TJ09

2021-07-25 - July Dragon Release

~ It seems to enjoy watching you~

*Complete the lyrics!*

"Who's watching?

Tell me, who's watching?
Who's watching me?"

WB

Eep! I forgot to check until just now even though I'd checked on Friday night. Thankfully I've already gotten 3 "knew you were coming" eggies. Hopefully the other one won't be difficult. 

Nice to get some new wyrms.

Edited by requiesticat

Okay, I think I remember now! It probably helps that

Hide contents

I was watching the matrix at the same time. :)

Edited by Niyaka

wow, love the "winding pattern" breed so far! still slowly filling out my collection from the birthday release - that huge flood of new mechanics had me overwhelmed for a bit, but luckily we've had smaller releases since then.

fortunately the drops seemed to have calmed down this afternoon... the NRs were behaving almost like rares last night with those lightning-fast drops, they had me worried! but now it looks like it shouldn't be too difficult to collect more once this first round hatches.

I thought the drops lasted 24hours? I tried so hard to get some last night, then went to bed because I knew I'd have another chance when I woke up.and they are gone? :(

13 minutes ago, elixabeth said:

I thought the drops lasted 24hours? I tried so hard to get some last night, then went to bed because I knew I'd have another chance when I woke up.and they are gone? :(

Afaik drops are always based on rarity - the more common a breed is, the more likely it is to drop steadily for a long time. Once the ratios reach a certain point then the other breeds will start mixing in more. There'll probably be more there on the hour. 

I knew they were coming, in the middle of the night, so I accepted the dream, and went back to sleep.

Go figure.

Thanks for a nice quiet release TJ. And thanks to the spriters too!

*sees eggs*

*SCREAMS* *SCREAMS*

My artwork is in the CAVE!

Holy cow, I'm a cave artist now.

holy s***

9 hours ago, Paradisiske said:

Congrats @Shokomon for becoming an in cave artist! I always see you around on the forums and now you have taken the next step up!

Congrats as well to tca and the others for a successful dragon release!

Thank you!

I still don't believe it. 

Even if I knew it was coming.

Now, to actually get all the new eggs.

Also, new two-heads! Yay!

Edit: Also congrats, @irrelevantindigo!! You made it to the cave! 

Edited by Shokomon

33 minutes ago, elixabeth said:

The last few releases, the old eggs started mixing in at 4 p.m. cave time. Try refreshing at the top of the hour and at the 5 minute intervals.

1 hour ago, elixabeth said:

Drops don't usually last anywhere near that long, sorry. They used to, sometimes, but that was years ago. Generally olds start mixing in between 10-15 hours after the start, and actually that's been an increase lately because there was a time when I'd go to bed not an hour into the release and wake up 8 hours later to olds already mixed. 

CONGRATS @Shokomon!! So awesome to finally see you in-cave!! 

The s2 two-heads are so freaking awesome I literally bounced in my chair when I saw them, lol. The colors!! Really hoping they keep this coloring on the adults because I don't think we have any other breed like it. 

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The colors!! Really hoping they keep this coloring on the adults because I don't think we have any other breed like it. 

Hmmm, don’t the Duotones have sort of similar colors, with their gold and purple tones?

Just going by hatchies though, since we don’t know what the adults will look like yet.

I was able to grab both new releases about 12 hours ago. When I saw the empty cave I knew something was up....

This is the first "new release" I've caught in awhile! Yay! 

I wish there was an alert or something when these happen... like a mass-email perhaps? Or at least an option for such an alert. I don't check forums that often nor do I check my dragcave daily.

5 minutes ago, wonderwanders2 said:

I wish there was an alert or something when these happen... like a mass-email perhaps? Or at least an option for such an alert. I don't check forums that often nor do I check my dragcave daily.

I've seen somewhere here that there's sort of timetable: most months release is on last Sunday of the month, at 4 AM UTC. I think the only exceptions are October, December, February (holidays), May (the site birthday) and maybe adjacent months.

...quite a lot of exceptions :D

Wow, mega congrats to you two new in cave spriters! That must be beyond exciting! ❤️ 

i remember those purple wyrms! congrats irrelevantindigo and Shokomon, this is both of your first in-cave dragon right? awesome!!

1 hour ago, wonderwanders2 said:

I was able to grab both new releases about 12 hours ago. When I saw the empty cave I knew something was up....

This is the first "new release" I've caught in awhile! Yay! 

Just for information's sake, we *did* used to get notice ahead of time of new releases (back when they weren't as regular and predictable as they are now). That was stopped for multiple reasons, not really sure what if anything was said back then about it but I do remember not all that long ago TJ mentioned that it didn't really benefit the site traffic-wise. 

Nowadays, unless it's a holiday month (or in-between holidays like Nov/Jan) new releases are fairly consistently on the weekend towards the end of the month, either the last weekend of the month or second-to-last.

The only negative thing I have to say about the twin-head is that I'm sad I can't breed it with Arcana's. 

Regarding everything else? 

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I absolutely love them!!!!!! Both are amazing and I love the frilly ones especially. I cannot wait to see these babies grow up! You've outdone yourselves yet again spriters!!! And they're purply! Squee!! 💜