Tini

Rounding off shard totals

Some way to discard extra shards would be nice, as any amount not ending in 00 is essentially worthless, what with the shop only having items that cost multiples of 100. Whether it's something between multiples of 100 to spend shards on, or just some way to dump extra shards, I have no opinion.

Having to plan out how to get X amount of shards at the end of the week sounds like an extra pain in the rump (and honestly I know I've told myself a million times that I'd fix my odd amount of shards this time, but never done it because I had too much other stuff going on). Sometimes you have fast weeks and other times, life just happens.

That said, I would avoid rounding up in this case, but rounding down seems the most fair to me, as it isn't just 'giving' shards to people.

Maybe being able to offer a bit extra when buying would be the simplest. Like giving the server a tip.

I think it'd be fun if there was a collective "shards discarded" tally. Has no effect, no incentive and no competition, just a statistic or two. Something like...

Shards discarded this week: 337

Highest weekly record: 1247

Total shards discarded: 47834

Discard shards

Edited by Shadowdrake

On 5/2/2021 at 11:45 PM, purplehaze said:

But then people who have an even number of shards will end up with an uneven number if they want to buy that dragon, so I don't really see that as a solution. Just shifts the problem to someone else.

The idea is to pick something so common there's no reason somebody who wants it can't get it from a biome for free.  Blacktips, Horsedragons, Teimarrs - anything common enough that it sits in the Cave through multiple rounds of :05 shuffles pretty much any hour of the day would do.  Although I guess I didn't make it clear in my first poste that it should change periodically, just as other dragon prices do!  Sorry.  As long as something is available for 101 shards (or 11 shards) people can buy down their total shard number one by one if they want to!  Anyone who wants that dragon can get it from a biome if it would change their shard count, or wait till the price changes to an even number.

I'm not one of the people it bugs that much - I have a few over an even number, but I hardly even look at my total - but I don't see how having one ultracommon dragon be priced a shard above other commons each week would cause a problem for anyone, as long as it's not the same dragon all year round.

Edited by sorenna

I had 19 shards through a glitch. One week recently I was a bit less active as I was occupied with other things, so now it's down to 17.

It does really bug me. Considering that there's no way to use an amount of shards that isn't a multiple of 100, so even beyond the fact that I REALLY don't like uneven numbers (and it is a big deal for me-- blame autism and a little bit of OCD) those 17 shards are absolutely worthless. I will never be in a position where I can spend them, and if I'm 17 shards short of of the egg I want to buy it's not hard to just breed nine eggs to the AP for two shards each.

Stopping playing for the rest of the week is an option but it isn't exactly a good one. Things growing up gives you shards iirc, so you'll likely still end up with an uneven count, not to mention... well, I won't be playing the game, so I can't work on my lineages or CB goals.

Edited by Keileon

Yeah things growing gives you shards, so like, the most probable time to be able to do this would be if you're mass killing hatchies for halloween revives. If you don't hatch anything after sunday and have a scroll lock worth of hatchies to die and then get the right number of shards via breeding/ap, fogball everything, and Leave. Technically it works. It just sucks cause I don't care to kill that many lol.