TJ09

2021-06-27 - June Dragon Release

Dragon, drake, I don't care. I love them all! 🐲 Thank you TJ, Spatio, and Infinis! 😻

Does anyone have name ideas? I'm thinking Volcano drake is Ru-something. Ruddy or russet? They both are descriptors for something red or brown. If I had to pick I'd say russet drake though, seems to describe the palette the best.

Edited by Diggie

All of my hybrid breedings were successful, no purple setup. Gathering the Volcano babies now as I'm freeing up space x'D Thank you TJ, the artists and whoever else involved in these concepts! (because seriously, we seem to forget that sometimes concepts are started by someone else who remains unnamed...! for like, 99% of time)

Loving the all-drake release! I know the subtype requirements are stringent but it's nice to see some new ones.

Just accidentally auto-abandoned a new hybrid... Hope someone enjoys that from the AP in a few days! ^^;

6 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

That aside, is it just me or does the Volcano drake look a little on the plump side? Still, both hatchlings are adorable.

Literally me: OMG LITTLE PLUMP BOIS!! 

3 hours ago, Stormphoenix42 said:

I don't know what it is about the cave ones that reminds me of Allie Brosh, but I love it. Can't wait to see these little mischief-makers grow up :D

..... Oh. Oh my goodness. I totally see that, woah. That's so funny! Is it the pose, the chonkyness, the.... hmm. Really does remind me of her drawing style, that's interesting. 

I'm loving the color of the hybrid hatchie, it's so pretty! And that s1 is so sleek and adorable I *need* frozens, lol!

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

Thank you DC for the most stress-free release so far, at least in my memory. I greatly appreciate the eggs continuously dropping in the Cave.

It has been fantastic. There haven’t even been five-minute drops. No scrambling for eggs. Just a continuous drop in the Cave. Love it. 

I agree! It was extremely stress free and good for my blood pressure. As my current eggs kept hatching, I lazily strolled to the volcano and collected my fill until I was egg-locked.

Initially, I came to know about the release through the  Discord group and saw 61 people gathered in Volcano, I thought I was a goner.

But collecting the eggs were relatively easier this time. No sweat! :D

Hot drake summer, real hot drake stuff

...I wonder if drakes can dance

1 hour ago, Marrionetta said:

Hot drake summer, real hot drake stuff

...I wonder if drakes can dance

hands on her wings shaking tail on that drake stuff?  😳

Now I'm imagining these new drakes at a luau and doing a hula dance or something.  Possibly with mocktails or whatever too. 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

..... Oh. Oh my goodness. I totally see that, woah. That's so funny! Is it the pose, the chonkyness, the.... hmm. Really does remind me of her drawing style, that's interesting. 

I'm loving the color of the hybrid hatchie, it's so pretty! And that s1 is so sleek and adorable I *need* frozens, lol!

I think it's the expression, for me - the wide eyes and the angle of the mouth remind me of this alot....ALOT.png

Edited by Stormphoenix42

Most enjoyable release ever, everyone needed that after the overwhelming birthday release many people are still struggling with, chill is so much better!

1 minute ago, Meh said:

Most enjoyable release ever, everyone needed that after the overwhelming birthday release many people are still struggling with, chill is so much better!

I can't agree more. I'm still struggling with it and I haven't even managed to get one of the magenta florets yet.

Well the magenta florets aren't in the cave AFAIK, only bred.

26 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well the magenta florets aren't in the cave AFAIK, only bred.

And? Those are super hard to breed, I too can't produce any for my gf, forget extras for trading. I didn't manage to breed her a safe new Copper yet too (or any copper from my hybrid pairings), from 4 pairs every week. Nobody spoke about the cave or that they didn't try to breed them. Seeing your previous posts I think you're overinterpreting things, seeing things not said. The last release was and still is a pain, cave AND bred, this one is chill, that's it.

This release is telling me I need to be better about collecting drakes, lol. With only 11 Morphodrakes, mostly CBs, and majority-CB Greater Spotteds I'm going to have a hard time getting 'messy' new hybrids! (My 'what is considered messy' threshold is lower for drakes/two-heads/pygmies due to the limited breeding pool, they are always much harder to find as messies in any sense...)

What are the phases we need to look for with these new eggs by chance? I am blind as a bat it seems.... LOL

18 minutes ago, madameM said:

What are the phases we need to look for with these new eggs by chance? I am blind as a bat it seems.... LOL

If you mean the egg descriptions, the reddish one is "This striped egg is surprisingly heavy." and drops in the Volcano. The other is a hybrid, from Greater Spotted Drake and Morphodrake.

Thanks HeatherMarie ad thanks to TJ and spriters these dragons always look so awesome~ off to try to do some breeding... LOL

Love the dragons but looks like I'm not getting the new one for a while again. Wish drops really lasted a lot longer.

I stupidly forgot there would be a release and had egglocked myself, but because of the drop mechanics this time, I was still able to get 2 from the cave.

And for some reason, all 3 hybrid tries were successful and no fertility was used. This is such a rare oocurence on my scroll, to have successful breeds so effortlessly. It was a wonderful experience.

Beautiful drakes. Thanks.