TJ09

2021-05-16 - Account Page Updates

the new "change sort order" location!!! *chefs kiss* for someone who manually sorts their dragons, whewww that rocks

i love all these updates!!
Thank you so much TJ! :D ❤️

...Maybe should have thought about changing my username a bit longer, its going to be hard for ppl to find me on the forums now lol! ❤️

So, I actually had an old Dragons page loaded from before the change, so I took screenshots!

• Old "Dragons" Page

1420179593_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-16-OldDragonsPage.thumb.jpg.c7bff93f374e79a68965fe7a9d3f6858.jpg

• New "Dragons" Page

1409392221_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-16-NewDragonsPage.thumb.jpg.3360249bc2b1a34a9452b9956d54251d.jpg

All the little Dragon-Specific links are at the top now!

No link for the encyclopedia though.

I guess that one is still relegated to the Accounts page.

Thanks for the update...though I think I'm enjoying the comments here more.

Mostly the ones of "I've got my capital letter" or "my scroll and forum name match now!" Glad to see so many happy people.

This username has outlived itself but I'm too used to being ADP to change it haha. 

I like the check logins thing! Don't need it as much now as when I was in college but will be useful for many I'm sure.

This is awesome! I still don't plan to change my username any time soon, but thank you! This is a very nice change!

46 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Thanks for the update...though I think I'm enjoying the comments here more.

Mostly the ones of "I've got my capital letter" or "my scroll and forum name match now!" Glad to see so many happy people.

Me too, this has been such a requested feature for so long, it's nice to see people able to change their names to what they want now.

I shall be staying the same. I'm very attached to my username.

Oh my goodness I'm loving this!!!

I'm laughing at the people commenting about having so many log-ins, strangely I only have two. Curious how long the site holds the log-in data for, because technically I never signed out of my old computer that spontaneously died, but that was a couple years ago. Anyway it's only showing my current laptop and phone, so that's good. 

While I (probably?) won't change my username I'm glad others finally have the feature! I'm sure it'll take awhile to get used to the new stuff linked right at the top of the scroll but as someone who literally goes to the Groups page multiple times every day I'm *so* glad it's right there now. 

And I don't know why, exactly, but having the little stats/info stuff above the settings/links is just very satisfying:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.png.a8afb6a78631d471bc87e71559bfb4fc.png

I was wondering why the Account page looked funky for a bit there. Was finally able to change my scroll name to something other than my actual name. Thanks TJ!

Apparently I'm logged into more than 450 devices, so I'll just deal with that later.

Aside from that, I'm happy I can finally change my username instead of using my ancient Neopets name forever (even if it's weird seeing a different name after so long). Thanks for the update!

Edited by alupe99a
"devices", not "accounts"

Ah, my badly mis-typed username is gone.  New one is better. Love the changes. Thanks TJ09

Oh, this is awesome! I've always been fine with my username, but I love the new location for action log/changing sort order - I use them all the time, and would keep them open in tabs to avoid having to go clicking into the account page to find the link, haha.

Well, I am happy to remain a Spiteful Crow. Still pecking at eyeballs and stealing all the cookies. 🍪 

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:
  • Dragon-related actions (Action Log, Groups, Sort Order, and Links) are now accessible from the dragons page. They will eventually be removed from the account page after giving people enough time to adjust to the new location.

Can we please keep the Action Log and Groups in the Account page? I see no reason to remove them and I like having them there.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Pixxelation said:

image.png.d836f41d0824707621ddb6a335f42424.png

The TJ has invited you to Lake Laogai.

Woo nice moving of the options to the dragons page and so excited about the username change.

I have no idea how people have so many logins lol, I have 4 because 4 devices. Wonder why other people have 100+

I'll never use the sort button, so I don't care where it is. *Hugs the legacy sort.*

Of course my beautiful name has been used already! 🙄

Hence I was not able to change it to my desired name but it’s much closer now. I’m finally able to rectify the mistakes of my younger self. Salvation!! 

Thank you TJ! 🥳