High Lord November

Suggestions for filtering - more tags, and usage on breeding page

I know we can do #cb for filtering cbs when adding dragons to groups, but it would be nice if we could do the same for dragon types - like #drake or #pygmy. 

It would also definitely be nice if these could be noted somewhere on any pages that use filtering, and/or in the Help section. I never knew about #cb until someone on the forums told me, and I wasn't able to find that tidbit on the wiki or on dragcave.

The final request with the filtering system would definitely be usage on the breeding page! It would be really nice if I could search #cb Magma and have my list filtered down, instead of manually scrolling all the way down to try and find the species (and click on each Magma to see which are cb) I'm looking for.

Drake and Pygmy are easy - all of those breeds have those words in their name, except Pumpkins. Just drop the # because filtering by breed name works, too. Just the two-headed's and regulars are missing that luxury.

Filtering by tags:

#sunbeamdrake

#3g #prizedragonwestern

including names and breed names and codes:

#cb stone (finds caveborn Stone, Sunstone, Moonstone, Soulstone, or "Justone" in a name ;))

#bred z (finds all bred dragons with a z in their code, name or breed name)

#cb drake (finds all caveborns with "drake" in their breed name, given name or code, if you're lucky to own that one)

That said, I would love if I could apply the same to the breed page. Would make things SO MUCH EASIER!

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Drake and Pygmy are easy - all of those breeds have those words in their name, except Pumpkins. Just drop the # because filtering by breed name works, too. Just the two-headed's and regulars are missing that luxury.

Filtering by tags:

#sunbeamdrake

#3g #prizedragonwestern

including names and breed names and codes:

#cb stone (finds caveborn Stone, Sunstone, Moonstone, Soulstone, or "Justone" in a name ;))

#bred z (finds all bred dragons with a z in their code, name or breed name)

#cb drake (finds all caveborns with "drake" in their breed name, given name or code, if you're lucky to own that one)

That said, I would love if I could apply the same to the breed page. Would make things SO MUCH EASIER!

Nice! I still think it's a good suggestion to add more tags in general because it's not guaranteed that all releases will have the term "Drake" or "Pygmy" in it - if we add "Twohead" to the taglist it would make sense to add the other two anyway.

I didn't know you could also filter by #bred and generation, that's neat! It would be helpful to have these tags listed on any page that can use them, I don't see them posted anywhere.

And yes, here's hoping this is brought to the breeding page ☺️

There's actually another pygmy that doesn't have pygmy: the red-tailed wyrm. More categorization filters would be nice, though.

Temp fix is adding all of breed to the group, that's what I do.

15 hours ago, Tini said:

Temp fix is adding all of breed to the group, that's what I do.

That's what I do too right now. It's a bit of a pain to try and remember which dragons do or don't have their breeding tag in their name. Especially with two-headed, where none of them have that in their name. The best I can do is go to a two-headed's breeding page and manually enter the names of all the eligible dragons, but it would be so much easier to have that built in.

I would really like to have a filtering mechanism for the breeding page. I get annoyed having to scroll through 3700+ dragons, and I know there are tons of people with far more than me. I was thinking a drop down menu, like already exists on the trading page for filtering. 

This is the first I've heard of filtering for groups, so thank you for that knowledge!

Edited by waya81

full support for all of these, and I'd like to suggest a few more tags for:

stage of growth (#adult, #hatchling or #frozen)

gender (#male, #female, #ungendered or #unknown)

name (#named, #unnamed)

you can filter your scroll for growing and unnamed things but I'd like to be able to quickly add them to a group. and I know a gender filter would be especially helpful to quite a few people

On 5/8/2021 at 8:58 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

That said, I would love if I could apply the same to the breed page. Would make things SO MUCH EASIER

THIS! Having a large scroll, sometimes I give up on attempting to breed dragons with new mates, becuase of the never ending scrolling!

support! it’s strange to me that there’s no general search form for our scrolls, or the fact that the breeding page doesn’t have a dragon search function similar to the fertility or groups page.  I only have about 1500 dragons, I can’t imagine how bad it must be for those who have 3000+

Support from me as well, I remember trying to do this at one point after learning about the #cb and being genuinely surprised that there weren't any for breed types