TJ09

2021-06-27 - June Dragon Release

There's always one that doesn't want to hatch. Got five from the same hourly drop, and one is refusing to come out of the egg. It has over 2200 views, when one of the hatched ones has under 1300.

Edited to add: I should have known.it was going to give me trouble: the code is sort-of sideways "refuse" r4FU3

Edited by Fyrebird

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The volcano hatchlings don't look like drakes. 

Because they're a little chubby? So are moonglow hatchies. Drake and dragon hatchies are pretty indistinguishable from each other.

Aaand I got hatchies! Yay! Seeing lots of the cave drake hatchies in hatcheries and my goodness I can't get over how adorable they are. 

53 minutes ago, Tini said:

Because they're a little chubby? So are moonglow hatchies. Drake and dragon hatchies are pretty indistinguishable from each other.

That's part of it. These have short blunt faces while drakes have muzzles. They also appear to have horns instead of antlers. Drakes have webbing and spines from their wings, down their sides, and along their tails. Their backs arch. Most drakes have shorter front legs, too.

??? Why wouldn't drakes be allowed to have blunt faces, evenly-proportioned limbs, or arched spines? There's nothing in the description that requires it. The rest of your complaints can mostly be chalked up to the tiny size of the hatchling sprites--it looks to me more like they have very atrophied wings and webbing, but it's still there, the tail and body spines are drawn differently enough for that.

Edited by Guillotine

32 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's part of it. These have short blunt faces while drakes have muzzles. They also appear to have horns instead of antlers. Drakes have webbing and spines from their wings, down their sides, and along their tails. Their backs arch. Most drakes have shorter front legs, too.

A lot of those things aren't very obvious on the drake hatchlings we already have. The 'horns' on the s2 look fairly similar to what the Morphodrake adult has, imo (I don't see any antler-like branching on Morphodrakes at all...)  They'll probably look more 'drake-like' as adults, but I don't see any large difference between them and the drake hatchies we already had. 

I'm currently regretting mass-breeding *all* my Morpho/Greater-Spotteds right at the beginning, waiting a full week to breed more of the new hybrid is so frustrating! (I'm not a huge breeder, counting down days between breedings is not something I'm used to, lol!)

55 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Hm. What will happen to my checker now...

It's a beautiful checker. I guess you just have to pray for non-hybrids, and trade the hybrids you do get.

Personally, I've decided to checker royal blues and royal crimsons BECAUSE of picking up hybrid fails from the AP.

Edited by Fyrebird

5 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Well, to be fair, these are the drake rules:

New Drake Rules said:
The drake guidelines have finally been updated! Here are the characteristics necessary to make a dragon a drake:
  Pulled from the Ultimate Guide to Dragon Request Thread said:
Drake

A species created by Dovealove. They have a certain set of characteristics and can onlybreed with other drakes.

Drakes:

1. Have four limbs/legs with leathery wings.

2. Have antlers.

3. Are smaller than the average dragon.

4. Have a similar intelligence level to dogs.

5. Only have an innate/natural level of magic.

6. Lack a thumb.

Example: Orchredrake by Dovealove and Pokemonfan13

This is being announced so people can see it. Please ask questions now if you have any so that we can get them cleared up.

Anything that is not specified on the list means you have leeway and creativity.

ex. Drakes always have antlers but it is not specified how many branches the antlers have.

There is no specific rules about body type or face shape. Also, there deer with non-branching antlers.

Acheivement unlocked: Made someone "angry by stretching the drake rules with my concepts.

The chunky s1 hatchies are right up there for my favorite hatchling sprites. The more I see them, the more I love them! ❤

Thinking I will collect some in the future for freezing... waiting to see how much I like the adult sprite first though.

On 6/26/2021 at 9:51 PM, random_dragon_collector said:

They'll flood at the top of the hour--you might have luck in 9 minutes.

I did manage to get them right before I went to bed....LOL. I had my son here so it was a little harder to sit still long enough to catch them but I did it....LOL. Thank you!!!!

I like the description of green hatchlings. Hope they'll catch all bugs in the game)

On 6/28/2021 at 4:57 PM, TCA said:

Actually, the Hydrophidius doesn't have the egg description I wrote for them and I suspect they got this same description by mistake.

That's unfair(

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

The chunky s1 hatchies are right up there for my favorite hatchling sprites. The more I see them, the more I love them! ❤

Ever since @Stormphoenix42 said it looks like a baby alot  that's all I can see. (OMG auto-replace with the pic! ❤️❤️❤️ !!)

1 minute ago, Fyrebird said:

Ever since @Stormphoenix42 said it looks like a baby alot  that's all I can see. (OMG auto-replace with the pic! ❤️❤️❤️ !!)

Yes! A lot of baby alot is what I would love to have on my scroll. My fiancé was showing me the Hyperbole and a Half blog on Saturday so the Alots were fresh in my mind when I saw the hatchies. Funny coincidence.

Hahahaha! AP is full of GSD eggs that were hybrid fails.

Edited to add: Bonus! Remembered a couple people saying they auto-abandoned hybrids by accident and started refreshing. Caught two and now I'm locked again.

Edited by Fyrebird

Oof, I missed the first few days of this release! Thankfully half of the release is a hybrid. :'D

It's always nice when hybrids are offspring of very rarely bred dragons- I don't think I've bred my Greater Spotted's more than a few time total, and Morpho Drakes absolutely never. It's neat that they have a bit of hybrid lore- I always like when old dragons get a little bit more nuance to enjoy!

Tryna catch some of the Volcano drakes and whew, it's pretty packed! Not insane, but haven't caught an egg yet. I'm sure I'll grab some late night if I can't manage today, though.

I absolutely love fiery/flaming dragons, so I'm super excited to see the Volcano adults!! :D

54 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Hahahaha! AP is full of GSD eggs that were hybrid fails.

Edited to add: Bonus! Remembered a couple people saying they auto-abandoned hybrids by accident and started refreshing. Caught two and now I'm locked again.

I need more non-CB GSDs and Morphos, got two of each from the AP so far. This is so cool, it's very rare to see so many drakes in the AP! 

On 6/28/2021 at 9:53 AM, TCA said:

Uhhhh it's complicated but it should have been "This sandy egg has a scaly texture."

I'm taking note of that just in case.

Not done building my Hydrophidius army just yet!

Loving the new Drakes look! Maybe creators already  noticed the description says that it's a cute baby dragon ^^ looking forward to see the adult sprites!

DRAKE RELEASE!!! <33333

I have.. one of each so far. Really excited to see the adults!

Love the drake - do NOT love its name.... Girly bulls will feel odd, too...

The Spotted Teal is lovely too. Great adults.

Edited by Fuzzbucket