S9429183F

Earthquake BSA kill rate?

What are the chances of eggs getting killed when using earthquake? I see that the kill rate for vampire bite BSA is pretty darn high, at least for me. 😅

I've killed 2 and 4 have survived. All were cantors - I do wonder if their rates are different, because it's the only way to get greens.

I had 2 Cantos to turn green. I didn't incubate and they had pretty good stats (sorry I didn't keep records) and large holes when I EQ'd them at 4days 7hours and 4days 5hours they both survived as "unaffected". But my "plan" was not to EQ other eggs, so...

I don’t really want to Earthquake when there are other eggs on my scroll that I can’t risk killing 😔

10 hours ago, RainDear said:

I had 2 Cantos to turn green. I didn't incubate and they had pretty good stats (sorry I didn't keep records) and large holes when I EQ'd them at 4days 7hours and 4days 5hours they both survived as "unaffected". But my "plan" was not to EQ other eggs, so...

Do fogged cantos turn green from Earthquake? From your experience? 

This BSA does affect fogged Eggs so I would assume yes they should turn green.

If you want to get green Cantors with minimal damage I would suggest to load up on Market Cantors and then Earthquake when you have nothing but those Cantor eggs on scroll. I did this and got 11 gren Cantors in two sittings, didn't loose any other eggs in the process.

Unless you need/want specific Biomes on your Cantors this seems the least stressfull way to do it. And you can just save shards and buy up to 8 Cantors, since they are only 100 shards each.

I EQd a grand total of 13 eggs in those 2 sittings and had 5 of 6 survive the first one and 7 of 7 survive the second (of those 7, one was a Pargulus hence it did not count towards the cantors however it was fogged and the BSA message included the fogged egg).

Edited by Nalyua

5 hours ago, S9429183F said:

I don’t really want to Earthquake when there are other eggs on my scroll that I can’t risk killing 😔

If you can find someone you trust to hold your other eggs for you while you do it.... That's what I did.

Best way to reduce risk is have a lot if views, and a big hole in all your eggs. I can say I used to use Earthquake a bunch and generally lost more to the AP than death. Raise normally and earthquake a couple hours before they'd hatch. Nothing completely rules out death, but you can reduce the chance a good bit.

I actually did two of mine as soon as I bred them, so that I could carry on breeding.

They lived. I was surprised !

Out of the 13 I did only 1 died, and they were all above 5 days some even nearly 7.

So I do not think this affects the BSA that much.