250 book challenge 2021-2022

6 minutes ago, Little-Star said:

Congrats for book 100 :D

Thank you! :)

Book Number: 48

Number Of Pages: 339

Book Title: Les 5 derniers Dragons: La Terre des elfes

Author: Danielle Dumais

Summary: Andrick and his friends continue their journey that takes them to the land of the elves where they find the second dragon. 

Book Number: 69

Number Of Pages: 352

Book Title: The Beast Is an Animal

Author: Peternelle van Arsdale

Rating: 4/5

Book Number: 70

Number Of Pages: 292

Book Title: Where I Lost Her

Author: T Greenwood

Rating: 3/5

Book Number: 71

Number Of Pages: 406

Book Title: 13 Minutes

Author: Sarah Pinborough

Rating: 3/5

Book Number: 72

Number Of Pages: 335

Book Title: Need

Author: Joelle Charbonneau

Book Number: 73

Number Of Pages: 368

Book Title: The Hawthorne Legacy

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Rating: 5/5

Book Number: 101

Number Of Pages: 202

Book Title: The Boy Who Dares: A Novel Based on the True Story of a Hitler Youth

Author: Susan Campbell Bartoletti

Summary: At first Helmulth supports the ideas of the new leader of Germany, but as the days pass, he's not so certain.

Book Number: 102

Number Of Pages: 321

Book Title: 13 Little Blue Envelopes

Author: Maureen Johnson

Summary: After her aunt dies, Ginny receives thirteen blue envelopes, and finds herself on an adventure.

Book Number: 49

Number Of Pages: 272

Book Title: The Chronicles of Narnia : The Silver Chair

Author: C.S. Lewis

Summary: This time, it's Esteuce and Jill that goes to Narnia. King Caspian is now an old man and his only son and heir has been kidnapped years ago. The children has the mission to find him and bring the prince back to his father. 

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 74

Number Of Pages: 375

Book Title: Daughter of Deep Silence

Author:  Carrie Ryan

Book Number: 75

Number Of Pages: 400

Book Title: Dangerous Lies

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Book Number: 76

Book Title: And the Trees Crept In

Author: Dawn Kurtagich

Book Number: 77

Number Of Pages: 337

Book Title: Gilt Hollow

Author: Lorie Langdon

Book Number: 50

Number Of Pages: 256

Book Title: The Chronicles of Narnia : The Horse and his Boy

Summary: Shasta ran away from his home when the man he lives with deceided to sale him as a slave. He meet the horse Bree who help him to reach Narnia.

Book Number: 26

Number Of Pages: 320

Book Title: Fox and Sparrow

Author: Ginger Breo

Summary: This Japanese fairy tale is in post-apocalyptic Japan where yokai rule the world. Humans cower under yokai rule, but the young teenager Suzume vows to stand up and fight after they kidnap her grandfather. With the help of a mischievous kitsune, they work together to try to not only rescue her grandfather but restore order to Japan. 

I found this highly respectful of Japanese culture and a good primer on Japanese folklore, so I highly recommend this one.

Book Number: 33*

Number Of Pages: 720

Book Title: The Three Musketeers

Author: Alexandre Dumas

Summary: Athos, Porthos, Aramis and d'Artganan go on adventures in 1620s France
(my note: #25 for 2022)

Book Number: 78

Number Of Pages: 338

Book Title: Good Me, Bad Me

Author: Ali Land

Book Number: 79

Number Of Pages: 406

Book Title: The Chaos of Standing Still

Author: Jessica Brody

Book Number: 80

Number Of Pages: 380

Book Title: Pretty Baby

Author: Mary Kubica

Book Number: 81

Number Of Pages: 384

Book Title:  Daughter of the Burning City

Author:  Amanda Foody

Book Number: 82

Book Title: This Darkness Mine

Author:  Mindy McGinnis

Oh! I forgot to ask yesterday. I love reading manga, and I use the app Viz to do so. Could I, if I could find an accurate page count, use that for one of my books? I've finished like 5 series last year and this year. lol. I love them, and there's a ton of volumes... That's my only problem. So yeah, just thought I'd ask! ^^

@AsymDoll13~

from page 1:

Manga is only accepted if it's 500 pages or more. 

if you'll notice my book number count has an asterisk next to it, it's because i've lumped all 13 Sandman individual volumes that i read (as 13 separate books) into one huge entry (Number Of Pages: 2749 (approx.) // Book Title: Sandman, the Complete Works)

so, yeah.

8 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh! I forgot to ask yesterday. I love reading manga, and I use the app Viz to do so. Could I, if I could find an accurate page count, use that for one of my books? I've finished like 5 series last year and this year. lol. I love them, and there's a ton of volumes... That's my only problem. So yeah, just thought I'd ask! ^^

If you can put a few volumes together to reach 500 pages (they are usually about 200 pages), it works (exemple: Naruto vol. 1 to 3 would count as one book)

Like Trystan did with the Sandman and I did with The Boys  (putting it as one or multiple books is your choice as long as each entry is 500 pages)

Book Number: 51

Number Of Pages: 282

Book Title: Nulle part où se cacher (would translate as: Nowhere to Hide)

Author: -Émile Lafrenière

-David Bédard

-L.P. Sicard

-Alexandre Charbonneau

-Yvan Godbout

Summary: A collection of 5 horror short stories 

1) Two policemen investigate what looks like a situation about witches

2) After watching a horror movie, a little girl starts to imagines monsters in her house, maybe they are more real than it seems

3) A man lose controle of his car during a snow storm and hit something that appears to be a little girl, he ran away.

4) 3 adventurers arrives in a strange village where they stops for the night. They end up not being able to leave because of a witch's magic

5) An old lady is in a retirement house where she to be stuck between present and her horrible past. 

Edited by Little-Star

@trystan It's hilarious, since I can remember reading that now. Sigh. I'm not bright. lol

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages:  624

Book Title: Tokyo Ghoul (Volume 1-3)

Author: Sui Ishida

Rating: 5/5 (if you're okay with gore and a bit of horror, go for it. The anime is wonderful as well.)

Summary: This manga is insane, but also absolutely amazing! Young college student, Ken Keneki, is attacked by a ghoul, he's taken into a world between humans and the ghouls of Tokyo. 

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages:  592

Book Title: Tokyo Ghoul (Volume 4-6)

Rating: 5/5 (if you're okay with gore and a bit of horror, go for it. The anime is wonderful as well.)

Summary: This manga is insane, but also absolutely amazing! Young college student, Ken Keneki, is attacked by a ghoul, he's taken into a world between humans and the ghouls of Tokyo. 

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages:  618

Book Title: Tokyo Ghoul (Volume 7-9)

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages:  1078

Book Title: Tokyo Ghoul (Volume 10-14)

The last one I couldn't cut into more than one without having one be under 500. lol. I tried. Man I read a lot of this manga... Sorry. lol

Edited by AsymDoll13

Book Number: 103

Number Of Pages: 437

Book Title: Fangirl

Author: Rainbow Rowell

Summary: Cath is a Simon Snow fan, writing fanfiction and hanging out in the forums. She heads to college, without her twin sister by her side, and wonders if she can manage her new life.

Book Number: 104

Number Of Pages: 144

Book Title: The 6th Grade Nickname Game

Author: Gordon Korman

Summary: Best friends Jeff and Wiley have nicknames for practically everyone in their school, but now some of those seem to be backfiring.

Book Number: 103

Number Of Pages: 362

Book Title: Sea Rose Lane

Author: Irene Hannon

Summary: After being laid off, attorney Eric Nash heads back to his hometown of Hope Harbour. His childhood home is being changed to a B and B, and he finds himself attracted to the architect, though their first encounters are less than smooth.

Book Number: 104

Number Of Pages: 243

Book Title: To Ride Pegasus

Author: Anne McCaffrey

Summary: In a future Earth, Henry Darrow discovers a way to trace and harness telepathic and telekinetic skills.

Book Number: 105

Number Of Pages: 293

Book Title: Pegasus in Flight

Summary: Earth's psychically gifted Talents help build the new space platform while dealing with adventures on Earth.

Book Number: 106

Number Of Pages: 434

Book Title: Pegasus in Space

Summary: It's up to the Talented to save the day when dissatisfied people attack the new space station.

Book Number: 107

Number Of Pages: 328

Book Title: The Rowan

Summary: Even as a child, the Rowan was one of the strongest Talents ever born.

Book Number: 108

Number Of Pages: 341

Book Title: Damia

Summary: The Rowan's daughter is a powerful Talent in her own right, meeting alien voices in her mind.

Book Number: 109

Number Of Pages: 312

Book Title: Uner a Summer Sky: A Savannah Romance

Author: Melody Carlson

Summary: High school teacher Nicole is looking forward to a relaxing summer in Savannah, house sitting and running a friend's art gallery.

Book Number: 110

Number Of Pages: 194

Book Title: Strawberry Girl

Author: Lois Lenski

Summary: A Newbery Medal winner, chronicaling the lives of several Florida 'Cracker' families.

Book Number: 111

Number Of Pages: 153

Book Title: The Road to Paris

Author: Nikki Grimes

Summary: Paris has lived with several mean foster families, and now finds herself without her brother, staying at the Lincolns. Has she finally found a place to call home?

10 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

@trystan It's hilarious, since I can remember reading that now. Sigh. I'm not bright. lol

you're fine.  and you are bright. :D

Book Number: 27

Number Of Pages: 250

Book Title: The Tethering

Author: Megan O'Russell

Summary: This YA story, the first in a trilogy, focuses on Jacob Evans, a 16-year-old barely making ends meet with his near-absentee father, as he discovers his wizarding powers after a tragedy befalls him. He must learn to fit in with the wizarding world with his childhood friend Emilia as the magical community implodes from clans infighting.

Book Number: 12

Number Of Pages: 539

Book Title: Just After Sunset

Author: Stephen King

Summary: A short story collection, so I will summarize my favorite, "N." The story of a man who develops OCD-like symptoms following a strange experience, as told through letters and the notes of his psychiatrist, obtained after the psychiatrist's suicide.

Review: I always love a short story collection, and this was worth reading for "N." alone, but the other stories hold up, too.

9 hours ago, DraconicDetective said:

i know its may already and the challenge ends at the end of june, but would it be too late to try to join?

No problem to join now just that you can't use book you've read before today

Book Number: 52

Number Of Pages: 240

Book Title: The Chronicles of Narnia : The Magician's Nephew

Summary: Diggory and Polly are brought to a new place by magic. The arrive in an inbetween world where they meet the witch Jadis. The world of Narnia is created by Aslan the lion. 

And got myself a book read by Gilderoy Lockhart XD

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 34*

Number Of Pages: 320

Book Title: Have You Seen Luis Velez?

Author: Catherine Ryan Hyde

Summary: Millie is in her 90s and blind, and her caretaker has suddenly stopped coming.  Raymond, a 17-year-old in her building, feels like he doesn't fit in anywhere.  Meeting Millie after her curious question - Have you seen Luis Velez? - Raymond starts helping Millie out, takes it on himself to look for Luis Velez, learns a lot about people, and even a bit about himself.
(my note: #26 for 2022)

I've been on an Anne McCaffrey binge. Can you tell? XD

Book Number: 112

Number Of Pages: 325

Book Title: Damia's Children

Summary: All of Damia's children are strong telepaths and use their skills in combatting an alien species more insect than humanoid.

Book Number: 113

Number Of Pages: 327

Book Title: Lyon's Pride

Summary: The continuation of the fight of the Talented versus the alien insect race.

Book Number: 114

Number Of Pages: 315

Book Title: The Tower and The Hive

Summary: The Rowen-Raven-Lyon family continues to help defeat the Hivers while having to deal with people back home who wish them less than well.

Book Number: 115

Number Of Pages: 374

Book Title: Powers That Be

Author: Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough

Summary: On the planet Petaybee, disabled combat veteran Yanaba Maddock finds her health returning and learns more about her new home.

Book Number: 116

Number Of Pages: 325

Book Title: Power Lines

Summary: Petaybee is alive. Now Yana must help protect her new home for those intent on mining it.

Book Number: 117

Number Of Pages: 342

Book Title: Power Play

Summary: When Yana leaves Petaybee, she and several others are kidnapped. The price for her freedom is the planet itself, but no one quite knows what the newly sentient planet will do.

Book Number: 118

Number Of Pages: 340

Book Title: The Woman in Cabin 10

Author: Ruth Ware

Summary: Laura Blacklock is sure she witnessed a murder on board the luxury yacht Aurora but has a difficult time getting anyone to believe.

Book Number: 53

Number Of Pages: 286

Book Title: Frankenstein (french version)

Author: Mary W. Shelly 

Book Number: 119

Number Of Pages: 377

Book Title: Angel Falls

Author: Kristin Hannah

Summary: When Mikaela Campbell falls into a coma, her husband Liam turns to her ex-husband for help.