Ashywolf

Show whether existing influences in the BSA view are male or female

I may be blind but I did not see a topic on this, which surprises me.

Regardless. Currently, if you intend to influence your eggs, you have to keep track of each specific influence manually. That's great if you have good memory, but we don't all have that. For instance, I want 2 males and females of a new breed, I have to write the codes down, in order to avoid influencing 3 males or 3 females. If you have pinks off cooldown that you can just do them all in succession, this is less of a problem, but you still have to keep manual track of it. What if you have to wait a day or a couple of days for Influence cooldowns? I know by that time I personally can't remember if I used male or female influence on this or that.

I don't see why showing "Already influenced (male)" or "Already influenced (female)" would be an outrageous advantage to players. It's a quality of life check that should rightly help users a little for managing their eggs, lineages and collection goals. So it seems fair enough to request.

This could go an extra level and display this information on the egg view page, too. Otherwise this requires a "free" light pink dragon to access, as you can't view it without visiting the BSA screen. But anything is better than nothing at this point.

image.png.4c4587055b95c48db05ee300e84202a7.png

Edited by Ashywolf

Support! We can see what precog does, so we should also be able to see what influence does.  This would help because I currently fog and influence dragons one by one to make sure that I don't accidentally choose the wrong pink.

I usually go to my Action Log to double-check which ones I influenced as what, but yeah I'd like this. It seems like it would be a very simple addition that could definitely help.

action log can be incredibly cluttered, especially if you do a lot of things before/after/between influences, and can be really hard to find a specific dragon since theres no search feature either. support.

58 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

can be really hard to find a specific dragon since theres no search feature either.

Your browser has one. On PC, try CTRL+F to open the according dialogue.

(I don't know how to do that on phone, but those have a page search, too)

(Just, you know, a workaround until the above gets implemented :lol:)

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Your browser has one. On PC, try CTRL+F to open the according dialogue.

oh i know, but i mean if you do a Lot of actions between when you influenced, and you cant remember what day you influenced..? i know its very specific, but its happened. can't figure out which page its on. 

As I'm the person who always wants to not double-check but at least triple-check everything important, this would make my life a lot easier! I would happily say goodbye to scrolling through multiple pages on my account log, searching the right day, and, in the meantime, usually forgetting either the code of the egg or if I wanted it female or male. 😹 (Yes, I also need a confirmation for lineaged eggs that need to be certain gender because when they're about to hatch I tend to get worried if I made a mistake or even forgot to influence at all!)

I wade through so much hide and unhide in the course of a day that an individual bsa log on an egg/hatchling's page would be incredibly useful.

I am also on mobile and do not have a good search method within a page. Wish I did.

In the end you could use precog on them and it will say if it has been influenced.

Might be a waste of precog's, but just want to point out, that this is a possibility. :)

It does ?

Tests. No - it just tells you what gender it is. There's not a word about influence. (The one I just tested had been influenced; it just said it was female.)

I think that if it hasn't been influenced the precog message says something like "This egg will be male/female, though it may still be influenced." If it has been influenced then the precog message just says "will be male/female."

So there is a roundabout solution of sorts. But it feels like a waste of precog, and it still doesn't show on the BSA page what genders were influenced. You still have to manually keep track of what is what.

Support, this would be very convenient, especially with mobile users and those of us who easily forget things.

I would very much like this information on the egg page. (S1 hatchies too!) I have to keep a spreadsheet to keep track of what's what cuz there's zero chance of me remembering. 

On the one hand - this would be amazing (as then you don't need to waste a Precog or search your action log to check an egg if you forget [as a mobile user, searching the action log is a total pain at times]) AND you can see which egg(s) you've already made male/female so that you can get the right balance of gender

On the other hand - for eggs, this would render Precog useless unless you want to check if the egg will be male/female *and thus saving you an influence use*

All in all, if this is added - great! If not, no big deal because - while annoying - there are work arounds

59 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

On the other hand - for eggs, this would render Precog useless unless you want to check if the egg will be male/female *and thus saving you an influence use*

honestly, thats the only reason why i use it in the first place. 

2 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

honestly, thats the only reason why i use it in the first place. 

second this. I only precog in specific situations. Why use two bsa when you can just use one.

it is still a pain when i want to double check, always have to dig through my action log for which way i influenced something. The action log already makes precog somewhat useless if you're influencing in the first place. Dunno why we can't cut out the middle man.

Precognition has always had some overlap with influence. I don't think that should write it like there's already a suitable existing solution to the topic at hand. Plus, you don't get to see precog information on the influence page once you've used it, and so there's even more manual memorizing to do. Aeons are a pain to get, too.

Edited by Ashywolf

9 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

I think that if it hasn't been influenced the precog message says something like "This egg will be male/female, though it may still be influenced." If it has been influenced then the precog message just says "will be male/female."

Exactly. The part of "it's future may be influenced" only shows on uninfluenced eggs.

So you CAN use Precognition as a kind of "let me check how I influenced this one".

As I stated above, this might end in a waste of precogs, but it IS a way to doublecheck.

But in the end simply use a sheet of paper and a pen and that's it. 🤷‍♀️

I hardly understand why a game has to be as easy as a chicken could play it...

Support.

I do write down which egg I influenced what gender, and if I forgot that, I check via browser history* or (if it hasn't been too long) action log, but seeing it on the actual BSA page would be extremely helpful. Especially for those who are not always on the same computer. We can log in to Dragon Cave from anywhere, but our giant spreadsheets of dragon information will not always be there.

* I type the egg's code in the address bar, Firefox suggests going to a page named "Actions - [Pink dragon's name] - Dragon Cave", and I know I influenced the egg with that Pink dragon. That's often faster than searching for the code on an unknown page of the action log. But of course it only works when I'm playing DC on the same computer all the time.

7 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

On the one hand - this would be amazing (as then you don't need to waste a Precog or search your action log to check an egg if you forget [as a mobile user, searching the action log is a total pain at times]) AND you can see which egg(s) you've already made male/female so that you can get the right balance of gender

I don't think I have ever used precog on an egg (except to get blue cantors, of course.); in my book it's for hatchlings I get from elsewhere. I have enough pinks to influence everything, so I do. And if an egg is below influencing time, there's no point finding out, really.

Support, this would be nice. I'd also love if it showed on the egg/hatchling's page, too.

I can't imagine ever using Precog on an Influenced egg? I have more than enough Pinks, but so few Aeons. Ctrl+f (or "find in page" on mobile) in the Action Log if I've forgotten, but I usually Influence everything at once and can remember, or I take a note. A spreadsheet in Google Docs can be accessed anywhere.

I do Precog super low time eggs, depending on lineage, to see if I want to keep them, but this usually only comes up at the end of the holiday walls (for Halloween and Christmas).

I mostly get around this by only influencing in batches when they're incuhatchable, and having my bsa pink group be separated into males and females. However, like people said, not everyone has the pinks to do them all and the action log is tedious to work with, so I support this adjustment.

7 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I hardly understand why a game has to be as easy as a chicken could play it...

I'm sorry that you feel basic UI improvements are detrimental to the game, but bad UI is just fake difficulty. This is no more "making the game easy" than having a search bar for group filtering is.