Dogzilla

Indicate cool down period for Red Dragons

Even though I have my army of Red Dragons there are times I keep clicking and looking for one to incubate an egg. It would be helpful if there was an indicator that the Red Dragon cannot yet incubate another egg. Perhaps after it incubates a thin line of steam come from it's mouth indicating it hasn't yet cooled down. When looking for a dragon to use to incubate one just avoids those with steam as they are still cooling down.

If you use the Available for BSA dropdown, you will only see the ones you can use now. Of course you may have to scroll through all your other BSA dragons, too, but I usually know which page my Reds are on, so it isn't too hard to find them that way.

I have groups reserved for each of my BSA dragons, and as purplehaze suggested, I use the 'avaible for BSA' sort option to figure out which one(s) can still be used...and as for those who are on cool down, you can see how many days remain by visiting the dragon's action page.

That aside, I'm neutral on adding a visual indicator to Reds if their BSA has been used because on the one hand, it would be another 'dynamic' sprite [like glowy aeons or Sparky bolts] for players to collect for the encylopedia. On the other hand, to someone on mobile and/or with poor eyesight - the addition of a little steam/smoke coming out the mouth might go unnoticed, making the addition semi-pointless.

I second the "make a group for that BSA then use the available for BSA" idea for keeping track of them!  I do that for any of the BSAs that I use regularly and it works wonderfully.

That said, I've nothing against a visual change to the sprite to show that it's used a BSA, I personally find those sorts of sprite changes neat and it might be cool to have.

But, in the meantime (or if this were to never happen), definitely a group w/ the "available for BSA" option works wonders.

There's always the basic "available for BSA" option right in the basic dropdown.... for those who don't want a group.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:09 PM, KageSora said:

I second the "make a group for that BSA then use the available for BSA" idea for keeping track of them!  I do that for any of the BSAs that I use regularly and it works wonderfully.

That said, I've nothing against a visual change to the sprite to show that it's used a BSA, I personally find those sorts of sprite changes neat and it might be cool to have.

But, in the meantime (or if this were to never happen), definitely a group w/ the "available for BSA" option works wonders.

I love the idea of different spite "energy levels." Normal spite - ready to go, laying down - used up/in cool down and then close to ready have them blowing smoke from noses/elemental "crackle" about them.