OneTriz

Gender Discussion Thread

Anyone else find the topic fascinating? I have some possible discussion topics relating to gender, but you guys can suggest some too.

• Do you guys think men tend towards the extremes of society? If so, why?
  • Do you find some personality traits dislikeable in one gender but not the other?
  • Do you believe in the extreme male brain theory of autism?
  • Are women more emotional than men?

I can explain some of these if you're confused, the reason I omitted explanations was because I didn't want to make the main thread too long.

Well, i am a white male but most of those things you listed aren’t really easilly answerable. 

10 hours ago, Gavvv24 said:

Well, i am a white male but most of those things you listed aren’t really easilly answerable. 

Yes. I am asking hard to answer questions because this is a discussion, not a qna.

For the last one, i would say that it really depends on the woman/man. It's largely to do with how society SEES gender roles, rather than actual gender = emotion

I think it's a good talking point, although controversial, but i have to say that i do not agree. Maybe change the title to be about like gender link to behaviour or something to prevent confusion from other gender related topics. I sense this thread might start a few arguments so i hope it doesn't get locked.

Also, are you referring to biological sexes (i swear if i get banned for saying that because three letter word starting with s, incase anyone doesn't know, "sexes" means like what gender someone is biologically) or gender as in like the abstract thing that like people can discover? I don't know much about these topics so it will be interesting to learn more :D 

23 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

For the last one, i would say that it really depends on the woman/man. It's largely to do with how society SEES gender roles, rather than actual gender = emotion

I agree, I was speaking in generalizations though, Lol. Like perhaps I should have worded it as "Is the average man more emotional than the average woman?"

24 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

I think it's a good talking point, although controversial, but i have to say that i do not agree. Maybe change the title to be about like gender link to behaviour or something to prevent confusion from other gender related topics. I sense this thread might start a few arguments so i hope it doesn't get locked.

I kept it general because I'm interested in other gender-related topics. And yeah, I considered making a disclaimer for people to not start arguments but decided against it as I felt it should go without saying.

25 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Also, are you referring to biological sexes (i swear if i get banned for saying that because three letter word starting with s, incase anyone doesn't know, "sexes" means like what gender someone is biologically) or gender as in like the abstract thing that like people can discover? I don't know much about these topics so it will be interesting to learn more :D 

I am referring to gender as the abstract psychosociological concept. 

Interesting thought: how much of "gender differences" is socialized/learned rather than inherent?