SomeRandomCorviknight

How to stop :) and other emoticons from transforming?

I'm a dream smp fan, so i never use : ), minus the space, as like a happy face, only like jokingly threatening/ for effect, but i cant as is corrects to :), which doesn't have the same effect, i actually use that to be like happy. Besides, i like some of the emoticons more than the emojis like X D over XD. Does anyone know how to type out the emojicons without the space without them turning into :) 's ?

It's an automatic effect of this version of the forum software and, as far as I've been able to gather, cannot be disabled.

I cheat it by custom-coloring one of the characters making up the emote in black. So type it normally, right after that select either : or ) and then change the coloring to black, or whatever color except automatic.

At least that's how it used to work in raw HTML/BBCODE, so to confirm whether it's still true or not for the current version, test:

:)

xD

Alright, it seems to still work, even after editing the post multiple times, it sticks!

Another edit: it seems to also not be negatively impacted by my Dark Reader browser plugin, I can still see the emote properly.

Edited by Orchi'dea
[typos intensify]

Hey, I have dark reader plugin as well on my desktop! I’ll make sure to give it a go when I get back from the hospital

(I’m fine, just picking up a family member)