UnicornMaiden

Explain about Breeds with Limited Availability

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This is true. It should say in the encyclopaedia under each holiday one: "can only be found at x time of year." (The seasonals are kind of self-explanatory.) As to GoNs and hybrids saying simply: 

• Found in: Unknown

I'm not sure that's enough info for people with no knowledge. Then again, they probably wouldn't have unlocked them so can't access that stuff anyway.

If they haven't unlocked these, then these breeds won't show up in the drop-down anyway, would they?

Like, if you unlocked the egg sprite, you have the Encyclopedia link AND the hub drop down option.

(Unlocking the egg sprite for holiday eggs may be a tad difficult outside of holidays.)

If you unlocked the hatchling or adult sprite only, you still wouldn't have the drop down option in the hub, but you'd have access to the Encyclopedia page via the breed name link on a creature's view page.

(Just thinking that misleading hub options in the drop down may not be the source of misunderstandings for newbies - they see stuff on other people's scrolls and want the same, that's all)

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

If they haven't unlocked these, then these breeds won't show up in the drop-down anyway, would they?

Like, if you unlocked the egg sprite, you have the Encyclopedia link AND the hub drop down option.

(Unlocking the egg sprite for holiday eggs may be a tad difficult outside of holidays.)

If you unlocked the hatchling or adult sprite only, you still wouldn't have the drop down option in the hub, but you'd have access to the Encyclopedia page via the breed name link on a creature's view page.

(Just thinking that misleading hub options in the drop down may not be the source of misunderstandings for newbies - they see stuff on other people's scrolls and want the same, that's all)

Very true.

While I agree that having the info on the encyclopedia page would be a good idea I also think it would be really helpful to have a page in the Help section. That way the info would be available to even the most newbie users.