TJ09

2021-05-16 - Account Page Updates

I'm pleased to announce the release of a series of updates to the "Account" page. This page has historically served many purposes simultaneously: actual account management like changing your email address or password, settings and feature related to your dragons (groups, sorting), and a grab-bag of other features like the encyclopedia and raffle. The goal with this update is to move towards simplifying the page, making room for new features to be added. The full list of changes is as follows:

• Dragon-related actions (Action Log, Groups, Sort Order, and Links) are now accessible from the dragons page. They will eventually be removed from the account page after giving people enough time to adjust to the new location.

• Primary account actions have been pulled out of the "Account Settings" page right into the top of the account page. This makes it easier to change your password, email, and access two new features...

• Username changing is finally here! As previously described, usernames can be changed once per year, and will leave behind a redirect for 30 days. After this period, there will be no visible ties to your previous username, and old usernames cannot be reclaimed by yourself or others.

• A new Login Sessions page will shows you which devices you're logged in from and lets you log them out individually.

Enjoy!

Ohhh, I like the action log and sorting being at the top! Thanks for the updates :) 

This is absolutely amazing for people who wish to change their usernames! I'm perfectly happy with mine, but ♥️

I love having the actions at the top of the dragons page now :3 I'm not in need of a username change but super happy for everyone who wanted it!!

Ooh, nice!

It's going to take me ages to get used to the new locations for things but they do make a lot more sense now.

uaaaagh I'm so happy. I don't know why I made my username what it was but now I'm universally samkee00 🥳

ooh nifty!

but why did i have 131 logins? from all the way back to November 2020? weird?

Did I just spend the last 20-ish minutes clicking "log out" from 230 sessions over the past couple months? Haha.... maybe

I feel a strange sense of satisfaction for what I have accomplished though

Really love having the action log, sort order, and groups all on the scroll page now. So much easier than going to the account page to find them, although it is probably going to be automatic to still do that for awhile. XD

Glad there is an option to change scroll name now, even though it is not something I need. So many people have wanted it for a long time.

And how was I logged in from 4 locations? I have a bad habit of never logging out unless I am on a public computer.

Love the update, though I'm not able to access the Account page at all, just getting an error message.

This update is amazing, I got to change my name woo! I'm wondering what we have in store for the birthday release then, if this wasn't part of it??

The feeling of trying to change my username only to find out the name i want has bin taken xD its such an abstract name too rip

but i think the updates are cool! it definitly makes it easier to do things now at least on mobile for me 

itll take a bit of getting used to for the new groups placements but otherwise i think its great! 

Oh nice!

...WHY AM I LOGGED ON TO 109 COMPUTERS???!!

Ohhh, I get it. All my separate times I've logged in counted as individual computers for reasons...

Weird.

Edit: I kinda wish now there was a log out all button. I have logins all the way back from 2019. 

Anyway, Thank you for the updates!

Edited by Shokomon

Im so torn  between changing my username to match the clan's lore name, or staying Halo--Cat so ppl can find me on the forums hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes yes yes!! My forum name and scroll name now match. I am soooo happy, thank you for this update!