PonyTales

The Rainbow Gemshards Project - a PB EG lineage with a colourful twist

The Rainbow Gemshards Project

A purebred even gen lineage with a colourful twist!

-------------

Hello! I've decided to cheat on my pinks for a bit and work on something that everyone can participate in :)

-------------

What does this project look like?

Basically the lineage would look like this, and we can all swap eggs to see how far we can get! No need for a naming scheme, just careful breedings of the correct pairs on the correct days of the week (see spreadsheet below for the exact details)!

1bk8QUN.png

-------------

How do I participate?

Step 1: Post here and let me know which gen you'd like to work towards as a start (e.g. Gen 5) using the form below. I'll assign you a specific pattern and you can get started on breeding for it!

Forum name:
Scroll name:
What generation you would like to work towards:

Step 2: Key in your dragons' codes in the inbred checker in the lineage spreadsheet

Step 3: When you're done with building the part you have been assigned, you can contact other breeders to swap eggs to get to higher generations.

Step 4: ask to be assigned another part of the lineage to work on! 😊

Current breeding:

E1

1. PonyTales

E2

1. dragongrrl

E3

1. Chaosdawn

E4

1. Miraku

-------------

How do I keep track of which pairs to breed, and when to breed them?

I've created this spreadsheet for myself to keep track of the parents of eggs, and it'll also tell you what days to breed which eggs.

I've included some standardised names here so you can easily request for eggs (e.g. I need a B1 egg, a C2 egg) from other members of the lineage). There are only 6 "variations" of eggs per generation (denoted by 1-6).

Click here to get the spreadsheet, add yourself to the list of breeders and make a copy for yourself!

UgzqS8C.png

Edited by PonyTales

@PonyTales Very pretty. I would be happy to help but I am still working on getting 2 CB's of each color. I only have CB reds and yellows right now. 

I would be happy to gift you (or someone else working on this lineage) a B1 or B4 egg.

Edited by BringsTheSnow
Edited to match new naming

@BringsTheSnow

Thank you! I noticed a pattern in the generations:

If we want to swap 2nd gens, we can swap B1s with B7s, B2s with B8s and so forth with no issue. 

Same with 3rd gens (C1s = C7s, C2s = C8s) :) 

It's just the assembling that needs a bit of work. Maybe I'll rename the blocks so it is easier for everyone to know what we're talking about!

Edited by PonyTales

I will be watching this for now. I have NO CBs yet of the new colors. :( But I will.

2 minutes ago, PonyTales said:

@BringsTheSnow
If you didn't mind breeding, I'll need a B4 egg this Friday then I'll be set to breed D1 eggs ^^

You are in luck. My F Citrine will be able to breed again Friday afternoon! 

18 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

You are in luck. My F Citrine will be able to breed again Friday afternoon! 

Looking forward to it! :) I've got 5/8 of the gen 2 eggs to breed a E1!

This is such a pretty project and I would love to join! I have 4 CB pairs of each of the older gem colors, but only one market gem each of the three new ones. I will be working to acquire more.

I am working from my phone though, and can't use Google Docs from here. Is there a way that I can do this from my phone?

My Gems are here, take a look and let me know where you want me to start: https://dragcave.net/group/164881

10 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

This is such a pretty project and I would love to join! I have 4 CB pairs of each of the older gem colors, but only one market gem each of the three new ones. I will be working to acquire more.

I am working from my phone though, and can't use Google Docs from here. Is there a way that I can do this from my phone?

My Gems are here, take a look and let me know where you want me to start: https://dragcave.net/group/164881

Ah nice! No worries about using the google sheet, it's really just to help you keep track of where each dragon is supposed to go where.

You can start breeding the 2nd gens (B1 to B6) using the combinations below! Like Ruby (M) x Citrine (F) = B1 Ruby (M) or B4 Aqua (F) below. You'll need to have 2 separate B4s to make a 5th gen (as below).

I've pasted the specific combination that you would need to breed an E2 (the citrine gen 5). I'm currently working on an E1, so if you do E2 we can swap eggs at the end and get a gen 6!

Ed42pIv.png

Screenshot_20210618-134917_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dce653b365ce0a315fcb011522978d04.jpg

Guys, I am so sad right now. I have one more M CB Ruby I can pair my F Citrine with so I will try again next week. Sorry @PonyTales.

11 hours ago, PonyTales said:

Ah nice! No worries about using the google sheet, it's really just to help you keep track of where each dragon is supposed to go where.

You can start breeding the 2nd gens (B1 to B6) using the combinations below! Like Ruby (M) x Citrine (F) = B1 Ruby (M) or B4 Aqua (F) below. You'll need to have 2 separate B4s to make a 5th gen (as below).

I've pasted the specific combination that you would need to breed an E2 (the citrine gen 5). I'm currently working on an E1, so if you do E2 we can swap eggs at the end and get a gen 6!

Ed42pIv.png

Beautiful! I'll pick up another Citrine tomorrow so I can start breeding some this next week.

On 6/19/2021 at 1:55 AM, BringsTheSnow said:

Screenshot_20210618-134917_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dce653b365ce0a315fcb011522978d04.jpg

Guys, I am so sad right now. I have one more M CB Ruby I can pair my F Citrine with so I will try again next week. Sorry @PonyTales.

Awww that's ok, don't worry about it ❤️ thank you for trying!

On 6/19/2021 at 5:15 AM, dragongrrl said:

Beautiful! I'll pick up another Citrine tomorrow so I can start breeding some this next week.

Sweet I'll put you down as breeding for E2. Maybe members of this project can breed for 5th gen and then we swap from there (or 4th gen if they prefer) :) 

Oooh so pretty! I'll watch now and participate when I get the CBs. :)

On 6/18/2021 at 2:15 PM, dragongrrl said:

Picked up an egg yesterday to influence as a female Citrine, will try her for a B4 next Friday.

I can try for a B3 on this Monday, and my B5 on this Wednesday.

On 6/15/2021 at 7:24 AM, Chaosdawn said:

Oooo pretty. I'd like to participate. ^.^

I’ve updated how we could better coordinate the breedings, so let me know which gen you’d like to breed towards? :)

3 hours ago, Miraku said:

Oooh so pretty! I'll watch now and participate when I get the CBs. :)

When you’re ready fill in the form! 

1 minute ago, dragongrrl said:

Picked up an egg yesterday to influence as a female Citrine, will try her for a B4 next Friday.

I can try for a B3 on this Monday, and my B5 on this Wednesday.

yay progress! I’ve found that one egg a day has been really manageable for me ^^ It’s been really interesting having to keep days in mind when breeding!

1 hour ago, PonyTales said:

I’ve updated how we could better coordinate the breedings, so let me know which gen you’d like to breed towards? :)

Sweet, I haven't had any luck grabbing CBs of the new colors yet, I may have to get market eggs. XD

Forum name: Chaosdawn

Scroll name: Chaosdawn

What generation you would like to work towards: 5

5 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

Sweet, I haven't had any luck grabbing CBs of the new colors yet, I may have to get market eggs. XD

Forum name: Chaosdawn

Scroll name: Chaosdawn

Here's your gen 5 combo ❤️ 

yFXZkia.png

10 hours ago, PonyTales said:

When you’re ready fill in the form! 

I'll follow what @Chaosdawn is doing and get eggs from the market.

Forum name: Miraku

Scroll name: Miraku [https://dragcave.net/user/Miraku]

Umm, I would like to know what is this A1, A2 ..... Isn't everyone starting from A1? 

34 minutes ago, Miraku said:

I'll follow what @Chaosdawn is doing and get eggs from the market.

Forum name: Miraku

Scroll name: Miraku [https://dragcave.net/user/Miraku]

Umm, I would like to know what is this A1, A2 ..... Isn't everyone starting from A1? 

Hello! and welcome! To allow the lineage to reach higher gens more quickly, I'm assigning specific patterns of Gen 5s to people! For example, I'm working to put together the dragons needed for E1, and Chaosdawn is doing E3. This will allow us to swap Gen 5 eggs (instead of everyone starting from the top).

If you would like to do the same, here is your pattern! You'll be doing the E1/E4 pattern ^^ You can contact the other breeders of the E2, E3 patterns to swap 5th gen eggs when ready, so that we can all get to Gen 6/7 in the future.

SSFN704.png

1 hour ago, PonyTales said:

Hello! and welcome! To allow the lineage to reach higher gens more quickly, I'm assigning specific patterns of Gen 5s to people! For example, I'm working to put together the dragons needed for E1, and Chaosdawn is doing E3. This will allow us to swap Gen 5 eggs (instead of everyone starting from the top).

If you would like to do the same, here is your pattern! You'll be doing the E1/E4 pattern ^^ You can contact the other breeders of the E2, E3 patterns to swap 5th gen eggs when ready, so that we can all get to Gen 6/7 in the future.

SSFN704.png

Oh! I got it now. I was thinking small-scale. This is going to be a much bigger project.

Thanks for the explanation! I'll follow the pattern you provided and try to start breeding ASAP. 

7 hours ago, Miraku said:

Oh! I got it now. I was thinking small-scale. This is going to be a much bigger project.

Thanks for the explanation! I'll follow the pattern you provided and try to start breeding ASAP. 

Yay! With all the people breeding here we may be able to get to Gen 7 together ❤️