L4D2

LSD: Dream Emulator

lsd:de is like my special interest/fixation i never get tired seeing or talking about it. if anyones interested in talking in this thread i'd rather have actual discussion about it other than ppl saying it's a weird game. For those unaware, LSD: Dream Emulator is an exploration game developed and published by Asmik Ace Entertainment for the PlayStation. In LSD, the player explores surreal environments without any objective. The player can only move and touch objects that will warp them to another setting.

I believe that it's a very underrated game it is very pretty and aesthetic. It looks even prettier and surreal given its PS1 graphics. 🕺

(I looked to see if anyone else made a topic about this, found nothing which I expected cause this game is really not talked about)

Oh I do know about the game but never managed to play it, isn't the game now harder to play since sony shut down the ps3/vita/psp stores? Granted emulators exist, but it's not the same. Also is there another way to play the game outside of emulation? I know it doesn't get covered much since it's somewhat obscure.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:58 AM, DragonO said:

Oh I do know about the game but never managed to play it, isn't the game now harder to play since sony shut down the ps3/vita/psp stores? Granted emulators exist, but it's not the same. Also is there another way to play the game outside of emulation? I know it doesn't get covered much since it's somewhat obscure.

Actually, I found a web-hosted emulator which worked when I tried it, though it takes a while to load.

Here's a link: https://www.retrogames.cc/psx-games/lsd-dream-emulator.html

I've only watched let's plays of the game online but I remember they freaked me out! Cool game tho.

@DragonO I hadn’t realized ppl seen this! but as lovecats said, there’s a way to play it online in a web based emulator! I’ve played it there before. Also, yes, you’re right about it being difficult to find i’m pretty sure the only physical copies of this game existed in Japan. It never released in the US and i’m not even sure you can get it in playstation stores. Emulation is probably your best bet, I think there’s a way to set up a playstation controller to your computer if it has bluetooth! So maybe you can make it as much to the real experience as possible. :] 

For some reason the entire vibe of the levels scare me in some deep way so I'm not sure if I could play it, but it looks really cool! I don't know much about it, so personally I'd be willing to hear you infodump if you're up for it... Just like lovecats, I've also only ever seen let's plays of it (although very few at that)