Corteo

Provide a teleport link on a dragon's action page

Because sometimes I don't want to find my magi dragons or go to the market page.

Edited by Corteo

.... But you don't have to go looking for your magis to use teleport. Click the Trading tab, it will show a Magi and a link to create a teleport (if you have one available). 

Yeah I just realized that.  I do think a natural place to link it would also be the creature that you want to teleport.  Then you don't even have to select which egg/hatchling on a separate menu.

While I get the reasoning, Teleport is a *breed*-specific action, meaning it's tied to Magis. It doesn't make much sense to have it in the actions of every single creature. It's not their BSA. (And why just Teleport? I'd say an action-page link to Incubate and Influence would be used much more often... And Ward, eggs are the only things that need Warding so shouldn't all eggs show that one?)

I would say adding influence, incubate, and ward quick links would be a major quality of life improvement too!  Great idea. 

I'd love to see those actions in the dragon action link too! Totally in favour of the idea Cort ❤️

That sounds awesome, yes please! Also precog and fert would be handy! (also, a note a la "this dragon is already fertilized" would be nice, I don't want to go to re-fertilize something only to find out I already did weeks ago (because that's how long it took to get a mate, lol) 

I love this idea, especially with the addon of incubate etc. Even with the available for BSA filter it is rather tedious to have to go back to your dragons, filter, scroll, carry out BSA, go back, filter etc if you want to incubate/influence a bunch of eggs at the same time.

3 hours ago, Corteo said:

I would say adding influence, incubate, and ward quick links would be a major quality of life improvement too!  Great idea. 

On the one hand - would make it easier on mobile if we could access the BSA's from the page of the dragon we want to use it on (less clicking)

On the other hand - it may be a coding nightmare to have the option to use BSA's from the  non-BSA dragon's page. Then there also comes the issue of how to keep track of how many *BSA* uses you have based on number of dragons.

It's a nice idea in theory, but I feel in practice it is a little impractical 

I don't see the need for this for Teleport specifically, but I definitely support it for other BSAs. I was already thinking of making a similar suggestion; having actions that can be done to a creature available on the creature's actions page. Maybe under a dividing line to show what actions would come from a different dragon.

So on an egg:

Abandon    Hide

Teleport     Kill

Influence (Male)   Influence (Female)

Incubate               Precog

Ward                    Teleport

And then it would choose the first available dragon for the corresponding BSA, with the option greyed out if you have no dragons available, or if the BSA has already been used on the chosen egg. Each action would have a little description of what it does just like normal, but maybe with a note like "You have 25 Red dragons available to perform this action."

7 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

On the one hand - would make it easier on mobile if we could access the BSA's from the page of the dragon we want to use it on (less clicking)

On the other hand - it may be a coding nightmare to have the option to use BSA's from the  non-BSA dragon's page. Then there also comes the issue of how to keep track of how many *BSA* uses you have based on number of dragons.

It's a nice idea in theory, but I feel in practice it is a little impractical 

Teleport already works this way from the teleport page, choosing the first available Magi from your scroll. I'm not sure why this would be any different?

Teleport by itself isn't something I would use very often, but I really do like the idea of have all BSAs available on an egg or hatchling's action page, and as actions are greyed out, you have an effective action list for what you have used on the youngster.

Honestly, if TJ's going to shove everything in a dropdown for mobile players, why not. Support for BSA QoL addition.

Edited by Shadowdrake