Talisraye

Silly Coincidences

Hi. So, not sure if this is a good topic or not, but it got a good chuckle.

I put up a 2g Staterae for offers.

What is one of the offers? A 3g bronze tin and 2g silver I had bred and released.

I just find that funny. The person clearly doesn't know they're offering me my own eggs back. 2 of them! I do have my scroll name on. But of course it's not something I tend to look at myself, either. I just offer what I have for what I want and hope for the best, but it's still funny.

Has anything like this happened to you?

Edited by Talisraye

I have had this exact thing happen to me, funnily enough. With me it was holiday dragons, however.

It's not silly, but I've found the Transistor egg when a song from Transistor was playing, and I have 3000+ tracks in the playlist 😛

Spoiler

Transistor_art.jpg g73a6u.gif

Had that happen yesterday. Gave away an egg on discord. Posted another shortly after as a trade on accident. Got an offer of the egg I had just given away. I accepted and reposted the egg again lol. Hopefully it has found a good home.

this didn't happen to me, but a friend who just got into DC. they picked up an egg off the AP because they thought it looked interesting, and then i saw them sending me a ton of messages on discord. turns out that they had picked up one of my eggs from my small holiday checker "mass"breeds (its not much of a massbreed, i just breed what i have). somehow they were in the perfect place at the perfect time to pick it up, and it was a breed that they happened to like the egg sprite of XD 

Not particularly silly, but bred my only Blancblack with a Bauta and got a Bauta egg..  Decided to keep it to complete my scroll goal for adult Bautas (2 M & 2 F) since I don't see them in the cave all that often,

The next egg I picked up from the cave was....

a Bauta 

Edited by foreverlokied224

On 4/17/2021 at 12:37 AM, ShadowsGirl9 said:

I have two dragons with almost identical codes: 500R5 and 5o0R5 !

Oh, that's so cool.  I love when that happens!  :) 

I have (LuwvY) and (LUWvY), which are probably the closest.  I also have (7wiNs) and (07WIN), and (EnzUp) and (InzUP).  

I also have a bunch of 3-letter word code duplicates, though the 'style' of them can be pretty different.  :)  

3 hours ago, sorenna said:

Oh, that's so cool.  I love when that happens!  :) 

I have (LuwvY) and (LUWvY), which are probably the closest.  I also have (7wiNs) and (07WIN), and (EnzUp) and (InzUP).  

I also have a bunch of 3-letter word code duplicates, though the 'style' of them can be pretty different.  :)  

I have a couple of those myself! 😄 I also just realized that one of my 3-letter word codes, U3CuP, is descended from two dragons with the codes "L0GIC" and "Logic". I feel lucky when I get 3-letter word codes that are the same, I can't imagine have two of the same 5-letter words! o: 

Update: I just realized they have six of them! 

Edited by ShadowsGirl9
HUH?????????????????? S I X ?????

8 hours ago, ShadowsGirl9 said:

I have a couple of those myself! 😄 I also just realized that one of my 3-letter word codes, U3CuP, is descended from two dragons with the codes "L0GIC" and "Logic". I feel lucky when I get 3-letter word codes that are the same, I can't imagine have two of the same 5-letter words! o: 

Update: I just realized they have six of them! 

Wow!  What an amazing collection.  o.O  

I collect CBs with "bat" or "boo" codes for a lineage project, so I have several of those, but then some words just seem to keep turning up on their own - I've got 4 "hot" codes, for instance, despite never looking for that word specifically.  :D  (My 3-letter word codes, in case anyone's curious or looking for a specific combo.)

I have relatively few 5-letter word codes (and some of them are a bit of a stretch), so I can't imagine having multiples!  That would be really cool, though. 

I did breed this and this lately, though, which I thought was funny.  :)

Edited by sorenna

4 hours ago, sorenna said:

Wow!  What an amazing collection.  o.O  

I collect CBs with "bat" or "boo" codes for a lineage project, so I have several of those, but then some words just seem to keep turning up on their own - I've got 4 "hot" codes, for instance, despite never looking for that word specifically.  :D  (My 3-letter word codes, in case anyone's curious or looking for a specific combo.)

I have relatively few 5-letter word codes (and some of them are a bit of a stretch), so I can't imagine having multiples!  That would be really cool, though. 

I did breed this and this lately, though, which I thought was funny.  :)

Aww how cute! ❤️ It's a shame the two lovechildren are both male; you could have bred them together and made one big happy family :c 

1 hour ago, ShadowsGirl9 said:

Aww how cute! ❤️ It's a shame the two lovechildren are both male; you could have bred them together and made one big happy family :c 

Thanks!  :) 

I was hoping for a Red from the Red/Black pair, to be bred with the 2G Turp, so I'll rebreed sometime this week. 

23 minutes ago, sorenna said:

Thanks!  :) 

I was hoping for a Red from the Red/Black pair, to be bred with the 2G Turp, so I'll rebreed sometime this week. 

Good luck!! ^-^

Jumping on the code coincidence bandwagon, but I own this nice pair of almost identical all-lowercase codes: bodmo and kodmo.

These guys were caught 11 months between one another in 2017 and then 2018 and everytime I think about the chances of these two up I cringe a little. :lol: And nothing like this has happened to me since then.

i don't collect codes, but i just realized what i came here to say was actually a code-related coincidence in itself O.o scary...

i have two caveborn bronze tinsels that i breed together very rarely, but lately i realized i never kept a purebred baby from them for myself. this week, they finally bred an egg for me and...

image.png.b2c18e1d3d7d50d3f1015f9a2885b71c.png

the last two eggs bred from them have both been all caps (yes, those are both an i!)... the chances of that feel pretty low, especially considering that the two arent the most compatible and don't love to give me an egg that often XD 

9 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

image.png.b2c18e1d3d7d50d3f1015f9a2885b71c.png

*sings*   🎵 I wanna be AHIPY... 🎵

16 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

*sings*   🎵 I wanna be AHIPY... 🎵

looks like i found a name for this dragon :P 

I've been trying to find another Z coded Sawtooth for what feels like forever (so perhaps two or three days :P).

I caught something valuable, it came off cooldown overnight, so I just put that up for trade asking for a Z code Sawtooth - and two minutes later, I caught one in the Jungle. :lol:

So I'm currently actively hunting CB Moo code eggs and James Bond type codes with 00 and then another number. Those are my 2 most needed CBs at the moment. 

And today I bred this.

I mean really???

@Wiz That's funny!  :lol:  (This little piggy is actually a cow, and also a spy?) But really, the cave sometimes does ironic (Alanis Morissette definition) things.

Edited by Confused Cat

13 hours ago, Wiz said:

So I'm currently actively hunting CB Moo code eggs and James Bond type codes with 00 and then another number. Those are my 2 most needed CBs at the moment. 

And today I bred this.

I mean really???

I collect “00” codes as well. But I don’t just collect the ones with a number after them. I name mine, usually based on the rest of their code. https://dragcave.net/group/50402