purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2021

Oh great! So it starts tomorrow. Good luck everyone. :)

It will also be helpful if we can see some of the lineages made by the participants of last time for ideas? Please share if you think it's a good idea.

3 minutes ago, Mirajane said:

It will also be helpful if we can see some of the lineages made by the participants of last time for ideas? Please share if you think it's a good idea.

Sure thing! I think they are something to be proud of, :)

Here is the post about final standings from last year -- just click on the generation to see the lineage.

And from 2019 as well -- final lineages are the last column in the chart

45 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The only dragon that must be a fresh CB is one dragon in your initial CB pair. After that you can use dragons you already own. :)

Thanks!

22 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Anyone on discord want to let people there know about this? The original challenge in 2018 was started by members of the unofficial DC discord.

Is there anyone from Official Discord DC and Unofficial DC on the forum that we can ping or otherwise let know?

I am not in either group.

That is a great idea to give notice to both groups. :) Especially if Unofficial DC started it. :iraptor:

The original starters went AWOL within the year ...

Oh, okay. Still, maybe there are some people in either group that might want to participate?

Or maybe some banners ... 

I would edit my sig to advertise, but it took me so long to fix it after I edited it last time ... :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The original starters went AWOL within the year ...

Yeah. I think overdoing the advertising ends up with loads of people who never really commit. That certainly happened with the Hunger Games. You see something, think hey, yeah - and then forget it. (I am stuck part way through a Quarter Quell which will never be finished, I fear.)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I have listed all participants who have signed up so far.

@rinoa26 You need to make your group public.

Don't forget to grab a starter dragon tomorrow!

Signups will remain open for anyone who wants to join. Starting late is not a huge disadvantage because most of us will have a few fails along the way and it is entirely possible to catch up. ;)

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): AmandaKynes
Forum Name: Serotina
Today's Date: Sat May 8, 2021

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) QXrlK

Challenge Group Link (required): Group 

Goal (Plan for your lineage): I'm gonna try using Crystalline and Astaarus dragons, hoping for a nice spiral out of them!

Edited by Serotina

Glad to see more people signed up. ^.^  Good luck everyone!

On 5/7/2021 at 3:40 PM, rinoa26 said:

You should also take into account that Storms are more common than Magis and Kar6n could take over your lineage XD

I’m still thinking about doing a Kar6n lineage. :shades: Thinking about what breeds I could use (in the middle of spiral) that would be more common than Storm. :iraptor:

LOVE Magi especially with Storm, but don’t want a lot of fails. I’ll figure something out.

ETA: Sticking with original plan. Will probably be a mixed breed lineage.

Edited by missy_

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Sure thing! I think they are something to be proud of, :)

Here is the post about final standings from last year -- just click on the generation to see the lineage.

And from 2019 as well -- final lineages are the last column in the chart

Awww my favourite one is the Pygmy lineage which makes me think I should have chosen a breed with variations like lunar heralds or gemstones..... 😶 but oh well! 😂 

Just double checking @purplehaze is it okay to use fails? Looks like someone asked this in a previous challenge and it was okay then.

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional):

Forum Name: Long_before_sunrise

Today's Date: May 9, 2021

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : https://dragcave.net/view/D8U3b

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/160732

Goal (Plan for your lineage) Drakes with names from a long quote, double step spiral

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

OK - I got fed up searching for my planned egg, so I changed breed !

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): aqub
Forum Name: Aqub
Today's Date: 5/9/21

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : https://dragcave.net/lineage/Vhowa

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Inbred stairstep of Glystere x Sapo

Edited by Aqub

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional):
Forum Name: MeHasToe
Today's Date: 5-9-21

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : https://dragcave.net/view/RpkRi

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/160764

Goal (Plan for your lineage): single step spiral with Khusa and Alcedine

*realizes this is not a good plan* I- uh don't think I wanna do this actually...

Edited by MeHasToe

11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I have listed all participants who have signed up so far.

@rinoa26 You need to make your group public.

Ooops, sorry. Was absolutely sure it was set it to public while creating. Fixed it now.

On 5/9/2021 at 6:11 AM, MeHasToe said:

*realizes this is not a good plan* I- uh don't think I wanna do this actually...

@MeHasToe Is that just about the plan you had, or is that about entering the Challenge?

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): My dragons
Forum Name: purplehaze
Today's Date: 05/09/2021

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) Carl Chihuahua

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/160776

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Spiral with Coral Pygmies

Once again, as organizer and record keeper, I am joining but disqualifying myself from winning any of the top prizes.

Edited by purplehaze

9 hours ago, missy_ said:

Just double checking @purplehaze is it okay to use fails? Looks like someone asked this in a previous challenge and it was okay then.

Yes I have this question too. Are fails allowed? 

I'm not purple, but I had a catastrophic fail the first time I did this, and purple said it was OK as long as my lineage took a recognisable form - so I just had to change it to a different SORT of spiral.

Of course this will be your last chance to switch, so no more goofs! (unless of course you can change it to a multi-step wave or something else creative -- it just has to have a recognizable pattern.)

5 hours ago, MeHasToe said:

Goal (Plan for your lineage): single step spiral with Khusa and Alcedine

What about Cloudplumes And Bolts?

1 hour ago, Mirajane said:

Yes I have this question too. Are fails allowed? 

Sorry I missed this question before, but yes, absolutely -- fails are allowed as long as the shape of your lineage remains consistent throughout. I did a spiral last time with Fevers and Whites and just used whatever came from the breeding and bred it to the other breed for the next step. Fevers dominated. :( Maybe it would be different this year as we may hopefully be emerging from the worst of the pandemic?

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Sorry I missed this question before, but yes, absolutely -- fails are allowed as long as the shape of your lineage remains consistent throughout. I did a spiral last time with Fevers and Whites and just used whatever came from the breeding and bred it to the other breed for the next step. Fevers dominated. :( Maybe it would be different this year as we may hopefully be emerging from the worst of the pandemic?

Definitely no fevers! Only health and wealth! Thanks for the explanation. So the goal is to maintain the consistency of the lineage. That seems fair to me and very achievable. :)