TJ09

2021-06-27 - June Dragon Release

I'm glad so many people like the Sabertooth Bulls!

On 6/28/2021 at 1:57 PM, TCA said:

Actually, the Hydrophidius doesn't have the egg description I wrote for them and I suspect they got this same description by mistake.

Oh huh. Who knew.

On 6/28/2021 at 2:53 PM, TCA said:

Uhhhh it's complicated but it should have been "This sandy egg has a scaly texture."

Maybe we can petition to change it?

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Love the drake - do NOT love its name.... Girly bulls will feel odd, too...

The Spotted Teal is lovely too. Great adults.

Sorry about that. These guys' body type were definitely inspired by bulldogs, so it felt fitting.

3 hours ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

Shame we can't breed them to make pitbulls. 

*cackles*

2 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

I just noticed the hatchling description for the Bull Drake says, "Aww... It's a cute baby dragon." Shouldn't it say "cute baby drake"?

Loving the new Drakes look! Maybe creators already  noticed the description says that it's a cute baby dragon ^^ looking forward to see the adult sprites!

Yeah.. I mentioned this before that these were made before the drake descriptions were updated so it needs to be changed...

Maybe report it in the grammar\spelling mistakes thread?

3 hours ago, Falorni said:

A bit random, but do we know how big sabers are?  I lowkey wanna ride one like a horse lol

Congrats to both Infinis and Spatio for another great release!

Sorry. Drakes are supposed to be dog sized, so I imagined these guys to be about the size of American bulldogs, maybe a bit larger. So no horseback.

Could have them pull a sled though.

1 hour ago, FarawayCreatures said:

Combine them and get a Pitbull!

Edit: aw shucks, someone made that joke before. I'm like 99% sure stars aligned for this though!

*cackles louder*

Woah, okay, I completely didn't remember the Bulls at all. *Now* I do, now that I've seen the adult I definitely remember it in DR, but until right now I had no clue. They are *awesome*!! If I'm correct they are our first 'bulky brute' drake, right? Must hoard! I don't dislike drakes at all but I've never really concentrated on them (I think I only have my 'scroll goals' for one drake breed so far), but omg will I ever be hoarding these guys!!

The Spotted Teals are really pretty, I *love* the coloring. Really really love the coloring. And I definitely need a dozen or so frozen hatchies. Can't stop looking at the adult's wings, they just look majestic!

It's so cool to have a Drake-only release so we can get more breeds in Cave and on our scrolls! Both of the adults look incredible and I enjoy their descriptions too, it's very easy to imagine the Bulls' demeanor, and the Spotted Teals hunting in their environment. I remember the Bulls from DR, as well, and am so glad that some of those Drake requests are making it into the Cave! I'm also really glad the Drakes have finally got something special (either a hybrid or a Holiday) after all this time. I was able to trade for one hybrid egg, and hopefully will be able to breed more of my own later.

Thanks for a nice, relaxing release! Feels like exactly what I needed after the birthday :)

I love them!!! I'm so happy to get a drake release and can't wait to see more. Thanks to the spriters for the beautiful new additions, and thanks to the concept creators for adding in more drakes!

Ou~ I love the Teal adults! the bulls are great too. Woot! Another great release!

I love both of these, so awesome! I will be collecting and breeding more drakes, that's for sure. 

Okay, I have 3 GSDs and 5 Morphos growing on my scroll right now! Definitely needing to collect more now that they have a hybrid... Gosh I just can't stop looking at these new drakes, they are both so awesome! And I like that they are different in terms of appearance, we got one really bulky brutish drake and one that looks much more sleek and majestic (that is the only word I can think of for the way those wings look). 

I really love the teal drakes, and the sabertooth bull drakes look great as well. Thank you TJ and the spriters for another wonderful release! :D

The hybrid drake is so sleek and gorgeous!

That said, the Sabertooth Bull Drake REALLY reminds me of my pitbull, who is my little baby boy. It's those broad shoulders, thick muscled neck, and the teeth that really make me see it. ❤

Completely missed this release but I love both drakes! I love sabertooth cats so I'm happy to see a sabertooth dragon, even though it looks more like a pitbull...

7 minutes ago, JuulXhorse said:

Completely missed this release but I love both drakes! I love sabertooth cats so I'm happy to see a sabertooth dragon, even though it looks more like a pitbull...

That's because it is based off a pitbull (or was it bulldog?)

Oooh! That Hybrid makes me wish it was obtainable in cave and also not a Drake. 😄 Sooo many things I would love to breed them with.

The bulls are very nice, I'll probably like them more in a few days, I do love pibbles. But the hybrid! So pretty, love the colors.

I never mentioned how much I liked the Teal Drakes! The colors are very lovely!!

Edit:

On a different note, Drake Breeding because new Drakes!

Anyone have plans?

Edited by Shokomon

Two really great drakes, thank you spriters and TJ.

Love the Spotted Teal Drakes. Excellent pose, love the combined hues, and the smirky expression on their faces. Long, elegant wings and tail and great distinction between the mane and horns and the fins and back.

Not a fan of the Sabertooth Bull. I love the concept, but it seems like the sprite just doesn't do it justice. It's not that the art isn't good, clearly a talented spriter, but the angle and pose seem to hide much of the description's biggest points: the tusks and the spines. And I'm never a fan when the wings appear too small to lift the animal in question when the dragon/drake is (I believe) a flight-capable species. Also it's hard to separate the neck from the wing at first glance. Part of it I think is the simple limitations of a sprite size, but I simply think another angle and pose could have better suited this brutish breed. Do love the colors and expression and muscular build.

The Teal hybrid is very pretty.

Loved this release, needed one like it. Thank you TJ and spriters!

Has there happened to be any extra info from the spriters/creators about the new Drakes? Not trying to be pushy or demanding, I just know sometimes the creators give some details about their dragons in the release thread, and want to make sure I didn't miss anything about the Drakes :)  I'd love to know more about these two, but if there are no plans to say anything, that's fine as well!

1 hour ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Loved this release, needed one like it. Thank you TJ and spriters!

Agreed! A more leisurely release is very welcome at this point. Love the drakes. Nice to have a hybrid drake added as it was the only group without one.

Thanks to TJ, spriters and concepters for these.

Easiest raffle entry ever. Thanks, June release right before "hatch 6 eggs" July challenge.