UnicornMaiden

Specify the Two Varieties of Floret Wyvern

I love the new encyclopedia updates, but this doesn't seem to be one of them. They are still listed as the same name. Can we please get this fixed?

Yes, this please!! I hate hate hate how there isn't any distinction for them (especially when there is for Xenos)!! Full support!

On 10/24/2021 at 1:44 AM, Melusina said:

Heaps of support.  This is driving me right up a tree in trading contexts, too.

This. I can't count how many times I've seen someone post a trade requesting 'Purple/Pink/Brown Floret' without specifying which variant they want because the variant names aren't used on the site, meaning I have to decide whether I should be biome hunting or breeding my Irises/Alstros together for my offer and risk picking the wrong variant (meaning wasted space on my scroll); if the site uses the variant names, people are more likely to follow suit and use those names too when asking for trades.

Full support from me.

I know I already posted in this thread, but I am popping back in to say that it really is just ridiculous that this hasn't been done already. They are clearly two different breeds as they are listed separately in the encyclopedia. So why don't they have different names? It is beyond confusing! Maybe it isn't as simple as it seems to me, but how hard can it be? Why did we get an encyclopedia update without this?

Since the recent update specified the variants for the Sonata dragons in the market I just want to ask again about getting the Floret wyverns labeled.

Bumping this up again.  I still can't remember which one is which.  Even clicking on an actual dragon on my scroll doesn't help, as there is nothing in the description to tell me which one it is.  I am constantly having to open up the WIKI to try to work out exactly what each dragon actually is!  Please, please, please can something be done about this? Pretty please! xx

I support anything that helps resolve dragon confusion. Florets are among the confusing.

Bump this. I usually have no problem naming but for this breed I have to multiple check wiki just to make sure I don't get it wrong. It will be great if they are like Xeno that have extra (_) on their name.

I support! I find the sorting on the scroll confusing as well. I'd like for all the Iris and Alstros to be grouped together on my scroll, instead of jumbled between one another.

Please label them. orz

Someone in the Help section is under the impression that they are the same breed with a sprite variant and doesn't understand why they can't unlock the rest of the sprites on both pages.

Good grief - I had no idea they sorted like that - I custom sort. But that really is dire; please define them !

Full support on this. I only have 2 florets and keep getting confused as to which breed each one is.

I still don't understand why this hasn't been done yet. Searching the hub and blindly guessing which floret category corresponds to which variant is a bizarre choice. Imagine if Guardian Avatars, Luminas, prizes and seasonals didn't have the parentheses clarifying the type...or, to go real crazy, holidays and xenos lol. We already have a system for this. just make Florets consistent with everything else please, it's been 2 and a half years.

Edited by MissK.

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Good grief - I had no idea they sorted like that - I custom sort. But that really is dire; please define them !

Yes, if you sort by breed the Irises and Alstros are all jumbled together. It separates them by color, but within each color group you could have a couple Irises, then a couple Alstros, then another Iris, etc. Here are some of my Florets with the breed sort:

Floret sort.png

I know - I had just tested when I offered up my group to the person trying to unlock them ! AWFUL !

I would love this update, love both florets and would like to be able to distinguish them easier.

It is possible that TJ doesn't want to change it. It may be a deliberate thing, in which case it isn't a matter of a "fix".

On 7/8/2021 at 11:26 PM, Pixxelation said:

I'd intended for them to be referred to on-site as Floret Wyvern (Iris) and Floret Wyvern (Alstroemeria), so this is also my wish, speaking as one of the artists.

I don't think it's deliberate because one of the artists has gone on record saying they intended for the two varieties to be labelled separately.