missy_

How to Edit A Post to Add A New Quote?

I multiquoted several folks in a post, hit Submit, then realized I had forgotten to include a quoted post in my post. (Did everyone follow that? 🤪 :lol:) For the example in question, see  my post on page 4 of the New Release thread.

Then I tried editing that post and adding in a third quoted post, but I was unable to figure out how.

There was a time when we could access HTML code in an edited post and actually view the code, which made editing complex posts easier.

Does anyone know if there is still a way to edit a post and add another quoted post to it?

(Hope this makes sense!)

Thanks in advance. :)

Open the post you want to edit.

Go up to the post you want to quote and highlight the but you want to quote and you should get this:

image.png.df5c1d5c795d46f95caaceb96fbf535a.png

The other option is to just pretend to make a new post quoting the extra post, and when you have it there, copy that and paste it into the one you wanted to add it to.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Open the post you want to edit.

Go up to the post you want to quote and highlight the but you want to quote and you should get this:

image.png.df5c1d5c795d46f95caaceb96fbf535a.png

The other option is to just pretend to make a new post quoting the extra post, and when you have it there, copy that and paste it into the one you wanted to add it to.

Thank you, fuzz! Yes, I see that ... is there any way to keep the original formatting, so that the quote includes the formatting (inside a grey box, showing it is a quoted post) and the person's name/time of original quote, like "1 hour ago, X said"? Never mind, I see how to do that now. The problem is that even though I have "quote selection," and "edit post" open, instead, it adds the quote to a new post, not to the post I am trying to edit.

ETA: I think I figured it out, with fuzz's help and by accident. 

1. Yes, it does attempt to add the "quote selection" to a new post, but 

2. I had my old post open for edit, and within that post I chose "paste," and it pasted the quote into the post. So it does work. 

Thank you! ^_^

Edited by missy_