HeatherMarie

new-alt Sapphire hatchlings have old description

This has been mentioned multiple times in the release thread but I haven't seen anyone 'official' comment on it and that thread goes so fast I figured it might get better attention here. Is the new Sapphire's hatchling description intentional, or has it just not been changed? The eggs have the same issue, but since the eggs are originally the blue type and have to be 'turned' that at least makes some sense. But it doesn't make much sense for a mostly-pink or mostly-yellow hatchling to have a description with a definitely-wrong color.

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s a brilliant blue-green color.

Infi said on discord they just didn't have the time to think of new descriptions. So its intentional, but has a decent chance to get edited down the line. 

It is bugging the heck out of everyone to see them called blue-green lol.

Ha!  Glad I'm not the only one!  My first thought was, "Did the Rainbow Sort software write this?" because I saw it on a yellow Sapph hatchie and went, '....well, I guess blue+yellow is basically green????'  :D

Free suggestions are generally worth what you pay for them, of course, :D but it did occur to me that it'd be cute if the description just added a couple words when the alt appeared:

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s a brilliant blue-green color... Isn't it?

or

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s a brilliant blue-green color.  Wait a minute--!

or

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s a brilliant blue-green color.  Or it was!

Something along those lines, anyway.  You get the idea.  :)  It would be fun, and also might serve as a bit of a hint to someone seeing them for the first time that they didn't start out that color.

Edited by sorenna

Oh I really like the first and last suggestions!  Maybe they could be combined to something like "It’s a brilliant blue-green color... or at least you thought it was?" :D 

I love this idea of being confused about the dragon color xD 
I support the overrall change!

Edit: Oh wait, it's not a suggestion, confusion overboard

Edited by Nightmon