dragongrrl

Market discounts to help even shard totals

There is already thread open for players who want to discard their extra shard because they are bothered by having an uneven shard total. I am proposing a way to use the extra shards that will make the uneven totals irrelevant.

The Market currently offers dragons at amounts from 100 to 4800 shards. All prices are rounded to the nearest 100. Many of us have shard totals that are uneven amounts. I have 2361, an extra 61, someone else an extra 34 or 99 or 15, whatever. Currently there is no way to use the individual shards. Let's start offering a discounted common, a different breed every week.

Every week, a new breed goes on sale for just one week. First week, maybe Canopies are on sale. I'm low on my scroll goals for them so I pick up 8 throughout the week. My 61 extra shards is now 53. Second week, Horse Dragons are discounted. Eh, I wanted more for hybrid breeding, grab another 6 and I'm down to 47. Next week, Bleeding Moons. Well, I have enough of them. Pickup 1, just because it's on sale. I'm at 46 now and Mints go on sale. I horde Mints so I pick of 24 through the week and my extra shards are now at 22. Next week, it's Waterhorses, pick up 2, I'm down to 20 extra shards. Next week, OMG, Frills, another breed that I hoard. I can pick 20 and even my shard total or I can go for 24 and not worry about my shard extras because I'm making good use of them.

What do you think?

Mods: Thank you!

Edited by dragongrrl
Mod action requested

All very well - but for those who are desperate to have an exact even total at all times, that isn't going to help much. Not against it, just don't think it will help with this perceived problem.

It may help a tiny bit with ratios of ubercommons though. Like, those which shouldn't even cost 100 shards *ever* just because they're so underpopulated.

I think if it only helps a little it would be nice for the people that want the option for more rounded numbers, personally I think it makes sense as a market incentive and making the market more involved and returnable (granted its not designed to be the main area for egg requirement), real world wise a market would have offers on their merchandise, it may even help new players and be a fun mechanic 

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

All very well - but for those who are desperate to have an exact even total at all times, that isn't going to help much. Not against it, just don't think it will help with this perceived problem.

This is the beauty of this plan. It will allow those who want to even up their total a way to use the excess shards until they even up their totals.

It will also allow those who don't care about the shard totals to fill there scrolls with penny dragons.

Bloommist also raises a good point that it could be a help to new players. Someone who wants to use the market and may not be saving enough shards yet to buy the higher priced dragons, would be able to purchase discount dragons each week. With a different discount every week, it would help them build their scroll for 4-8 shards per week.

If I'm reading the OP correctly, you are asking for 'discount' prices of 1 shard per egg?? I'm sorry, I very much doubt that would ever happen, and honestly I wouldn't support that even for the most commons. I'm all for discounting uber-commons as an incentive or ratio-manipulation tactic, but a 99% discount is just way too extreme. While I understand this suggestion is aimed at people who have uneven totals and want to 'even out' those numbers, I just don't think buying a dragon for 1 shard should be possible. 99 shards, sure. 51 shards, alright. I'd even go for something like 42 shards (just putting out random numbers). But not a 99% discount. 

(If I'm misunderstanding the OP I apologize.)