Sirocco

Xenowyrm Breeding

I've searched up topics related to Xenowyrms and how their types turn out when bred, but I still can't make heads or tails of it so I am hoping someone would ELI5. 

From what I understand if you breed xeno and xeno you will get either breed or a small chance of the other 10 breeds. If you breed xeno and non-xeno you will get either breed or a chance of a xeno corresponding to the non-xeno's biome. I am not entirely sure how being CB or not affects this. My AP xeno pick-ups are all different breeds from their parents in the lineage, so I was confused about this.

Hello! Xenos can be super confusing. Hopefully this handy chart on breeding patterns will help you: 

Biomes can affect a dragon's element. But you don't really need a CB xeno or mate to produce more xenos. 

Cute MLP avatar/signature, btw. 

33 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Hello! Xenos can be super confusing. Hopefully this handy chart on breeding patterns will help you: 

Biomes can affect a dragon's element. But you don't really need a CB xeno or mate to produce more xenos. 

Cute MLP avatar/signature, btw. 

Yes! I was wondering about that chart and its explanations. I understand the variations but what is the difference between Non-Xeno (regular biome) and Non-Xeno (Cave)? Aren't CBs from their own biomes anyway?

Thanks, I am working on another sig that is 20% cooler.

7 hours ago, Sirocco said:

what is the difference between Non-Xeno (regular biome) and Non-Xeno (Cave)? Aren't CBs from their own biomes anyway?

Biomes were introduced long after Dragcave started out. Originally, there was only 1 cave, no biomes. Dragons from back then, CB Prizes, summoned dragons like Sinomorphs and Guardians of Nature, and holiday dragons from the Holiday biome nowadays carry the information Location: Cave on their /view/ page.

https://dragcave.net/view/Sect

Note that dragons with Location: Market behave just like those with Location: Cave

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Biomes were introduced long after Dragcave started out. Originally, there was only 1 cave, no biomes. Dragons from back then, CB Prizes, summoned dragons like Sinomorphs and Guardians of Nature, and holiday dragons from the Holiday biome nowadays carry the information Location: Cave on their /view/ page.

https://dragcave.net/view/Sect

Note that dragons with Location: Market behave just like those with Location: Cave

I see, that makes a lot of sense, thank you.

I'm trying to complete my xenos, but I'm still somewhat confused about the breeding...

Is it possible to get a Staterae egg by breeding xenos x xenos?

And is there an effective way to produce an aquilo egg if you don't have an aquilo yet? Should I breed another xeno with an air element dragon?

26 minutes ago, Waldfrau said:

Is it possible to get a Staterae egg by breeding xenos x xenos?

Yes its just incredibly rare, I have seen one in trades.

27 minutes ago, Waldfrau said:

And is there an effective way to produce an aquilo egg if you don't have an aquilo yet? Should I breed another xeno with an air element dragon?

I think its to do with the biome, not the element. So you breed a xeno with a dragon from the Alpine.

Alternatively; get one from the market! At 100 shards they are super cheap and you could literally grind 100 today and buy one. 

Thanks! My problem is that I can't purchase eggs on the market as long as the breed isn't unlocked.

Visit the hatcheries and view the eggs there. The only one that can be hard to find is the Stat and they do show up -- just might take longer.