Paradisiske

Another trophy level with more egg/freeze slots included

I definitely support more egg and hatchie slots. Especially since we (very rarely, but it has happened) sometimes get giant release events which include anywhere from 5-8 different breeds. That "Care package" birthday release in 2020 and DC's 10th Birthday come to mind, back wehn we first got Coppers and the Frills and Old pinks returned. That was pure chaos for some.

I agree. As the number of dragon breeds increases the scroll limits should to. However, I wouldn't have it as a linear progression (1500 for 'diamond' and 2000 for 'whatever else'). Given that more egg slots allow you to attain higher numbers faster, the limits would need to increase in a more exponential pattern. Currently they are approximately doubled for each tier, so I think it makes sense for 2000 dragons to open a tier for 9/27

3 hours ago, EarlGreyGlitch said:

I agree. As the number of dragon breeds increases the scroll limits should to. However, I wouldn't have it as a linear progression (1500 for 'diamond' and 2000 for 'whatever else'). Given that more egg slots allow you to attain higher numbers faster, the limits would need to increase in a more exponential pattern. Currently they are approximately doubled for each tier, so I think it makes sense for 2000 dragons to open a tier for 9/27

Agreed. Though it's not a perfect doubling, the general gap between trophies we have so far is still relatively consistent. And keeping in mind that we got bronze/silver/gold implemented all at once, and then Platinum came much later, and that much-later Platinum was exactly double the previous highest trophy (500 for Gold, 1000 for Platinum)... I think it makes more sense to go about it in a similar manner. The next trophy should be 2k, twice as much as the Platinum. If we get a trophy higher than that it would make sense to be at 4k. 

We also must keep in mind, though, just how realistic the numbers actually are. As I've mentioned before, some earlier threads regarding higher trophies suggested ridiculously high numbers that only a few players would ever actually hit, and that doesn't really make sense to implement a trophy (and corresponding increased-slots) for a number only a few users will ever reach.  We can't please everyone here, since some users are only interested in collecting one or two of each breed and may play for years without even hitting Silver trophy, but in general 2k and then 4k seems fairly realistic. Numbers like 10k+, imo, is simply too high to be of much use. 

Support, and mega extra uber support if we got extra freeze slots as well. We don't have enough and by gum its so frustrating when you want to work on completing your scroll, but you blazed through your hatchling slots and now have to wait an age because you don't need anything else :V

Logically, I think it makes sense to expand up to 15, but it should be astronomical to do so. I would definitely like to see 10/30 at the least, even if it has a step in-between like 9/25. 

I support this suggestion, but would also like to see something else included - like more Kill/Freezing slots... 

3 hours ago, caya said:

I support this suggestion, but would also like to see something else included - like more Kill/Freezing slots... 

Freezeing already goes up with trophy levels, so persumably it would continue to do so. 

More kill slots, given how many sprites require this action definitely needs an increase 

40 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Freezeing already goes up with trophy levels, so persumably it would continue to do so. 

More kill slots, given how many sprites require this action definitely needs an increase 

Huh, guess I've been so used to my freeze slots that I totally couldn't remember. :') 

I can definitely get behind this. It feels like the kind of thing that should slowly increase over time as the number of available breeds increases - if we have more space, we can pick up more older breed / blocker eggs, somewhat combating the other issues people are currently trying to resolve.

4 hours ago, Xopwe said:

No support.

Why no support? Not giving a reason makes it hard to improve the idea, is there some reason you don't like the suggestion as it stands? Anything you could suggest that would make it better in your eyes?

I support this idea! I would greatly appreciate more egg slots, haha.

I think something like 9/27 at 2000 and 10/30 at 4000 would roughly follow the pattern we've seen so far? It's not like we've run out of dragons to put on the trophies, either!

Support if it’s something achievable like 2000 dragons. By achievable, I mean that a casual player (collecting a few eggs per breed) could reach it if they keep playing a while. No support if it’s something like 10000, as few players have reached this milestone yet. Ideally the trophies would grow with DC’s species number.

Support for a 2k trophy! 10/30 sounds reasonable as a suggested egg/hatchling increase as well.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:58 AM, FiveSix said:

9/27 and 10/30 tiers would be brilliant, support from me.

1.5k and 2k as requirements are a bit lower than I'd expect but I wouldn't be unhappy at all if that was what we got.

This seems right to me.  I would think the next logical leap should be at 2500 at the lowest, and maybe 5 or 10k after that.  

Sometimes between events and games and holidays (the summer, say), there's a bit of a slog factor, and during the long wanders away from this game I've taken in the last decade, it's tended to happen during those periods.  The reason I've stayed engaged since last Valentine's or so, when I stumbled back into this, has been having some stuff to work toward even in sloggy times of the year.  But now I've got the trophies maxed out, soooo...  meh.  I'll be around, I suspect, through the spate of relatively close-spaced holidays upcoming, especially since I've pretty reliably missed them before and I have catching up to do.  But I'd love some trophy stuff to reach for to keep me engaged after that.  TL;DR: it just seems like good sense to do something like this to keep people engaged as they keep playing.  You have to have some commitment to hit the current top, but I'm proof you can goof off, wander away, and still hit the current top fairly easily.

Also, I'm about keeping the fancy metal theme and not going to gems or other precious materials, especially since we have a rich trove of fantasy metals to choose from.  Like, look at this Wikipedia list, which has several that are used in a number of fantasy stories from Tolkien to Final Fantasy games and such.  We're also missing actual fancy-sounding metals like titanium, iridium, & alloys like electrum (which okay would probably be lower down the list but is still nifty and has cool history).  

2500, 5000 and 10,000 seem like good increments to me. Since I know there are several members closing in on 30,000 dragons, and I am almost to 8,000, planning for the future is always a plus. Once we have used the jewelry metals, I do favor the Gemstones for introducing higher levels, i.e., Pearl, Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, Diamond. :wub:

I know I would have at least 15,000 myself if not for my computer-less hiatus, and I still like my idea posted in Unreasonable Demands so long ago. I could seriously fill 100+ egg slots now. XD

Edited by dragongrrl

+1 support for this. I also like the idea of having each requirement being (roughly) 2x the previous one. 

(i.e. Platinum 1000 -> [Next level] 2000 -> [Next next level] 4000) 

On 9/21/2021 at 8:36 AM, DragonLady86 said:

Pls.

Edit: Also ditto what dragongrrl said above me about gemstone names for new higher level trophies.

Edited by OMGitsKairi

This is way over due. Please, PLEASE can we have a Christmas present of a couple new levels? We should be up to 10/30 by now for 4,000 + armies. Definitely for this idea!

I'd support almost anything that gave us more egg slots. There are always more things I want to raise than I have space for, and 2000 dragons for the theoretical next step is completely feasible for a casual player. One pretty common scroll goal I see is a m/f pair of each dragon that that's possible for, and a m/f/u set of frozen hatchlings. Accounting for color variants and things like leetle trees, dinos, sinomorphs, etc. which have fewer genders and forms available, I figured that you'd have 1802 dragons once you'd collected all those. My math may not be perfect but it's a useful ballpark figure, I think. If the next proposed trophy is at 1500 dragons you'd hit it easily in the pursuit of that scroll goal. If it's at 2000 you'd still hit it fairly easily if you do lineages or collect armies or grab a bunch of random eggs just to give them funny names. 2500 seems high for the next level after platinum, though, and I think 10,000 is way too high to be a useful trophy level. I know some people must have hit that, but I've been on here since 2012 and I'm not even close to that many. I'd most support a new level at 2000 (9/27), and another at 5000 (10/30), and I'd prefer no levels beyond that.

Surprised I haven't posted in this before but much support. Honestly even if there are no slot raises I'd want more trophies to work towards.  There could even be different kinds of trophies for different things to add some more fresh feelings into the game...

Anyway, I think good numbers for next two levels would be 2000/2500 and 4000/5000. Any higher is just for selected few and seems counterproductive as very inaccessible. Some spoilered approximate calculations for players not ahead on numbers below. 

Spoiler

Considering right now upon reaching 1000 it would take 8-9 months to reach 2000 if you kept yourself egg/scrolllocked almost entire time; to reach 2500 12-15 months since there can be about 100-120 grown dragons a month if you try hard enough. Though honestly, at that point getting burnt out wouldn't surprise me. If we assume increase to 9/27 then it honestly doesn't affect much since the numbers only go up 115-135 a month. Making the next level 15-26 months away (min of 135 a month for 2500->4000 and max of 115 a month for 2000->5000).  At that point something like 10000 is AT LEAST another 3 years of had work. That's just not tangible goal accessible to most of userbase at all.  So if there were any trophies added at that or higher, they should not have any reward.

All in all, if the slot increases follow the  +1/+3 formula, at higher numbers it's like drop in a sea and barely affects your speed so the goals shouldn't raise that quickly in comparison. If you look at the previous goals, the required dragons increase % was also going down. Oorr....we should be given higher increase that keeps even numbers like 10/30 and 12/36. I definitely wouldn't say no to that. 🥰

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by Alwerien

It would be wonderful, but there should be a limit of 8 eggs from the Cave. If you have 8 cb eggs, you take two BRED eggs (or breed them yourself, as it had been before the Change) but not a 9th cb. 

Hear me out.

During a common release, when (in theory) there are plenty of eggs for everyone, people with slower connections can't get more than 1-2 eggs the first days (and more often than not, even those are traded / gifted, not self caught) because people with faster connection snatch them from the biomes.  Now, when these fast-connected people catch their 8th egg and get locked, the slower people have a chance until the faster ones unlock. If you let fast people have 10 new eggs, the slow ones will only get the empty cave. Not fun. 

With rarer releases, especially with Halloween releases, it would be even worse.

But!!! Even during an event or a release, people would still have two egg slots dedicated to lineage projects.