Haloclimb

Answered!

All good! Looks like I did revive and forget. Thank you for the help!

Edited by Haloclimb

The action log only shows the last 30 days IIRC.

This isn't a newly frozen hatchie, so maybe you killed and revived it some time ago.

Happened once to me too. So now I have a group for revived dragons so I know I can't take them for zombie attemps again.

I always name them something that indicates this to me. And now that groups are a thing they hang out with my actual zombies.

I think survivors are not available for trade. I've seen reports that they showed as not tradable in the teleport selection menu.

(I don't know if these were glitches or if this is a general thing)

Which honestly seems like a crappy thing to do to an unsuspecting other user. Why not just release them instead?

20 hours ago, VixenDra said:

this still doesn't help if you catch an abandoned survivor in the AP tho, or if someone trades a manually Killed(=non-timeout) survivor to you.

Revived and abandoned hatchlings will have the revive ability restored once someone else grabs it. This was discovered relatively recently through testing. Same folks confirmed that revived hatchies can't be traded, at least before they get abandoned.

Edited by Shadowdrake

22 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

The action log only shows the last 30 days IIRC.

This isn't a newly frozen hatchie, so maybe you killed and revived it some time ago.

Happened once to me too. So now I have a group for revived dragons so I know I can't take them for zombie attemps again.

I killed the hatchling then immediately went to revive, which was when the option to revive was greyed out. No time delay for an old kill & revive.

The hatchling wasn't from the AP either- I caught it as an egg from the AP, hatched it and froze it a while back, and have been working through the backlog. (Though it was from so long ago that it was potentially a hatchling, but I am very very doubtful- I  immediately fog kill any hatchies I pick up for zombie attempts. Saves the kills for those that need it!)

Still not sure why that single hatchling out of all the other kills refused to allow a revive, I just wish it hadn't used up a whole kill slot that I have to wait two weeks for again >.<

1 hour ago, Haloclimb said:

I killed the hatchling then immediately went to revive, which was when the option to revive was greyed out. No time delay for an old kill & revive.

When you killed and successfully revived it (meaning it came back as the dragon it was, not as a zombie) when you got it last year or early that year, that wouldn't show up in your action log.

Once a dragon is successfully revived, it got all the actions back like every other dragon, including kill. But it can only be revived once by the same owner (if Shadowdrake is correct, didn't hear of this before), meaning the revive option is greyed out after the second kill.

1 hour ago, rinoa26 said:

When you killed and successfully revived it (meaning it came back as the dragon it was, not as a zombie) when you got it last year or early that year, that wouldn't show up in your action log.

Once a dragon is successfully revived, it got all the actions back like every other dragon, including kill. But it can only be revived once by the same owner (if Shadowdrake is correct, didn't hear of this before), meaning the revive option is greyed out after the second kill.

To reiterate- the hatching had not been previously killed and then successfully revived. The hatchling had been hatched, then frozen, and then killed once. I don't keep successful revives; they are useless to me as they cannot be revived.
Still not sure what happened here, but I will keep an eye open when I can work through the other hatchlings collected at the same time and see if this happens again.

Since only a previous revival could prevent it from doing so, your only other option is to ping @TJ09 to look into it. But it is more likely that you simply forgot (or it came from the ap that way. I've certainly never heard about that resetting the single revive chance.)

The message is correct in this case: you killed and successfully revived the hatchling back in February, so a second revive is not allowed.

8 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The message is correct in this case: you killed and successfully revived the hatchling back in February, so a second revive is not allowed.

Looks like it was me then! Thank you for the help, I'll make sure to kick me hatchlings pronto next time!