UnicornMaiden

Specify the Two Varieties of Floret Wyvern

We now have two varieties of Floret Wyvern: Iris and Alstroemeria. They have separate entries in the Encyclopedia, and they filter separately in the Trading Hub. However, both the Encyclopedia and the dropdown menu in the Hub list both varieties as simply "Floret Wyvern". The same is true in the market where all three eggs are labelled as "Floret Wyvern".

Other breeds that have multiple varieties have labels to differentiate them. For example: "Prize Dragon (Eastern)" and "Prize Dragon (Western)" or "Lumina Dragon" and "Lumina Dragon (Dark)". The Guardian Avatars, Seasonal Dragons, Xenowyrms, and Holiday Dragons are all labelled similarly.

I suggest that where their name appears they should be labelled as "Floret Wyvern (Iris)" and "Floret Wyvern (Alstroemeria)". It would make it easier to filter properly in the Hub, and it would make them consistent with the multiple-variety breeds I listed above.

Support, i kept breeding the wrong ones together now after checking the Wiki and i am mad since all my Florets are now on cooldown 😠

Edited by Yubelchen

50 minutes ago, UnicornMaiden said:

suggest that where their name appears they should be labelled as "Floret Wyvern (Iris)" and "Floret Wyvern (Alstroemeria)". It would make it easier to filter properly in the Hub, and it would make them consistent with the multiple-variety breeds I listed above.

This would also be very helpful in knowing if you got a new one or not [yes, the eggs are different colors but for some people it's hard to differentiate]

Full support

Support, any other breed that has variants like that also has different names. 

Not sure if it's just me but the names being exactly the same actually messes with the drop down menu in the trading hub. If I click the first "floret wyvern" on the list and filter for them, I get alstros. If I then open the menu again, alstros show second (it shows that that one is already selected, and if I try clicking the floret wyvern that now shows as first it gives me irises). Basically they keep switching around and it's very annoying lol. 

Complete support for this suggestion! I find the way they are listed now to be very confusing.

Complete support! It just doesn't make sense to have two identical breed-names when there are separate Encyclopedia/hub entries. It's confusing, especially in the hub since they are literally identical in the drop-down but each one will bring different results when filtering. 

6 hours ago, MissK. said:

Support, any other breed that has variants like that also has different names. 

Not sure if it's just me but the names being exactly the same actually messes with the drop down menu in the trading hub. If I click the first "floret wyvern" on the list and filter for them, I get alstros. If I then open the menu again, alstros show second (it shows that that one is already selected, and if I try clicking the floret wyvern that now shows as first it gives me irises). Basically they keep switching around and it's very annoying lol. 

I just double-checked and yeah, I hadn't realized that before! The order of 'Floret Wyvern' changes in the hub drop-down if you click one of them, that *has* to be a bug right? That can't possibly be intended. Right?

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Complete support! It just doesn't make sense to have two identical breed-names when there are separate Encyclopedia/hub entries. It's confusing, especially in the hub since they are literally identical in the drop-down but each one will bring different results when filtering. 

I just double-checked and yeah, I hadn't realized that before! The order of 'Floret Wyvern' changes in the hub drop-down if you click one of them, that *has* to be a bug right? That can't possibly be intended. Right?

Hot damn - I thought I was imagining that. (I am very old...) But yeah - please fix that !

I agree. It'd be nice to not have to blindly click one and hope it's the variant you want. Please implement this!!

Support. I also would add that logically it seems that the older Floret should appear above the newer Floret in the Trading Hub list. (Currently, it’s the other way around.)

It seems to me that the older one that’s been around longer should be listed first.

Edited by missy_

They are currently listed alphabetically, which makes sense to me.

But it would be nice if it showed the type in parenthesis like Floret Wyvern (Iris), as the Xenos are listed. 

I'd intended for them to be referred to on-site as Floret Wyvern (Iris) and Floret Wyvern (Alstroemeria), so this is also my wish, speaking as one of the artists.

Yes, please add the (Iris) and (Alstroemeria) tags to the Florets!  +1 support!

1 hour ago, schenanigans said:

I hadn’t considered that. It does make sense.

It would probably have been more obvious to me if the names have been next to them. (New names can be challenging for me to learn, but seeing the names in parentheses would have caused me to realize they were in alphabetical order.)

5 hours ago, schenanigans said:

But it would be nice if it showed the type in parenthesis like Floret Wyvern (Iris), as the Xenos are listed. 

It would make sense, except it's broken in the trading hub menu. As I mentioned in a previous post, they keep flipping around when you filter for one of them, which makes it extra confusing and I can only assume it's a problem because of the names being identical. 

Definitely support adding the Iris and Alstroemeria names in parentheses, that seems to be the case for all other variants so why not these?

Edited by MissK.

Support. It took me ages to realise which was which just in general.

16 hours ago, schenanigans said:

Not in the encyclopedia they aren't.

+1 Support so we can get some consistency.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Not in the encyclopedia they aren't.

+1 Support so we can get some consistency.

Yeah they don't sort in the scroll that way either, I was mostly referring to the hub as every time I happened to use it, they had been on top - and then I was just victim of the random flip flopping the other day, lol. So hopefully if it all gets fixed then they sort consistently everywhere. 

@TJ09 Since this is a simple fix that everyone seems to agree on, including one of the artists, could we please have your word on it?

Support! "Floret Wyvern (Iris)" and "Floret Wyvern (Astroemeria)" it should be!