High Lord November

Encyclopedia Inconsistencies

Hi! I was just double-checking to make sure my DG hatchling was an alt, and I saw this was written in the encyclopedia:

• Colour/number of flowers appears dimorphic: females yellow (3), males red (2)

This is bizarre because you can have male and female alts (3 yellow flowers) and male and female normal (2 red flowers). I'm assuming this is a mistake?

Edited by High Lord November

38 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

This is bizarre because you can have male and female alts (3 yellow flowers) and male and female normal (2 red flowers). I'm assuming this is a mistake?

I had to go look at my Dark Greens, and yeah...all my regular, no matter gender have the red while my alts, not matter the gender, have the yellow.

Either:

A. It's a mistake

B. It's a lore detail of the breed not present in the sprites [ex. According to the encylopedia: "Have yet to see two Nebula dragons with the exact same pattern, but several have similar patterns." - all nebula share the same four sprites]

C. There may be a "sprite update" coming that's going to add dimorphism **unlikely in my opinion as why update the encylopedia before the Sprite**

I feel A or B is most likely, but that's just me

I've never noticed that in the encyclopedia, but yeah it's probably just 'flavor text'. A lot of encyclopedia entries have extra details that aren't/can't really be shown on the sprite (like the above nebula example, as well as nebulas saying 'It is entirely possible for a black and white patterned Nebula to exist' when there is no such thing in the game).  Although it does seem strange that specific flower color/number would be mentioned if it's just downright *wrong* as opposed to simply something 'extra' like the nebbie examples. 

Yeah, I totally get that there is extra lore and flavour in the encyclopedia. This one just very specifically points out that the normal variant, which has two red flowers, should be male, and the alt variant, which has three yellow flowers, should be female. It's not dimorphic as the text suggests.

I think technically the alt green might be showing this dimorphism. Normal green has 2 red flowers, alt has 3 yellows. Or rather, a way to explain the alt in lore?

All girl normals are trans and all male alts are trans I don't make the rules. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unrelated to Dark Green, but I’ve just noticed there are only two additional rows in my Gemshard encyclopedia. Shouldn’t there be three?

ETA: Thanks, Tini.

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

Unrelated to Dark Green, but I’ve just noticed there are only two additional rows in my Gemshard encyclopedia. Shouldn’t there be three?

Additional rows unlock on view/own of the new thing iirc.