TJ09

2021-05-16 - Account Page Updates

Good stuff - now PLEASE can you add "hide growing things" to the viewing options ?

The scroll name "Imago" is already taken by a user from 2008 with only five dragons on their scroll :mellow:

Apart from that, great update! :'D

2 minutes ago, Imago said:

The scroll name "Imago" is already taken by a user from 2008 with only five dragons on their scroll :mellow:

As is every name I wanted. XD

I disliked my username for so long and I'm super happy that I can change it now! TY TJ!!

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

And how was I logged in from 4 locations? I have a bad habit of never logging out unless I am on a public computer.

I suspect that this happens when the browser gets a major update. I had 4 as well, but I only need 2: from office and from home laptop XD

7 hours ago, Shokomon said:

...WHY AM I LOGGED ON TO 109 COMPUTERS???!!

Do you perchance have a habit of deleting cookies frequently or logging in only through "private" browser windows? That could be when DC does not "know" you've left those sessionsalready.

Now to get used to all those new names around here ...

8 hours ago, Marrionetta said:

For 13 years my mistakes have haunted me.

and now I have obtained... CAPITAL M.

https://dragcave.net/user/Marrionetta

nice nice nice nice nice

This sent me laughing much, lol

Now this is an interesting update, and people can bury their past old nicknames away now! Thanks, TJ ^^

Oh my goodness this is amazing! Finally I could get rid of the childish name my scroll used to have. I love these new features, and I thank you for giving us these wonderful updates! ^^

Thank you for the update. I'm logged in on the same device twice - two different browsers! XD

As for the name change, I may use it to add caps, but overall, I'm still quite happy to be a dragongrrl. <3

9 hours ago, Marrionetta said:

For 13 years my mistakes have haunted me.

and now I have obtained... CAPITAL M.

https://dragcave.net/user/Marrionetta

nice nice nice nice nice

Hahaha. I went from princesslucy to PrincessLucy. 

Even though the names I wanted most are taken, I finally got to change from a cringey 4chan meme name from 2008. 😐

So I am happy LOL, thank you for the update!!

The log-in sessions cracks me up. Apparently, my phone shows New York when I am in Connecticut. 

It is me though.

I'm on three devices, it says, which is correct! ;)

I won't be changing my username, though I'm happy for those who can.

51 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

The log-in sessions cracks me up. Apparently, my phone shows New York when I am in Connecticut. 

It is me though.

That’s the same for me.... it shows a place miles away from my actual place. 😅

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I suspect that this happens when the browser gets a major update. I had 4 as well, but I only need 2: from office and from home laptop XD

Do you perchance have a habit of deleting cookies frequently or logging in only through "private" browser windows? That could be when DC does not "know" you've left those sessionsalready.

Now to get used to all those new names around here ...

Yes actually. I also just erase my history every once in awhile. That explains it.

17 minutes ago, Miraku said:

That’s the same for me.... it shows a place miles away from my actual place. 😅

My phone showed up in Massachusets for some reason. I am nowhere near there.

Now, Im considering changing my name as well...but...

I like my name... 

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

My phone showed up in Massachusets for some reason. I am nowhere near there.

Now, Im considering changing my name as well...but...

I like my name... 

Haha 🤣 yeah it’s pretty funny. I’m sure there are reasons behind it which are too technical for me to understand but I still can’t help laughing. 

Also, it’s not mandatory to change right now. This option will continue to be available so you have lots of time to debate whether to do it or not!! 
I like your name too. :)

Wait, I just had a thought.

According to my notes, the type of snow angel wings algorithm is based on scroll name. (I seem to recall there was a scandal with some people trying to game the system to get the angel wings they wanted.) Are these people who change their scroll names possibly changing their snow angel wings?

@Fyrebird It would make more sense to make it based on the scroll's ID, a numeric unique value you get when signing up. It's part of your login cookie, otherwise you pretty much never get to see it.

That way, equal distribution of Snow Angel colours is more likely (even after people leaving DC) than with another algorithm based on the scroll name.

7 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Wait, I just had a thought.

According to my notes, the type of snow angel wings algorithm is based on scroll name. (I seem to recall there was a scandal with some people trying to game the system to get the angel wings they wanted.) Are these people who change their scroll names possibly changing their snow angel wings?

I changed my username but my snow angels still have the same wing colour. Gold. No changes unfortunately. How I wanted the tri-colour ones!

Hopefully this will deter scroll 'helpers'. Thanks for the update TJ 😊