Stormcaller

Can't Sort Dragons

I was able to use this function after it was fixed, but starting again yesterday, it stopped working for me.  I can try doing it from my accounts page or from my dragons page. Either way I get the white page that says:

This page isn’t working right now

dragcave.net can't currently handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

My dragons page is a mess and I need HELP fast Please ...
Edited by Stormcaller
Changed title to better explain the problem.

Considering your description, you mean the custom sort that's broken, right? I mean, "from my accounts page or from my dragons page" indicates it's not actually the Account page you cannot access but rather one of the moved functions.

All I get is a blank page on the Manual Custom Sort, myself.

The Account page itself is working for me.

8 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Considering your description, you mean the custom sort that's broken, right? I mean, "from my accounts page or from my dragons page" indicates it's not actually the Account page you cannot access but rather one of the moved functions.

Right.  I can get to the Accounts page but it's the Grid custom sort that doesn't work.  I just checked the other two types of sorting,  but they give the same white page result.

Have you tried clearing your cache ? No idea why that might help, but it often seems to.

Grid custom sort is working fine for me...

30 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Have you tried clearing your cache ? No idea why that might help, but it often seems to.

Yes, I did try that but it didn't help. I also tried doing it with Chrome, instead of Edge, but that didn't help either. 

No help.

Note that Stormcaller has >17000 creatures, I myself have >12000 - it may have to do with raw numbers.

(Edge is a shell with Chrome under its hood, these days)

((Firefox user, here))

42 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Note that Stormcaller has >17000 creatures, I myself have >12000 - it may have to do with raw numbers.

Hummm...  That does not sound good.  It may seem strange but I've been feeling like the page had been straining to change my sorting for a while now. I truly hope that it won't be a matter of having too many dragons. (BTW, none of my dragons are frozen; they are all full sized.)  Could it be?

I have been having trouble off and on for the last few days. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes I get the white page. And sometimes I get the sort page, but when I go to save the sort I get the white page and it doesn't save. I have approximately 12,500 dragons on my scroll, almost all adults, although I doubt adults or frozens are handled any differently.

I've only got >9000.

Opera user here.

My custom sort page stopped working when the updates first appeared. Several hours later,it worked fine so I presumed problem solved.
Just checked again and it's now not working.

Also a friend messaged me asking if I had problems with the breed page. She is getting "This page isn't working".
So there seems to be a few probs around since the new formatting.

Today is the third day in a row that I'm unable to sort.  Now we have a big event coming up. How am I supposed to play when I cannot sort?  I'm getting very worried here. 

I've been fighting with white pages for grid sort too (Firefox). For me it helped to re-fresh the page several times (not hectic like when hunting but leisurely). After 3 to 8 refreshes the page loaded normally and I was able to sort.

Thanks for the suggestion, Zimtie.  I used to have success with one or two refreshes, but when that stopped working, I kind of gave up.  I will definitely try it again with more refreshes.  :D

I find Pale Moon won't sort either - it just spins and mutters about cloudflare benign stuck...  try another browser ?

@TJ09 - any thoughts ?

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

benign stuck

Gotta love autocorrect XD

Refreshing doesn't help at all for me. Blank page remains blank page.

Maybe it helps for people whose scroll is closer to the apparent here-it-stops-working-threshold ...

I've just tried doing a series of refreshes up to 15 times with no success.  

Multi refreshing also worked for me.
I have over 14,000 draggies,so I don't see a connection there.

This was not a problem for me until the recent updates. I'm not sure how that could have affected it, but it seems related.

I am using Firefox and am able to sort sometimes, sometimes not.

I get random other white pages as well.

I use the Custom Grid Sort on my phone, browser either Chrome or Brave, currently on Brave, and while the sort has not failed, it is lagging much more than it did a couple of weeks ago. The dragons are just getting too heavy to drag around. I'm currently at about 6870+ dragons on my scroll.

I am also getting white pages or overload pages when performing various actions. Refreshing works for that issue. 

Thank goodness, I just tried to do a sort and it actually worked!   When I finished and went to save it, it went right to the white page. Luckily though, it did save my sorting first. :D

Regarding the idea that it might have to do with how many dragons you own: My cousin with her 14,861 dragons tried my "trick" with the reloading and it worked for her too. Newest Firefox and "Default" layout. But yes, the bossman needs to have a look at it.