TJ09

2021-07-25 - July Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, Tini said:

There's two, an unoffical and an official, both are posted on here.

Ah, I only know about the official one ! 😮

For anyone wondering, here is the link to the forum post about the Official Discord:

Nice, got 6 eggs each now 

Can't wait to see the adults, especially the one with S2 dimorphism

Edited by caya

12 hours ago, Neforium said:

These ones make me wish we could freeze eggs ❤️ so pretty 

Same here.

Really pretty eggs. ❤️

I just went to one of the hatcheries, and seeing the purple "knew you were coming" eggs everywhere was so surreal. There are many Dragon Requests that I've been excited about or hoped would make it to the cave over the years, but I now see, by my reaction, that this is the DR I've been waiting on more than any other. It's one of the ones I'd constantly remember on my own even after it left DRs and I couldn't see it anymore. I hope I'm not hyping it too much for players who happen to have different taste than me, but I just want to share how excited I am to finally be able to collect these. I honestly can't believe they're actually on my scroll!

I'm also really glad that there's another Two-Headed! All the limited breeds being released lately has been a fun time :) I'm excited to see them grow up, too!

15 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Yup. My first in-cave artwork! Not my first concept though.

It's @irrelevantindigo's first artwork and concept though!

Congrats to you both for the release! 😁

On 7/25/2021 at 5:53 PM, Shokomon said:

*sees eggs*

*SCREAMS* *SCREAMS*

My artwork is in the CAVE!

Holy cow, I'm a cave artist now.

holy s***

Thank you!

I still don't believe it. 

Even if I knew it was coming.

Now, to actually get all the new eggs.

Also, new two-heads! Yay!

Edit: Also congrats, @irrelevantindigo!! You made it to the cave! 

Wooo congrats!

*posted eggs in 3 hatcheries yesterday*

*all eggs have over 3000 views and are now sick*

I think I got view-bombed.

Either that or a lot more people are in the hatcheries now.

Good thing I put in my eggs a day after I get them or they would be very dead.

21 hours ago, Sumoka said:

I'm really happy to see you two in cave, always loved lurking your works.

@Shokomon @irrelevantindigo

And thank you for your shading! You always do lovely work!

20 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Congrats to @Shokomon and @irrelevantindigo :)

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What purple said !  f0GfBLujaJxyBbAHKlxY.gif

5 hours ago, Spicedpunch said:

Congrats to you both for the release! 😁

4 hours ago, Leidarendi said:

Wooo congrats!

Thank you!

Edited by Shokomon

I love watching the hatcheries during a new release, especially when the first batches start getting ER-timed it's just like a sea of new release eggs! So pretty. 

@Silverwatermist Honestly same! SO excited to finally have these on my scroll! (Although now the issue becomes trying to balance my need to hoard these beauties with my other already-in-progress goals...)

Edited by HeatherMarie

Congrats to Shokomon and irrelevantindigo for making it in-cave! Beautiful dergs once again, I'm happy to scoop them up. Purple babies~!

On 7/25/2021 at 10:39 PM, wonderwanders2 said:

I wish there was an alert or something when these happen... like a mass-email perhaps? Or at least an option for such an alert. I don't check forums that often nor do I check my dragcave daily.

Wanted to tack onto the conversation about email alert and the discord server -- I don't touch my email often, but if you're in the discord, you can set up your notifications so that you get an alert for any new post in the announcements channel (so, releases and any other site changes). It's been very helpful. If I happen to be around, sometimes I can be in the biomes and catching eggs within a couple minutes... fill up your scroll and be gone before anyone else even knows what's happened!

There's an option to "follow" the discord's announcements channel, too. If you have your own server, you can set it up so that these announcements get sent to their own channel, and then you can enable notifications for that channel in the same way as before. However, it's sort of redundant if you're already in the main server, and for some reason I haven't had any luck getting the announcements to go through when I leave the dc discord. They get sent fine when I'm in it, though. This is some weird behavior since I've gotten "follow" announcements to still go through for different servers that I've left... I'm guessing it must have something to do with dcbot's permissions?

If anyone has gotten this to work for them, let me know! I like the dc discord, but most of the time I have everything muted except for the announcements, and I'd like to be able to come and go without disrupting the notifications on my own server.

The splashes of purple on each sprite have me thoroughly excited to see the adults tomorrow. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Fawkesian said:

Wanted to tack onto the conversation about email alert and the discord server -- I don't touch my email often, but if you're in the discord, you can set up your notifications so that you get an alert for any new post in the announcements channel (so, releases and any other site changes). It's been very helpful. If I happen to be around, sometimes I can be in the biomes and catching eggs within a couple minutes... fill up your scroll and be gone before anyone else even knows what's happened!

There's an option to "follow" the discord's announcements channel, too. If you have your own server, you can set it up so that these announcements get sent to their own channel, and then you can enable notifications for that channel in the same way as before. However, it's sort of redundant if you're already in the main server, and for some reason I haven't had any luck getting the announcements to go through when I leave the dc discord. They get sent fine when I'm in it, though. This is some weird behavior since I've gotten "follow" announcements to still go through for different servers that I've left... I'm guessing it must have something to do with dcbot's permissions?

If anyone has gotten this to work for them, let me know! I like the dc discord, but most of the time I have everything muted except for the announcements, and I'd like to be able to come and go without disrupting the notifications on my own server.

The channel's only visable when you have the right roles, and denied to @ everyone I'm guessing that's the difference. You can just shove it in a folder full of servers you ignore instead of leaving.

Okay, finally at 4 of each new egg (influenced into pairs)

I can rest easy. Congratulations to the spriters and thank you for these wiggly babies

2 hours ago, Arcy said:

blessed.png.9d8a7df3a133f8af9d51303b26c83943.png

Lol thank you for this, it made me laugh.

13 hours ago, Shokomon said:

*posted eggs in 3 hatcheries yesterday*

*all eggs have over 3000 views and are now sick*

I think I got view-bombed.

Either that or a lot more people are in the hatcheries now.

Good thing I put in my eggs a day after I get them or they would be very dead.

And thank you for your shading! You always do lovely work!

Thank you!

All of my eggs are sick as well over 10.333 views..they,ve been sick for last 2 days..currently fogged 2 days also..1 died..had to re-catch..am not happy as they could all still die if I unfog them..this viewbombing needs to stop..😡  Apart from that they are beautiful eggs & will be just as gorgeous dragons..Ty for the beautful egg design I love it!!:wub:

Edited by rachii.xo

Are people sure it's bombing ? Too many players put new eggs in hatcheries at once, which is bad for their little health...

You only need one hatchery for non-incubated non-stubborn eggs, or two if it's either of those. Putting fresh stuff (even 6d) in three is overkill, imo.

Will the "knowing" dragon have 100% chance to evade kill attempts? :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

You only need one hatchery for non-incubated non-stubborn eggs, or two if it's either of those. Putting fresh stuff (even 6d) in three is overkill, imo.

I generally try to use Greg Kennedy's EDS when putting newborns into a hatchery, since they don't tend to get much of an influx of views there.

As for percentage, I doubt it's going to be that much? At best a 25 or less chance. 100% is kind of unrealistic.

I used only Valleys with my eggs at 4d23 (incubated) and during the 24 hours they needed to hatch, they accumulated around 3k views each. This is way more than my eggs usually get there, even with new releases.

43 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I would never put fresh stuff in anywhere.

43 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

THAT's funny ! Maybe, though - MAYBE... ?

23 minutes ago, requiesticat said:

I generally try to use Greg Kennedy's EDS when putting newborns into a hatchery, since they don't tend to get much of an influx of views there.

Why put a newborn in at all ? Dangerous stuff. I don't use EDS much any more as it has a nasty habit of falling over and then you can't take things out...

Yeah I don't put stuff in hatcheries until at least six hours have passed (usually closer to a day or two, if I'm not actively driving up views for a yellow sapphire). It's too fiddly otherwise.

Newborn eggs are perfectly safe in Daily Dragon Fix, even during a release. I put all of my newborns there to give them some views and clicks while waiting 24 hrs to put them in AoNDs.