Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shrapnarl

Hello! Online, I go by Shrapnarl, but Shrap works just fine. I still don't know what pronouns I prefer so feel free to use whichever ones you are inclined to. I'm a college student with an interest in storytelling, entomology, the natural world, and fantasy creatures (like dragons). Nice to meet you!

I've seen Dragon Cave around for awhile because I have a tendency to click on pixel art when I see it in somebody's signature. I think it's going to take me a minute to figure the site out. It's been awhile since I've seen a game structured like this. Question- I see in my profile that there's a segment with a 'Signature' option, but I don't see how to edit that. Nor do I see how to change my profile picture.

Hello and welcome! What kinds of stories do you like? 

If you want some help learning how to raise your dragons you can post in The Mentoring Project and ask for help. We're here to answer your questions and teach you how to play the game, as well as teach you how to use the forums. I'm a mentor, you can always PM me your questions and I'll be happy to help you!

So you can change your profile picture and signature now that I've approved your account.

To change your signature:

1. Select your name under the forum header.

2. Select Account Settings.

3. Select Signature.

To change your profile picture:

1. Select the dropdown next to your name underneath the forum header.

2. Select Profile.

3. Select the thumbnail icon on the bottom left of the default profile icon.

4. You should get the option to change your profile pic.

@purpledragonclaw

I like stories that have monsters and creatures but aren't high fantasy. Horror is nice and all, but I'll give bonus points if the story is wholesome. I'd recommend Petra's Tiger, Tiger webcomic, if you're into those! Thank you for approving my account. I do plan on stopping by the mentor thread. While I think I have the basics of Dragon Cave figured out, I still find myself with a lot of questions. (Like, in what circumstances is it okay to ping somebody here? Is it even called pinging? Do you get a notification when I do this?) Not to mention the amount of dragons on this site has blown my mind, and I think I have a lot to figure out when it comes to rarity and how to obtain specific breeds.

To the other responses on this thread- Hi!! Thank you for the warm welcomes. I do like it here so far. 😄

Yes, it's called pinging, and I do get a notification for it. Anyone you ping would. 

I typically prefer to PM someone when I talk to them, unless they say something in a thread I want to respond to, or thank them for, in which case I ping them. :) 

19 hours ago, Shrapnarl said:

@purpledragonclaw

I like stories that have monsters and creatures but aren't high fantasy. Horror is nice and all, but I'll give bonus points if the story is wholesome. I'd recommend Petra's Tiger, Tiger webcomic, if you're into those! Thank you for approving my account. I do plan on stopping by the mentor thread. While I think I have the basics of Dragon Cave figured out, I still find myself with a lot of questions. (Like, in what circumstances is it okay to ping somebody here? Is it even called pinging? Do you get a notification when I do this?) Not to mention the amount of dragons on this site has blown my mind, and I think I have a lot to figure out when it comes to rarity and how to obtain specific breeds.

To the other responses on this thread- Hi!! Thank you for the warm welcomes. I do like it here so far. 😄

welcome, @Shrapnarl!

From personal experience, I highly recommend a personal one-on one-mentor. They are simply amazing. They can answer all of your questions, big and small. They were super super helpful and patient with me! I had a mentor for several months and they really helped me with my thousands of questions (at least, it seems like that at the time!) 😅

To ask for a mentor, post here:

ETA: I see you did that already! Great. Someone should contact you shortly.  :)

Yes! I got a mentor today. Thank you for the recommendation!