TJ09

2021-07-25 - July Dragon Release

I very much love these noodles! Especially the two headed one! Guess I've found another dragon to hoard~

Both of these dragons.... I just..... they're so....... *goes to hoard an army of them so massive even the great eye of Salron would need a double take*

I loved the hatchlings and was hoping for something awesome and majestic, but THIS!!!  They've easily jumped to among my top fav dragons on here, and those Temple treasures are now my favorite twin-heads. The colors and the cobra vibes of them reminds me of an old animated Chipmunk movie where Alvin, his bros, and the Chipettes were on this race around the world, and the girls ended up needing to escape from a desert palace by charming some cobras under a pink stage light.

Latest Chipettes GIFs | Gfycat

The Temple Wyrms are definetely a new favorite of mine. I usually only collect a CB male and female adult as well as a CB male and female S2 hatchie plus one CB S1 hatchie of each species and colour, but for those... They might become the second dragon I'll hoard, so far only CB Blusangs were granted that honour lol. 🤭

But for the Oracle Wyrm... I don't know, I don't really get everyone's hype for these... I looked at them and was like: "Huh. 😐" They're fine, but a little too plain for my taste I guess. Also the colours are too garish, the female's pose is a little boring and the male reminds me of the Chrono Xenowyrms... Or was it the Thalassa? I can't remember too well.

But oh well, art is subjective, so I'm happy for everyone who likes them.

Regarding the zombie aspect. I'm old and slow, what am I missing - Don't we have a two-headed one with the Lindwyrm?

That's a LINDWYRM, not a wyrm....

40 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's a LINDWYRM, not a wyrm....

Okay, thanks. Damn - back to collecting zombie fodder again...

1 hour ago, Mukouno said:

The Temple Wyrms are definetely a new favorite of mine. I usually only collect a CB male and female adult as well as a CB male and female S2 hatchie plus one CB S1 hatchie of each species and colour, but for those... They might become the second dragon I'll hoard, so far only CB Blusangs were granted that honour lol. 🤭

But for the Oracle Wyrm... I don't know, I don't really get everyone's hype for these... I looked at them and was like: "Huh. 😐" They're fine, but a little too plain for my taste I guess. Also the colours are too garish, the female's pose is a little boring and the male reminds me of the Chrono Xenowyrms... Or was it the Thalassa? I can't remember too well.

I kind of feel like the hype generated by people that knew them, made those that didn't know them expect them to be a show-stopper. So those that were excited for them were elated but everyone else was let down by the impossible pedestal they got shoved up on. Plus as a purple wyrm they had the staterae to contend with.

I spent some time with mockups and came to like oracles a lot more, but temples are still my beloved. More oracles for those that love them, win-win.

I knew nothing of them, and they're showstoppers for me. Just saying. Purple wyrms are great - and the stats are so hard to get that they don't really count - yeah - I LOVE these.

The wyrms have one of my favorite color combinations ever. Love it. 

Edited by Charu

4 hours ago, Mukouno said:

I love the Oracles, but agree their colors are kind of wild, so I can totally see how that isn't everyone's thing. I usually don't love bright, contrasting colors, but for some reason on this particular dragon, it works for me. It might be because the poses are kind of "plain"? Like there's less going on with the poses, so there's room for saturated colors or an interesting quirk of some type, without it all clashing (for me). But regardless, I'm actually a big fan of "plain" poses where the dragon's stance is kind of basic, so that I can easily and clearly see the head, the eyes, and the legs/tail. All of my favorite dragons have "plain" poses like that where everything is highly visible at first glance, so for me, it's a selling point actually 😅 I'm glad you liked the Temple Wyrms so much though! They're a new favorite of mine, too!

Sorry if some people felt we hyped them up and it made them fall flat for you. That's a bummer. But once I saw the adults again, I still agreed with everything I said in this thread. For me, they really are just showstoppers.

If hype bothers people - the smart hing to do is stay away from new release threads. where the hype ALWAYS happens !

I absolutely adore both of the new releases! The Omen’s color combination is actually made of my favorite colors so I adore them.

I love how both turned out regardless and I can see myself hoarding them into an army in the near-future. I was definitely blown out of the water with this release!

Both of these adults are gorgeous! Though I like the Temple better than the Oracle.

On that note, I wish we could breed two-heads with regulars. Temples would look awesome with Glystere or Stratos.

I'm quite happy that these were relatively easy to come by. Got my 10 CBs already. :)

Thanks TJ and all the spriters and collaborative folk who brought these dragons to life!

I am surprised that I was able to grab 8 eggs this time around...

Thank you, TJ and Spriters!!!😊

3 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Both of these adults are gorgeous! Though I like the Temple better than the Oracle.

On that note, I wish we could breed two-heads with regulars. Temples would look awesome with Glystere or Stratos.

Ooohhhh Temples and Stratos! That would look awesome... Dang. 

Just my 2cents, but regarding 'hype', personally there have been times when I've hyped *myself* up because I remembered a release from DR but was ultimately disappointed with the adults. Memory is a fickle thing and it's easy to remember things differently or better than they actually are (and especially if my memory of the breed is based on something that may not have been their final sprite). Oracles did not disappoint for me though, just exactly as I remembered them and so very pretty. I think to me it's kind of wyrm + colors, like I'm not sure I'd like it as much if it wasn't a wyrm or if it was a wyrm but different colors. Just something about the combination of the two makes them very pretty to me. 

I have 2 Temples and 3 Oracles so far (after trading a few on a trade I couldn't pass up), I'm really really hoping the Oracles breed well because I need a lot of messies from them, lol. I'll probably end up collecting some Temples to freeze eventually, I really really like the s1 hatchie.

10 hours ago, Tini said:

Plus as a purple wyrm they had the staterae to contend with.

Funny you should say that, I was thinking how amazing they'd look together. ❤️

I like the art on both, but I'm also glad we got two breeds with a lot of story potential.

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Just saying. Purple wyrms are great - and the stats are so hard to get that they don't really count

I agree with this! Stats are so rare that it’s not possible to plan anything with them so they don’t count for me as well. Gotta think of some other lineage ideas for these lovely beauties.