Paradisiske

Another trophy level with more egg/freeze slots included

Well, I couldn't care less about more trophies, but I sure could use more egg/hatchie slots! ;)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Well, I couldn't care less about more trophies, but I sure could use more egg/hatchie slots! ;)

This. I'm not into "awards" but I AM into space.

Most of the time the 8 egg slots are sufficient for me. Where this would really make a difference is with holiday breeding. We have over a dozen different breeds for each holiday with only one week per year in which to breed them. Every year that we get new holiday breeds it will get tighter and tighter to try and breed all our holiday lineages within that timeframe. That's a big reason why it would be so helpful to get more trophy levels.

I'm generally scroll-locked 24/7 and don't have the space to do all I would like to accomplish, so please, please, please, more egg slots and total slots, please?

( I still want my unreasonable demand of 8 egg/24 total slots per 1000 dragons owned...) ;)

I think, at this point, it'd make sense to increase slots as dragon breeds are so much more plentiful.

The holiday thing has been brought up, but just in general there's so many breeds now that it can be a challenge to juggle trying to decide if you want to hunt the AP/Cave for dragons that you still need to collect or work on a lineage project--or which lineage project because there's so many breeds plenty of people have multiple projects they want to work on.  (I juggle several at once, personally)

4 hours ago, KageSora said:

The holiday thing has been brought up, but just in general there's so many breeds now that it can be a challenge to juggle trying to decide if you want to hunt the AP/Cave for dragons that you still need to collect or work on a lineage project--or which lineage project because there's so many breeds plenty of people have multiple projects they want to work on.  (I juggle several at once, personally)

Exactly this. And with the releases we've had lately with so many variants and tricky ways of getting them, it just exacerbates the problem. I have not been able to concentrate on breeding lineages for months now. I fit in some breeding here and there between trying to get all the new dragons, but all my projects are pretty much stalled at the moment.

Same, basically. I don't have lineage projects but I do have specific scroll-goals and every month those get pushed aside to get the new releases, and then pushed aside more because multiple variants and hard-to-get variants and such... There are breeds from last year I still only have two or three of because I have to prioritize newer things when those newer things may be more uncommon or take longer to get. I have a running list of 'breeds I only need 1 or 2 more of' and some of those breeds have stayed on that list for years now, again just because with such limited slots there always has to be major prioritizing. 

I feel like the current max was sufficient for a long time, but especially in the last two years with so many new breeds and variants we've just gotten to a place where the number of things to collect so far outpaces the slots we have that even consistent players have hard times keeping up.  I do still prefer the next trophy to be at 2,000 simply because it makes more sense, but it's not that big a deal. I'd also still really really like multiple new trophies, whether all of them come with increased slots or not, though I acknowledge increased slots are needed at least above what we have now.

I definitely support more egg/hatchling slots, more freeze slots, more kill slots (which is another thread already, where it's been suggested kill slots could increase with trophy level).

More trophy levels seems like an easy/clear way to do it, but I'd be happy with more slots for every X dragons collected after Platinum, too. In that case, I suppose it could be infinite? A new egg slot (and the rest) for every 1,000 dragons, maybe?  I would just prefer that if there is a cap, it end at a multiple of 8, since that seems to work best for lineage building (and at least let it be an even number!)

I'm not so interested in getting just a trophy that doesn't come with any benefits.

Yeah, we're at the point where the usual winter breather months are necessary for a lot of people--my goals are pretty lax, and i'm still massively behind on a lot of them. More slots would alleviate that a lot.

I 100% support this but unfortunately it's starting to look like these suggestion posts get ignored.  😕  The fact that this topic keeps coming up and nothing is ever done with it doesn't give me a lot of hope.

It took years for name change to happen. 

We did get the platinum trophy. I am hopeful we could get like 1 or 2 more.

I support this. I think adding more egg & hatchie slots isn't an unreasonable request. Didn't we get like 16 new dragons during this past birthday drop? I like to have CBs with the date of release, but with only 8 slots I had to pick & chose what to get. I was glad some of them were dragons that yu could get by breeding as that let me have the time to catch the CBs I wanted for scroll goals, which I sadly had to cut due to the sheer amount of new dragons vs my egg slots & I still haven't even finished breeding them all. XD I remember starting out with 4 slots plus a bred one & "trading" by carefully coordinating an egg toss with the friend I wanted to trade with, but we got trophies & an increase in egg slots. The only issue with the egg slots as they stand now are the odd numbered slots. I think I was at a silver level when they came out & while 7 egg slots was awesome, it was a pain as that meant you could only get 3 pairs & an odd one. XD But finally reaching that 8th slot was great as that gave me 4 pairs. So I think if we were to add more slots, which I hope we get, it would be nice if they were all adjusted so that everyone has an even number of egg/hatchie slots to start with, like 4/6/8/10/12 eggs & as someone suggested timing the total slots by 4, so you get 16/24/32/40/48. It would give players something to strive for. I also think it would be nice, if just for the bday month, and more specifically, the actual day of the drop, we could get an increase in slots just to accommodate the all the new eggs & it would be good only for that day. So if we get 20 eggs/new dragons that dropped on the site's birthday, you'd get 20 slots. If for whatever reason you missed logging in that day, you're out of luck & if you can only catch 4 eggs before getting egg-locked, before the bday, you're back to those 4 days the day after it even though those 20 new eggs are still dropping. Then everyone wins, no? :D

People have already mentioned holiday breeding as a reason for more slots and I agree. But holiday breeding generally requires building or trading for non-holiday mates during the year. With so many new dragons and variants to worry about getting, plus keeping up (or attempting to) with other breeding projects, I will find myself woefully unprepared for holiday breeding this year simply because there has been no time to properly plan and build mates.

We have sooooo many more dragons than we did when we got that 8th egg slot, lo these many years ago! I think it is definitely time to reconsider and increase those egg/hatchie slots. I won't ask for unlimited slots -- although my unreasonable self wants to! -- but really would like to see a steady increase based on our scroll size.

9/27 and 10/30 tiers would be brilliant, support from me.

1.5k and 2k as requirements are a bit lower than I'd expect but I wouldn't be unhappy at all if that was what we got.

More complex requirements as sorenna suggests would be interesting but would need to be in keeping with the general DC theme that you can collect whatever you want and set your own goals, and I think requiring a specific number of different breeds would not be suitable for that (unless it was so low as to be effectively trivial for most players at the required scroll size, in which case why bother). I find it hard to imagine what would be a suitable challenge without overly directing playstyle.

I support this as well. Not sure about the trophy, I remember TJ saying a very firm "that's it, no more trophies" but even he couldn't have had any idea at that time how the game would progress.   As for egg slots, as already stated, we have a much more complex game now with different variants seemingly becoming the norm, so I think it's more than ready for a review to add more slots to scrolls.

On 9/5/2021 at 5:32 PM, purplehaze said:

We have sooooo many more dragons than we did when we got that 8th egg slot, lo these many years ago! I think it is definitely time to reconsider and increase those egg/hatchie slots. I won't ask for unlimited slots -- although my unreasonable self wants to! -- but really would like to see a steady increase based on our scroll size.

That sounds interesting. I think it would be fair and natural to have an increasing space on our scrolls based on their size, especially for those dedicated players that have around here for years.

I got ninjad.

Maybe more trophies per se wouldn't be necessary, just the increase based on scroll size, something like 0.1% of your total grown/frozen dragons gets you an extra egg slot (and their respective hatchie slots), for example if you have 15k dragons your scroll limits would be 15/45. How many players have 15k dragons? In my particular case this proposal would work when I'd reach 9k dragons and it will take years for me to get there.

Anyway, I was just mentioning an idea but I support an increase of limits. 

I would't mind an eggslot/hatchie-slot increase...but I don't see the point in trophies with no effects. That's just wanting extras for the sake of extras. If it has no effect on slot count, why have it?

All for extra slots.

No to extra trophies "just because". If it doesn't effect slot increases, why?

4 hours ago, animatedrose said:

I would't mind an eggslot/hatchie-slot increase...but I don't see the point in trophies with no effects. That's just wanting extras for the sake of extras. If it has no effect on slot count, why have it?

All for extra slots.

No to extra trophies "just because". If it doesn't effect slot increases, why?

I am interested in more slots. But not for more trophies. I have never really seen the point.

Trophies and slots have always been connected to one another. I see no reason to suddenly disconnect them.

I see no reason to keen adding trophies either. And as is often said about any suggestion, when someone says why change anything -  "just because it has always been so doesn't mean it has to stay that way."

But that's because I never saw the reason for calling them trophies. I'd always have been perfectly fine with saying "at 500 adults you get another egg slot" and so on.

Yes please! At the current rate, we may even need to up it every 1 or 2 years. 

I support having another trophy after platinum (I feel like 2500 is a good milestone?) for 10 eggs and 30 hatchies

But I would also like other awards of some sort for other milestones past this; before reaching 1000 eggs, I used to pick up lots of eggs on the AP just to fill my slots up for a higher dragon count, but now that there's no need to, I don't have much motivation to pick up eggs from there.  Having more milestones would be nice motivation to get more dragons. 

I don't think there's much need for more slots past 10/30, but it might be kinda of nice to get a small reward, like 1000 shards per additional milestone or something? Not a ridiculous amount but enough for it to at least be somewhat worthwhile.