TJ09

2021-05-16 - Account Page Updates

On 5/17/2021 at 9:20 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Good stuff - now PLEASE can you add "hide growing things" to the viewing options ?

@TJ09 - bumping to get your attention ???

PRETTY please with cookies ?

Thank you!

Finally I was able to get rid of the space in my scroll name which caused problems whenever I wanted to post the link to my scroll somewhere. :D

Are spaces now not allowed ? (I don't need to know, but a couple of people seem to want them and not be able to use them.)

Wow -- very exciting update to come back to after a stressful week traveling! The username I'd prefer most is still taken by what seems to be an inactive account, alas, but my secondary preference is just fine and was free. I've switched over from the old hey_I_can_fly to GrayFeathers and while it feels weird to finally lose the username I've had for 11 years now (wow) it's cool to have the change. Exciting!

1 minute ago, Quinney said:

Yay, I have a capital 'Q'!

im the opposite, im free of capitalization! XD 

feels strange to be logging in with such a short username now. o-o

Edited by lexi_

1 minute ago, lexi_ said:

im the opposite, im free of capitalization! XD 

You've also stopped invading...!😂

Minutes after changing my scroll name to be more in line with my internet persona, I realize that wasn't the name I had actually wanted to change it too 😆😭 Welp. Guess I'll have to wait another year. 

oh my gosh i finally got my username to match my username on here I COULD CRY. THANK YOU ❤️

I have discovered that pressing "Log Out" in one session, logs you out of all sessions.

I am now only logged on 2 "computers" now. My tablet and my phone, neither of which are full on computers, lol.

it is. SO satisfying to finally be rid of the ancient embarrassing nickname i've had as my scroll name since. 2008. ; v; thank you for implementing this!! i might even unhide my scroll now, who knows.

Changed my username on the site immediately. Finally it matches my current one on the forums. The one chosen 12 years ago can finally perish ;D

Thank you for the update (and all the other ones too ;) )

Now the question is, should I change the username I made during my anime phase in my teens? Or should the consequences of my actions follow me long into adulthood? Decisions decisions....

Yay, happy changes! I was always happy with my name but I know a lot of people who were not enjoying being reminded of their child/chuuni days. So I'm happy for them. 

I'm quite astonished how some of people here amassed hundreds of  login sessions though, I have 6 (all of which are unknown or wrongly recognized lol) and already thought that was a lot....

I like the changes so far, it'll really depends on how they do under 'fire'. I like the goal of simplicity and moving a lot of the important features to the top of the pages is really good.    Thanks for your efforts TJ!

Edited by PrairieStead

On 5/16/2021 at 8:28 PM, TJ09 said:
  • A new Login Sessions page will shows you which devices you're logged in from and lets you log them out individually.

Nice. QOL changes to make the website more accessible is VERY GOOD. I'm all for re-designs when it makes the website a bit less menu-y to navigate. Great change. Username changing, I'm excited to use this and deadname my old username that I picked 12 years ago. Also a very great change. 

The log in sessions page is a smart change that I'm surprised hasn't been implemented years ago. I'm a bit of a security nut and seeing that brings a smile to my face. It is something I feel should be standardized across websites and I'm glad DragCave has implemented it. 

Solid website changes. 👌

Yay! I can have my current name I use places now! my old old name is now updooted.

I am extremely happy.

I'm in the "yay finally capitalization" camp :D

Thank you!

I'll never change my in-cave username tho bc then I'd have to rename more than 3000 dragons that all have a "G" at the end 🤣

On 5/17/2021 at 3:20 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Good stuff - now PLEASE can you add "hide growing things" to the viewing options ?

Ooh, and Remove options for groups that match the Add options? Being able to accidentally drop 255 Mints into a group en masse but only being able to remove them one by one is a tiny nightmare.