HeatherMarie

More prominent Encyclopedia link (not just in Account page)

People have mentioned this before but I don't think it's ever had it's own thread. With the new Account-page changes I think it's even more obvious that hiding the Dragon Encyclopedia among actual Account Settings stuff just doesn't make sense. The News thread for the new changes says that "Dragon-related actions (Action Log, Groups, Sort Order, and Links)" are being moved out of the Account page... The description for the Encyclopedia says "View detailed observations about dragons you’ve seen or raised". Which sounds like a 'dragon-related' thing that shouldn't still be under Account according to the new changes. 

The Encyclopedia has become a core feature of the game due to it being tied to the Market and Hub (having to unlock things in the Encyclopedia to 'unlock' them other places). It's not just some little side-feature with some notes on the breeds anymore. Both the Hub and Market are fixed links that show no matter what page you are on (though admittedly the Market 'link' isn't exactly obvious in what it is).

I personally don't know or care *where* exactly the Encyclopedia should be linked, whether at the very top in the 'logged in' line like the Market or on the scroll-page like the new Account changes or what. I just know that having such an important feature, tied to other important features, hidden among Account-setting things isn't intuitive at all. 

Ahem... apologies for the topic necromancy. Upon reading the rules, didn't wanna duplicate.

Again recently I have been thinking about this very suggestion, and have thought about it before too. I wanna support. I agree with all points.

The Dragon Encyclopedia is neat. I love it for the extra lore and other meat on the bones that it provides. Some casual DC players might not even know it's there, much less how cool it is!

There are several options for a better placement, as mentioned... Next to Market links? Or in the Dragons page? Yeah, I feel like anything would be better than the Account page. For all the cool writing it has, it deserves a nicer place for the link.

+1 support for this. I think it would be super useful. As for placement, I had the idea that maybe it

could go up on the top of the page near shard count. This is what popped into my head as soon

as I read the first post. 

image.png.947100475478e51afacf4c4b53e3dd03.png

That would make sense.

It could at the very least be on the page where you view your own dragons.

A screenshot of the "dragons" page header that has been edited to have a link for "Encyclopedia" added after the "get HTML/BBCode Links" link

I most certainly agree with this suggestion. I only happened to find the Encyclopedia by chance after I started getting active on DragCave again and I was so delighted by the lore I have. I'm still working on filling it out, but I would love to see it moved to an easier place to access!

I made a thread for an encyclopedia badge. In that thread we suggested putting the link on the dragons page where it says "Unique Breeds."

Seems like a fitting place.

support. i was talking to a friend who i recently got into the game (woo!) and had to tell them about it because they were having trouble finding it, which is odd since as  OP said its become a pretty core mechanic of the game

The accessibility of the Encyclopedia has come up again in other posts. And I'm still holding out hope that this wonderful wellspring of lore and player participation would be moved into a place it deserves.