Ruby Eyes

Rainbow Sort - various issues

I just noticed that the Mistlet Pygmies are sorting as if they were all the same colour:

image.png.db9ce76d73fce75487e390290ade9f89.png

https://dragcave.net/group/30557

Then there are the blue Alcedines which still seem to be undefined because they always sort at the top of colour sort:

image.png.f6a6db94f44449ce9f9725195b0ab226.png

https://dragcave.net/group/21078

I changed group sorting to breed and back to colour, and it still looks like above.

That female Astaarus does not really fit there, either. Obviously, colour distribution is not taken into account, as can also be seen by the Cheese sorting between the two genders of regular Black.

Also, Undead still sort as if they had their old colours, which they clearly don't. The revival should update their colour sort code as well!

The female green Ciriax sorts between blue Fire Gem and blue Pargulus, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Male green Ciriax sort between Khusa and Stone - why not anywhere in the greens?!

And why does Purcy the male Spirit Ward sort with Amarignis and Umbra, 9Veul and 3Ryc4 the female Sprit Wards between grey male Magnesium and female red Spinel, unlike all the other Spirits Wards that come after pink Zyu? https://dragcave.net/group/142694/

That's the point. It should be automatic and CERTAINLY not sort one of dragon in a breed in with a different breed. The Mistlets are understandable as they only just changed, so clearly TJ hasn't re-coded them yet - but Purcy should be with his family. And the Alcedines have been an issue since they arrived.

And now that I notice it (just playing) why do male blacks sort above cheeses, and females below ?

image.thumb.png.44a1e55d186b4b52af015ba232b02b0b.png

That's a strange rainbow. Quite a few breeds seem to split, actually.

@Fuzzbucket Indeed, that's what I meant: Both breeds have similar shades of black and yellow - but with different distribution of each colour. The tiny amount of yellow in the Black bodies seem to qualify them for sorting with yellowish breeds ... That needs fixing.

Turpentines, too - weird placing. But why the blacks are divided...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Rainbow sort being janky as all heck was why I just decided to hand sort my scroll - however, that's a major pain so I do hope this gets fixed or at the very least made usable...

rainbow sort is so pretty so its such a shame there are a lot of errors with this! 

I also use rainbow sort and have noticed the same issues. My hypothesis is that it is some kind of automated process that sorts by average pixel color in the sprite or something similar and that's why some of the sort locations are weird. Can't explain the Alcedines though, I suppose they just didn't get entered into the system or something.

Yes, it is automated. And that automation needs some adjustments.

It is automation created by TJ, so he should be able to modify it if it isn't doing what it's supposed to do.