog like people of the  far south west desert region near my contrary. They don't have opposable thumbs and needed a lot of help but very loyal to their families." She fiddled with her braid with a blush before handing her lunch to her. "I may not have been here long, but I know what he likes a bit. Perhaps I can help you." She said hopefully. 

---

Once they where finished with the tunnel and headed back to the castle, they found Lord Maelstrom up, dressed in a loose white tunic and loose brown pants, with his arms and chest wrapped up in bandages, a ankle in a cast and leaning heavily on a crutch.  He was speaking to Merry about the disposal of the quadverns' bodies when he tilted his head at their entrance looking over. 

He straightened, and hobbled over to them. "Miss. Beckett! Is the store to your liking? What kind of horse did you choose? The trade route crosses through the pass under my protection so we can get first pick from the horses in appreciation and they help our economy too. " He said gleefully taking her hand and bowing down again like he did before, letting the nose of the mask touch her hand in a 'kiss' when he wobbled dangerously only to be caught by Flo who followed him over just in case. 

This didn't phase him at all, going into another question despite nearly toppling over a second ago. "Tell me what are your favorite meals so I can tell Rose about them. I'd love to try something new but I never know what and I don't care if it's a simple meal. Oh and we'll be eating in the small dinning room tonight. Did you have fun exploring yesterday?" He said following her as she walked ( if she was) and sounding more like a child who met a new friend than the Lord he was. 

"Is something wrong? That he is. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I was almost put in an encampment with other witches where I also would have been a slave or worse or burned at the stake if it hadn't been for Lord Maelstrom telling Mayor Evans via messenger that he was overdue getting him a bride. I was given the option to stay with him instead as a third option so I chose that and I'm glad to be here. Oh, I've never heard of those kinds of monsters before or been to that region. I'm glad he saved you and that monster family was kind to you," Alivia asked when she noticed the maid look down at her feet before saying all that she did in reply to what the former had said before she was given her lunch which she accepted with a nod of gratitude. "Oh, that would be very helpful. I'd like that a lot, thank you."

°-•~*~•-°

When the tunnel was finished and their lunch was also gone she headed back to the castle with Donna, stopping by the store again to locate the blue crystal necklace Lord Maelstrom had mentioned in his note to her before leading Storm back to the stable where the latter kept his. Then when they got inside, she saw that he was awake and dressed in a loose white tunic, loose brown pants, and bandages wrapped around his arms and chest while his ankle was in a cast. It also looked like he was leaning heavily on a crutch while talking to Merry. She then smiled a bit at him when she noticed him look over at her and Donna.

"Hi Lord Maelstrom and yes, it is. I chose a blue roan mare named Storm. Oh that's very neat and I'm glad you got so many horses in so that I had a lot to choose from," she said in reply to his questions and statement before blushing a little when he took her hand and bowed over it like he had done at their first meeting and having the nose of the mask touch the back of it as a sort of 'kiss'. She then got a bit concerned when she watched him wobble dangerously and then be caught by Flo who had followed after him.

She was then a bit surprised as the topple he almost did, didn't seem to phase him at all and she heard his other statements and question he said and asked afterward.  "Well I like pasta and meat such as hamburger, steak, and pork. Okay and yes I did," she said in reply to them as she walked beside him towards the small dining room. The concern she felt earlier for him nearly toppling over grew a bit as he sounded a bit more like a child than a Lord, leaning over a bit and softly asking Flo if he was okay for he didn't sound like himself to her.

Edited by SkySong278

Flo whispered back that it could be he hit his head or had lost a bit too much blood since he only acted like that with the kitchen cats or some other small animals he fawned over at times.

"Oh? How lovely! Now Lilith can have a friend in the stable. Everyone else has stallions or glendlings. " He responded to her answer about the kind of horse she picked. He tilted his head in thought. "Pasta huh? We have a lot of meat here, it keeps the best in the cold mountains. Tonight we're going to have my favorite,  lamb stew with a shepherd pie made of carrots, beef chunks, bits of pork, peas and a rich gravy. I hope you enjoy it too. " He said as he opened the door for her and struggled to get out her chair, managing it then plopped down across from her. He readjusted his gloves and fixed the flap on his mask so he can eat as they brought out the dishes he mentioned. He ate slowly. "How was your day today? Did you do anything interesting? Chose a name for your shop yet?" He asked trying to keep awake as the warm food made him sleepy again. 

Alivia frowned a bit more in concern when she heard what Flo whispered back, saying in reply that it could possibly be both of those things before she had her attention be on everything else that Lord Maelstrom said afterward.

"Mhm and that's interesting. I'm glad Lilith can have a friend then," she said in reply with a smile. "Yep and oh, that's good. Do you happen to have hamburger meat? I like hamburgers as well. Sounds very delicious and I can't wait to have them. I'm getting a bit more hungry just thinking about our meal for tonight," she said just as they got to the small dining room. She nodded in thanks to him opening the door for her and then did it again when he pulled her chair out for her. She sat down in it just before their meal that he said they would be having came and was set down in front of them on the table. Her stomach growled a bit before she started to eat the delicious smelling stew. "It was good and I think the most interesting things I did were choosing a horse and getting most of the witches stones that were no longer working in the cave tunnel replaced as well as getting to know Donna a bit more. No not yet but I'll keep thinking of one and then let you know what I decide on," she said in reply to his questions after she had swallowed a few bites of the stew and noticing that he looked a bit sleepy.

Edited by SkySong278

"You replaced them already? Now I can get a painter to restore the artwork in the tunnel. Thank you for doing that for me. The people also use that tunnel because it's faster and less dangerous then the winding canyon but they stopped using it when the lights started to dim. Wargs prefer dark tunnels and the people don't have my eyesight or senses to keep them safe so I recommended they use the canyon. Perhaps I could help you brainstorm names? Like Quadverns treasury, Gem of the South, um.... Beckett's Bucket?" He said in a questioning tone. Flo snorted and he looked over at her, neck turning pink. "I'm not good with names okay! I had a rabbit I named Philop because I got him from a man named Phil and he was a lop rabbit. " He said shifting in his seat embarrassed and ate more stew saying the last remark to Alivia. 

"It was rather cute. Philop had a friend named pea who was a chicken. Ergo Chickpea." Flo said with a chuckle as the Lord dropped his spoon in the stew and groans. "I was five! Humans all had good names already and my only friends where animals so I got creative so I don't confuse my parents when I talk about my friends. " He said shyly. "Is this how you treat your Lord Flo?" He added in a more formal and forceful tone as she was still laughing. "Only if he acts like a fool Infront of a guest yes. Seems like you got your head cleared up already. Now if you excuse me I have to check on the injured knights. " She said and bowed with respect before leaving them alone. 

Quadir sat in silence after that, slowly eating his stew with bites of his small pie in between several scoops of stew. He cleared his throat. "Ah... S-sorry about earlier. My brain was still feverish from this morning... Is there anything you want to talk about or know about this place?" He asked quietly chasing a chunk of meat around his bowl. "I've never had hamburgers before. The meat we cook in calzones and use in sauces but I have never heard of that kind of thing before. Sounds like you can tell Rose about it then have it be a surprise dinner one night? " He suggested. 

He asked her a few more questions about what she did the privius day as well. He stopped eating, although his plate wasn't empty, just simply not having enough energy to eat more.  "I'm glad you are settling in nicely. It's only the third night here but you already seem comfortable. I'll be working on my duties tomorrow, so you can explore the library freely. My blood on the deity's feet means that I don't have to hunt for six months. " He said as his head started to bounce like he was trying so hard to stay away. "That means it'll be winter when I have to go look for monsters on the borders again. "

"Mhm and it's so much brighter in there now. Alright and you're quite welcome. Oh. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of those creatures before. I’ve also been gifted with extraordinary eyesight, especially in the dark. I’m glad I was able to get them replaced so that maybe those creatures won’t be able to stay in the tunnel. I’d appreciate that, thank you. Hmm out of those options you said, I think I like ‘Quadvern’s Treasury’ best. I do like those other ones but I thought that one was the best one,” she said in reply before giggling a bit when Flo snorted and Lord Maelstrom looked a bit embarrassed. “I think that’s a cute name,” she said after getting herself under control again and then having her attention going back to being on her stew afterward.

“Aw that’s very cute,” she said in reply before emitting another giggle that she hid behind her hand when she heard everything he said to Flo while being embarrassed about his animal friend’s names. She nodded in reply to what the latter said about her needing to go check on the knights and bowed her own head back in response before she left. Then she had her attention go to being on her food once again afterward during the silence that followed for a bit.

She had eaten a few more bites of her stew during that time until it was all gone and then she started eating the shepherds pie afterward before hearing everything else he said to break the silence. “It’s okay and that’s understandable. Um I don’t think so. Nothing else comes to mind at the moment. If something does come to mind that I want to ask about more of, I’ll make sure to ask you about it. Oh and sure I can,” she said in reply after swallowing the bites of pie that she had been chewing earlier in-between taking sips of her drink.

She answered the other questions he had regarding everything that she had done the day before while continuing to eat the pie until it was gone. She was taking a few sips of her drink when she heard the rest of what he said while also noticing that he was fighting the urge to fall asleep. “I am as well. I quite like it here as everyone is so nice. Okay and oh, alright. I haven’t had a chance to ask permission to enter it yet since I’ve been acquainting myself with the place to get more used to it as well as to get to know the people a bit more, get a horse, get the store set up, and replace the witches stones in the tunnel. Oh. Would it be okay if I went with you when you do that? I would be a good help or if you would rather continue to do it on your own, never mind. This might also be a bit too informal and a bit awkward, but would it be okay if I started to call you by your first name? You can also do the same to me if you’d like to,” she said and asked in reply to the rest of what he said. “You should also get going to bed so that you can rest and get better.”

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir nodded to her second question. "We are.. married on paper at least miss... Ahem- Alivia. I suppose a husband wouldn't call his wife by her maiden name. Let's get you trained before you join me on the next hunt. Six months should be enough time. I can teach you myself. " He then nodded to her second statement, styfling a yawn as he fixed his mask. " I should. " He said taking his crutch, and tried to push himself up out of the chair but he wobbled and fell back in. 

He sighed and tried again, then a third time. He growled in defeat and huffed like a angry cat. "I'd hate to ask this of you, but can you help me up and up the stairs?" 

“Okay and no, he wouldn’t unless he wants to. Okay and I’d like that. I know how to fight with a dagger, but I’d like to learn how to fight with other weapons along with getting better with a dagger.” She nodded when she heard what he said in agreement after stifling a yawn and before she saw him grab his crutch and try to get up out of his chair.

She stifled a giggle behind her hand when she heard him huff like a frustrated cat, thinking it was kind of cute after watching the few failed attempts he did while trying to get up. “Yes of course,” she said after getting herself under control before getting up and going over to him to help him up as he requested. Once she helped him out of his chair, she walked with him to help him up the stairs and to his room afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir tried to keep most of his weight off of her, his body trembling under the strain and abuse it was taking by the stubborn man he was. 

His bedroom was a near mirror image of hers, only  his was black and silver furniture, no jewelery box on the dresser and no mirror on the armour just a head manikin to hold his mask. The deep purple curtains where heavy and let in little light. The fire and the witches stones placed around the room gave the only light. The carpet was a dark red like red wine and his sword rested against a bedside table Incase he was called to arms at night, and a long dagger lay on the table along with a journal and a enchanted quill that provides it's own ink. 

He sat down on the bed with a sigh before laying down dropping his crutch and slipping off his slippers but keeping his mask on. "Thank you. I'm okay now. Rest well and dream sweet things " he said with another yawn. "Hopefully you haven't been getting the nightmares like I have lately. I need to find the monster who is behind them so my people can rest easily for once." He grumbled.  He yawned and paused for a moment. "You should wear lilac and amethyst when you debut as my wife. It would leave the nobility scratching their heads on how a monstrous Lord like me managed to find a gorgeous woman who was willing to put up with me. " He said voice going sluggish. "They put sleeping medicine in my soup.... Sly devils...." He said softly and started to snore softly. 

Alivia noticed that he was trying to go easy on her with not putting as much weight on her, along with his body trembling slightly but didn’t mention that she noticed.

When they arrived at his room and inside it, she noticed that most of it mirrored the one she was staying in except for a few differences such as the head mannequin, there not being jewelry on the dresser, and no mirror on the armoire. She also noticed the sword and long dagger in the places that they were in, wondering if those were in case he needed them at night and not thinking that they were in case he was called to arms during the night.

When he sat down on the edge of the bed and said what he did, she nodded in response to his thanks and then listened to everything else that he said afterward. “I’ll try. I had one last night and it scared me. I’ll tell you about it tomorrow. Hopefully I won’t have any tonight, but we’ll see. Do you know what kind of monster it is? Oh, okay I’ll do that and I guess we should surprise them then,” she said in reply while not noticing that he was starting to nod off some. She hid a small smile and giggle behind her hand at what he said last and then softly walked out when he started to snore a bit. She closed the door behind her, heading to her own room afterward. After she got ready for bed and unmade it, she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow like she had done the night before.

Edited by SkySong278