TJ09

2021-06-27 - June Dragon Release

I love how everyone is staying at volcano lolll

Update: I got one poggg

Edited by CHEPPR

I thought it was going to be a new sprite color of the Hydrophidius! :(

But I got some of the new Drakes from Volcano and one from my Morphos/GS, had to try for one before ratitos start, you know...

2 minutes ago, Daypaw said:

17 attempts and only one resulted in a hybrid. Guess these are on the rarer side, then. 

Did you use Purple BSA's? My friend only had one GS drake and got a hybrid from the pair she bred. 

I wasn't keeping track when I was randomly breeding different drakes, but once I knew the combo, I got 1 hybrid from 4 pairs.  The rest were a parents' breed. As per the post above, I didn't use fertility.

Edited by random_dragon_collector

Just now, Syiren said:

Did you use Purple BSA's? My friend only had one GS drake and got a hybrid from the pair she bred. 

Fertility isn't supposed to impact the likelihood of a specific breed, only that you'll get an egg. 

2 minutes ago, CHEPPR said:

I love how everyone is staying at volcano lolll

Usually during an initial drop the other biomes are empty for the first several hours. With the other egg being a hybrid, the volcano is literally the only biome with eggs.

3 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

Fertility isn't supposed to impact the likelihood of a specific breed, only that you'll get an egg. 

But we now have one where it does, the new nilias, so that's a legit question.  I got a hybrid with no fertility.

Edited by random_dragon_collector

3 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

true, but it might help against non-interest and refusals. 

18 minutes ago, Raziella said:

Bred both my pairs, and just got morpho eggs.  Is that normal on the first night of a release??

Yeah, I bred all five of my Morphos with some purple assistance and only got one hybrid egg; I'm just chalking it up to everyone trying to breed the dragons at the same time.

Wait, hold up, we have our very first DRAKE HYBRID?!?!! SQUEEEEE!!!!  (... this is our first drake hybrid right? Now I'm second-guessing my memory...)

I love love love that we have an all-drake release! We need more drakes in the cave, goodness. 

I managed to breed four of the hybrids but am not having any luck catching the ones in the volcano biome. Hopefully I can since I missed majority of them in the last release. I have just had way too much family stuff going on to be able to do the stuff I want.

3 minutes ago, blackmagicrose said:

I managed to breed four of the hybrids but am not having any luck catching the ones in the volcano biome. Hopefully I can since I missed majority of them in the last release. I have just had way too much family stuff going on to be able to do the stuff I want.

They'll flood at the top of the hour--you might have luck in 9 minutes.

Bred both my Morphodrakes, one with Fertility, one without. Got Greater Spotted egg on the first one and Morphodrake from the second pair.

Huh, I've had pretty good luck breeding the hybrids so far, I'm surprised. Sending all 2gs to the AP (and cursing my lack of messy drakes...). I absolutely love the hybrid's egg, it's similar to the greater spotted egg but the blueish color makes it so pretty. 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Huh, I've had pretty good luck breeding the hybrids so far, I'm surprised. Sending all 2gs to the AP (and cursing my lack of messy drakes...). I absolutely love the hybrid's egg, it's similar to the greater spotted egg but the blueish color makes it so pretty. 

The hybrid reminds me of the tarantula hawk drake in markings, tbh. 

Thanks TJ and artists, for another awesome release!

Ooh, I really like the morpho/spotted combo. Those babies are bound to have some pretty patterns :wub:

Well, I hadn't gotten any eggs in the 5-minute drops, but I filled up on the hourly drop. Two of them have z-codes so I guess I'll be putting them up for trade tomorrow.

I actually saw the new hybrid drake in the trading hub, looks like a morpho drake and greater spotted drake hybrid, and the new hybrid's egg texture does resemble both the morpho's and greater spotted's egg textures.

This striped egg is surprisingly heavy.

That description threw me for a loop when I first saw it. I thought that they were Hydrophidius Dragons but why so many of them and why were they dropping in the Volcano? Then I remembered that there hadn't been a new release yet this month

6 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

That description threw me for a loop when I first saw it. I thought that they were Hydrophidius Dragons but why so many of them and why were they dropping in the Volcano? Then I remembered that there hadn't been a new release yet this month

Oh wow, I thought that description looked familiar! So we have a new 'same egg description' situation (thankfully they drop in different biomes)... Interesting. (I'm assuming this means we aren't likely to get the long-asked-for changes to older same-descriptions...)

And I thought that the Jungle would finaly see some peace with a new release. At this rate they will have to change it to City biome, so crowded it always is.

3 Morpho-Spotted breedings, no fertility...

1 no interest

1 refusal

1 new egg! 

Also picked up one egg from the Volcano and now I need to unlock so I can pick up more...

:)