Paradisiske

Another trophy level with more egg/freeze slots included

Oh goodness no, please let's not go back to having 'bred slots'. If we have eggslots open we should be able to fill them however we want. I would *not* want an 'egg slot increase' if there was that sort of limitation on it.

I understand some people get frustrated when they can't get a new release on the first day, but that's no reason to punish the entire playerbase. New releases *are* permanent, after all, other people shouldn't be limited just because some people really really really hate not getting them the very first day. I still haven't even *seen* a Staterae in the biomes, that doesn't mean I don't want others to have them!  (Also, this assumes that all players with fast connections actually grab as many new releases as they can get every time, which simply isn't true. I use my egg slots for other things as well during new releases.)

Totally agree with HeatherMarie. I hated that bred slot when we had it - it was so limiting. And while it's fun to get everything on the release day - bred slots really wouldn't help that, and would limit the activities of those who just want to get on with playing.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Bred slots are NOT part of this suggestion. People are free to make their own suggestion for bred slots.

I also support this. 

I’m perpetually locked with 8 eggs— because I’ve been trying to catch up on releases I’ve missed while I was just coming back for holidays and casually collecting here and there. I never did lineages, I just wanted to collect two pairs of each dragon and leave. 

Since returning a few months ago, I’ve created 55 groups for lineage plans and I can only breed a couple eggs a week because there are so many “new to me” breeds I need to collect. 

Having something like increased egg/hatchling slots would give us something new to work towards, especially since it’s been at least over 10 years?? since we got the Platinum slot increase. 

2 hours ago, mishhelle said:

Having something like increased egg/hatchling slots would give us something new to work towards, especially since it’s been at least over 10 years?? since we got the Platinum slot increase. 

Actually it's only been 5 years, the Platinum trophy was introduced for DC's 11th birthday in 2017.  

Support.

There are a lot of dragons, and the most recent release (while I wasn't here for it) was large and had way more breeds than we could get* with the current limit. I always want to get 2 cb of each breed, and if I'd been here for the release I'd have had a hard time deciding which to prioritize. The Care Package release was one that similarly had a large number of released dragons. I love both releases - don't get me wrong - but they made it difficult to decide what to get.

Plus there's just so many dragons. I'd support 10/30 or 9/27, but with a lean towards 10/30.

*We could get one of each, but not 2 of each

Edited by Serotina

Support. DC has grown in every other aspects, more breeds, more holidays, more players, more alts&hybryds, more mechanics (meaning more frustration when RNG fails you)

It is time that slots grow too! 

Ofc people will allways ask for more, but 5y with at least 24 new breeds/y is a lot. In 5y time maybe we'll need a new update, or maybe the game will be dead, who knows? You can't deny progress and growth because MAYBE you'll need to grow again in the future!

(And bonus, more slots is a guarantee the cave and AP walls will move faster, as hunters will have more slots to fill)

Support for more egg slots! Although that mean I need another 10 years to get if doubling. :P

The best choice for me should be +1 egg limits to each level of trophy or different trophy types or maybe something like use shards to buy a limited slot, but I'll support anything to get more egg slots because everyone need it. :wub:

I hope to see this implemented. As others before have said, as long as the site is growing so should our capacity to hold eggs. Full support :)

I also wanted to add that having something like a tangible goal to work towards in essentially what would be considered a “sandbox” game would give a lot of players more reasons to stay and older players more reasons to continue breeding/expanding.

Edited by boscodelta

I would love to see more large scroll benefits. 

On 6/26/2021 at 12:56 AM, HeatherMarie said:

I'll add my support, I'm a bit skeptical we'll actually get higher trophies with higher limits (just based on some old stuff TJ said) but no real reason not to support. Personally I'd prefer the next trophy to be at 2,000 simply because it's double the current high-trophy, the same way the then-new Platinum was double the then-highest Gold trophy. 

I'll also mention that while I know suggestions of higher trophies are often prompted by wanting more slots, I'd be totally happy with higher trophies that were more just status-markers with no increased benefits. Personally I'd *love* to have multiple higher trophies including some that even us long-time players may not be at yet... When the Platinum was implemented I just got it automatically because I had well over 1k by then. A new 2k (or even 5k) trophy I'd get immediately as well.... I'd love to have a trophy to actually work towards, instead of just new trophies that a lot of us will just get immediately because we are already past that number. The numbers would need to be realistic of course (some of the older threads had ridiculously high numbers proposed), but yeah. That's why I mention trophies without increased slots, simply because it's probably more likely to get *multiple* higher trophies if they don't necessarily include those benefits. 

.... Maybe if there are a handful of new trophies added, every other one comes with higher benefits? Like, it would go Platinum, then Diamond with no increase, then Emerald with an increase, then Sapphire without, then Ruby with.... (Just grabbing trophy-names from the earlier linked thread for demonstration sake). (While I'm aware people asking for higher trophies probably wouldn't want it to go this way, I'm just putting it out there since it seems possibly more likely than continuing to add trophies with benefits each time...)

I am with you actually. I would crave extra slots. But it could also unlock other benefits, maybe like defrost. (these could be retroactive to other levels) or maybe an extra holiday egg for those limited holiday dragons. But I also agree with having a badge to try to work toward. I'd get a 2 and a 5k myself. Having bragging power would be nice. 5K trophy, 10K 20K so on and so forth

11 hours ago, Starscream said:

I am with you actually. I would crave extra slots. But it could also unlock other benefits, maybe like defrost. (these could be retroactive to other levels) or maybe an extra holiday egg for those limited holiday dragons. But I also agree with having a badge to try to work toward. I'd get a 2 and a 5k myself. Having bragging power would be nice. 5K trophy, 10K 20K so on and so forth

Yeaaahhh I’m really on board with this ^ an extra holiday dragon would be amazing but I’d take even just an empty trophy if nothing else. (Would never complain about more slots though lol) 

I support at least one extra trophy and egg slot increase, it not two, with so many new releases, and massive releases like birthdays, it would make it much easier to collect them and collect pairs as well.

20 hours ago, Starscream said:

I don't care one way or the other - but I would not be OK with "extra benefits". And I post as one who would probably be entitled to them. It just adds further division. TJ has always said "level playing field"; allowing - say - unfreeze only to people with lots of dragons doesn't feel like that to me. There are many players who don't collect  for numbers, and that would disadvantage their playstyle.

8 hours ago, boscodelta said:

Yeaaahhh I’m really on board with this ^ an extra holiday dragon would be amazing but I’d take even just an empty trophy if nothing else. (Would never complain about more slots though lol) 

But yes - more egg slots is always nice ! Badges are nice too, even empty ones (Beat the Heat I'm looking at you !)

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't care one way or the other - but I would not be OK with "extra benefits". And I post as one who would probably be entitled to them. It just adds further division. TJ has always said "level playing field"; allowing - say - unfreeze only to people with lots of dragons doesn't feel like that to me. There are many players who don't collect  for numbers, and that would disadvantage their playstyle.

But yes - more egg slots is always nice ! Badges are nice too, even empty ones (Beat the Heat I'm looking at you !)

fair fair. I do love my beat the heat badge ❤️ I wish we had more stuff like that.

15 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm fine with the "extra benefits" being things like, say, an extra kill slot (though for that, I'd want to see it retroactive and give you, like, one per trophy level with the base of 5 rather than all extra slots being locked to a new trophy), or an extra unfreeze slot if that feature ever got added, seeing as you already get extra egg and freeze slots as you get higher trophies and all.  But I wouldn't want an entire ability to be locked behind a trophy.

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There are many players who don't collect  for numbers, and that would disadvantage their playstyle.

That would apply to my playing style-I only collect sprites, so having two adult sprites that don't have dimorphism is rare for me (only in regards to prizes and the scourgekeeper, as well as Reds, Pinks, and Magis) so unless TJ suddenly decides to release a flood of dragons that all have dimorphism down to the hatchlings I won't be able to collect dragons at a fast enough pace for me to get unfreeze or other options. 

That said, I'm all for more trophies. I feel like there are many others who don't have the same playstyle as I do, such as building lineages or amassing armies or so forth, who do need that trophy and the extra egg slots. Support. 

More egg/freeze slots also mean people have more bearing capacity. If people no need to worry about no slot to continue their lineage, we may no need to skip some month's new releases and we can have more new dragons in NR. I think it is a positive cycle for everyone. :P

Full support, with the prettiest of pleases!! I don't care if it's a 3,000 dragon requirement or 6,000+, we just need more egg slots!! Especially with the sheer amount of dragons and the frequency of new releases, my growing dragon limit is absolutely full 90% of the time, and if there were someway to get more would help out with this "over-saturation" period that DC is currently in tons!!

Posted (edited)

I've been thinking about this a lot today.  I would love more eggslots.  I understand that there are playstyles that don't gain dragons very quickly and that those players may have difficulty reaching a new goal.  But if the only benefit to the new trophy levels is more eggslots...  those are the people who probably don't crave additional slots like some of the rest of us do, right? 

Edited by Terrafreaky