SpyroForLife

ANSWERED:Make the Foolsmints appear upside-down on the lineage page

9 hours ago, Ashywolf said:

I'm genuinely curious how many people made flipped mint lineages who would be upset by this change. Are there really many, or any people, who made a "perfect" mint lineage using flips that would be upset by a flipped lineage sprite retroactively? They are a novelty dragon, but it's a shame they aren't flipped in more places in my eyes.

Hmm. How about those people who have a flipped Mint in a lineage they own and don't know it (because the line in their eyes wasn't about flipped Mints - e.g. maybe it's a rainbow lineage and the Mint just happens to be in there, or it's a checker with Mints and some of them are flipped and some aren't)? I would expect those people to be at least somewhat upset if the sprite suddenly flipped.

Yeah, like, the lineage issue isn't people who want to work with Fool Mint lines--it's the fact that they've been "invisible" for three years and there's probably (as an example) a fair few Mint-based checkers that would be ruined in their owner's eyes because they weren't actively filtering out fool's mints when breeding them.

2 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Yeah, like, the lineage issue isn't people who want to work with Fool Mint lines--it's the fact that they've been "invisible" for three years and there's probably (as an example) a fair few Mint-based checkers that would be ruined in their owner's eyes because they weren't actively filtering out fool's mints when breeding them.

Good point. That's annoying for people like me :(

On 4/28/2021 at 4:49 AM, Guillotine said:

Are fool's mints really that widespread by this point? Feels like they are still barely in circulation.

23 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

Are fool's mints really that widespread by this point? Feels like they are still barely in circulation.

They can breed every week and those offspring can in turn be bred widely as well. Threeish years in for a much rarer dragon (Tinsels) it was not terribly difficult to find gen 5+ lines from them; even the initial wave of Fool's Mints were much more widespread than Tins.

I can't say how many would have been incorporated into lines relying on the mint sprite staying as-is, but it's bound to be substantial at this point.

3 hours ago, Ashywolf said:

I got my first Flip this year, the first year I was back to collect any, and have a small group of Mints from flipped lines, https://dragcave.net/group/157073.

My Flips are far nicer lines than any of the early Tinselkin or Shimmerkin lines I managed to collect.

I'm reviving this thread because I was thinking about it again, I really want this to be a thing

edit: nvm i'm dumb looked back and forgot LOL sorry ignore me 

Edited by PokeCat

I can understand the argument against having them flipped in lineage view, but I personally would love to see it. I have a distinct flip line for each of my hoarders, separate from their normal mints cousins, so being able to see that at a glance in lineage would be pretty cool imo

That said, I'm not terribly upset that lineages don't show, but 100% yes please have them show the flip on scroll view.

ALL the base layer in this line are upsydowns and I'd love them to show that. But I can also see how other people's lines would be adversely affected.... One of those can't please everyone things.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/SAVbR

I've already answered why I don't plan to do this, here:

I'll close this topic, since that hasn't changed.