Long_Before_Sunrise

Request to lower cooldown on Purple Dragons' BSA

Even with Fertility, I've been getting an unusual amount of 'no interest' and 'no egg.' It is like one whole breed just won't produce an egg if the first pair doesn't make an egg, even when you have 8 or more dragons of that breed.

Plus now we have the alt Nilia requiring Fertility cast on both parents. 

I have 25 Purples and I can use up their BSAs very fast. It's very frustrating to burn through all my Purples' BSA like that. Do I really need a Purple army?

It didn't use to be this difficult.

What breeds are being especially stubborn for you? Fertility gives it a kick but I don't think it can override ratios if certain breeds are being overbred (like the birthday release breeds...).  Also, given that Purple's cooldown is 2 weeks, 25 really isn't enough if you intend to do a lot of breeding. I have 32 and I'm constantly running out lately even though I don't actually breed a ton generally. 

That said... Yes. Please. Especially now that it's used for an actual breed variant. Also see:

Support this. I rarely breed my dragons and only use Fertility to prevent refusal for important first time pairings. So I haven’t run out if Fertility yet, even though I only have 8 Purples. Still I have been dreading trying to breed green Nilias because then I will definitely run out!

Also adding in my support. I've started to really lean into more play aspects of the game (not just 'collect and sit') and that means breeding. Fertility is quite handy, and I most often use it when I'm trying for a more stubborn hybrid.

Full support. I would support 1 week cooldown for fertility since breeding itself has a one week cooldown

Adding in support. It makes sense to have all the 'breeding' BSAs (Precognition, Influence, Fertility, and Incubate) on a 7-day cooldown since that's when egg turnover will be. I can sort of understand why Incubate has a 2-week cooldown, since it allows players to essentially pick up 'extra eggs' but the other three should all be set at one week.

Support, especially since fertility is now also being used as a breed mechanic to get the new pygmies in addition to its original intended function.

Edited by Jazeki
Lol typo.

Support, I thought I had enough purples, but between fertility reducing the chance of a refusal on the first breeding and needing to breed a lot of dragons to meet my scroll goals I've ran out on more than one occasion

Personally don't see why there needs to be a decrease, but why not, it's not like allowing each purple to use fertility once a week going to break anything or make purple suddenly extremely op 

100% support, the longer cooldown never made sense to me when, as someone else said, other breeding related BSAs are all 7 days.

MOST BSAs are two weeks: EQ, fertility, incubate, Stun, Ward, Summon. Expunge is a month, as are corporealise and bite. Only teleport (2 days), influence and precog are a week. Some of those are also breeding related.

I don't think trying to argue by "this other thing is a week so purple should have to be as well" really holds up.

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

MOST BSAs are two weeks: EQ, fertility, incubate, Stun, Ward, Summon. Expunge is a month, as are corporealise and bite. Only teleport (2 days), influence and precog are a week. Some of those are also breeding related.

I don't think trying to argue by "this other thing is a week so purple should have to be as well" really holds up.

The only "comparable" one from your list would be fertility and stun, really - Expunge, teleport, corporealize, bite and summon are their own things entirely and honestly irrelevant to the argument you're trying to make.  I could argue that incubate/stun should be a week too, but since it reduces the egg timer by a full day I realize it'd probably be way too OP lol.  Fertility on the other hand is NOT a significant advantage in the way incubate is and is more on the line with influence and precog where it's a helpful tool but not powerful enough to majorly change the breeding and hatching process - maybe if it fully prevented refusals I'd agree, but it REALLY isn't as big of a boost as ppl assume. 

To be quite honest this whole reply comes off as pretty much just "change bad and doesn't provide any actual counterarguments" - if you have actual reasons why you believe it should have a longer cooldown I'm all ears though as I really don't use fert aside from prize breeding (partially because the cooldown makes it a pain).

Edited by Falorni

Breeding of Celestials cannot be done without corporealise.

I didn't say "change is bad" - I don't honestly care about this one one way or the other, but I don't see that picking the BSAs people happen to want to use sooner as "needing" to have a lower cooldown is a particularly good reason to change.

Personally, I'd still prefer *all* variant-dependent BSAs to have shorter cooldowns, instead of changing only Fertility. I don't really see a good reason for lowering *only* Fertility cooldown, I don't see Fertility as being more important than any other 2-week-cooldown BSAs (especially since using it doesn't actually guarantee a successful breeding or even guarantee no refusal...). imo the biggest reason to lower cooldowns in general is because we now have BSAs that aren't *just* being used for their actual intended use, there are completely separate breed-variants that require their use even if you don't actually need the BSA for their original purpose. So I think it would make more sense to adjust cooldown for all of the BSAs that now have that official secondary-use, rather than signaling out Fertility only. 

so i dont really use fertlity much but honestly i can see it being lowered especally since theres people who may depend on it

i know for me the only reason i was able to get things like CB pink sapphires, CB metals, CB skittish shumogas honestly was due to the fact i managed to get a prize dragon looong time ago and that dragon is the only reason i own a majority of the rares i have and if i just dont get an egg that week well i guess no new trades for me and my prize dragon took a month and a half to give me one single prize egg during the chaos that was the pink sapphires 

so theres really only two ways to solve this argument lower the cooldown on it or just own an absolute ungodly amount of purples and for newer players i feel like thats a bit much to just tell them well just get 30-50 purples youll be covered thatll seem like such a daunting goal

and since fertility is needed for bsa alts n stuff now that and its honestly a little more higher on the priority bsa list i can see it dropping to a week personally

edit: i mean hell id love to have earthquake being reduced to a week aswell 

Edited by Kestra62

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't see Fertility as being more important than any other 2-week-cooldown BSAs (especially since using it doesn't actually guarantee a successful breeding or even guarantee no refusal...)

tbh this is exactly why I personally think it should be lowered - the reason I assume stun and incubate have a longer cooldown because they are much more useful and will change the hatching/growing up process significantly.  Meanwhile things like influence and precog, while super helpful, have a much smaller "significance" if that makes sense :0

Edit// also agree w EQ being another BSA thatd benefit from a cooldown of one week espes now that there are variants relying on it - it already has enough penalties as is imo

(sorry for the notif HeatherMarie, u just happened to sum it up really well lol)

Edited by Falorni

Bump. I fully support lowering the cooldown to a week or less.

No reason cooldown should be 2 weeks when fertility doesn't even guarantee an egg.

I am giving this my support. I don't use Fertility too often, but when I do, the waiting definitely hurts. Yes, Purples are pretty common, and we could hoard them, but that wait is a little too ridiculous. Other 2-week BSAs like Incubate and Ward I do get, they really do help, but Fertility's chance to fail makes it rather frustrating. If it was a week, that would be better for something that has a chance to fail if the dragons refuse to approach each other, or no egg is produced.

Totally support this idea.

I have 170 myself and never run out, but I don't breed new pairs very often, so I am not in the same situation as many other players.

No support here either.  They are a perfectly lovely dragon and are not uncommon.   If you need to use the BSA more often, why not just collect, or breed, a few more for yourself?

1 hour ago, Stormcaller said:

No support here either.  They are a perfectly lovely dragon and are not uncommon.   If you need to use the BSA more often, why not just collect, or breed, a few more for yourself?

I rather agree....

23 hours ago, Shiruvix said:

Other 2-week BSAs like Incubate and Ward I do get, they really do help, but Fertility's chance to fail makes it rather frustrating. 

This is a good point and another reason I support this. For BSAs that are guaranteed, a longer cooldown is more understandable. But when a Fertility is used and basically wasted with a bad result, a 2-week cooldown is a little much. Personally I'd rather keep the 2-week cooldown and just make Fertility more powerful (like it preventing refusals completely), but as it stands a lower cooldown doesn't sound like a bad idea. 

(And I know I'm repeating myself here, but I'll say again that we now have actual breed-variants that *require* BSA-use, and with alt-Nilias requiring *two* Fertilities and then you get no egg..... Yeah.)