Aniia

ANSWERED:Hacked account?

I got an email saying there were 3 failed login attempts from an address in Russia. I've changed my password, is there anything else I need to do to keep my account secure? Is there a way I can find out if any other damage has been done?

Under your account tab, there's an option to see "Login Sessions", in which you can see devices that are logged in to your account. If you press "See All", you can remove any suspicious devices that you may not recognize being associated with your account. If everything looks fine, I would also recommend changing the email associated with your account, if even only temporarily.

Edit: Also make sure to check out your actions log to see if any actions were performed just in case.

Edited by Umi

Everything looks good. I wonder if my account was targeted or it was random...

I get that kind of thing quite often. NEVER click on a link in an email like that.... but you knew that ! I think they are pretty much random.

-Don't click any links in the email.

-If you used the same password on other sites, change those too.

I wonder why anyone would hackan acc here, it's not like there's payment details, much personal info or anything to steal on them- why would somoene be trying to get into a dragoncave acc...?

2 hours ago, Roseora said:

I wonder why anyone would hackan acc here, it's not like there's payment details, much personal info or anything to steal on them- why would somoene be trying to get into a dragoncave acc...?

Lots of folks reuse passwords because it eventually becomes impossible to remember a billion different passwords to different websites.  If somebody can gain access to one account, they may then be able to use that password/email combo to gain access to other accounts.  Or even the email in question if a person used the same password for their email and their on-site account.

That or somebody just wanting to be malicious and mess with a scroll or steal it or something.

Or, the innocent reason--their username just happens to be similar enough that they made a typo.  Or it's a username they use elsewhere.  Somebody else happened to get the email for a certain provider with the username I use everywhere else, for example, so sometimes when I'm half-asleep I accidentally try to log in to their email forgetting that somebody else has that one (especially since I use the same name with a different email provider).

Just a good reminder to avoid recycling passwords, or if you do at least don't recycle passwords that you use to access email or important websites because even sites like this can face data breaches or hacking attempts targeted at specific accounts.